• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Del Rio shitcanned

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can make that case for any player in the draft. While Luck's hype is greater than a typical player, nobody has proven themselves. That said, Luck's potential is impossible to pass up. Just can't do it, regardless of the hype. It would be like Cleveland passing up on Lebron because his hype was WAY more than the actual player. It's a foolish decision to make.

agree.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that IMO Luck's hype/skill ratio is greater than normal, and especially much greater than a player like Lebron, using your example. Sell high, buy low. Plus, you're not putting all your eggs in one Ki-Jana Carter basket. ;)

Sorry, low blow.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm saying that IMO Luck's hype/skill ratio is greater than normal, and especially much greater than a player like Lebron, using your example. Sell high, buy low. Plus, you're not putting all your eggs in one Ki-Jana Carter basket. ;)

Sorry, low blow.

Well, Steelers fans would know about low blows :drum:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all thought Mike Brown was fucked up?

This is from an owner that tells Del Rio at the beginning of camp that this year he must make the playoffs, then turns around and releases Del Rio's starting QB a week before the season started..

That team is destined for LA for sure.

According to the sale of the team, the current GM or current owner is putting in a stipulation that the new buyer is 100% dedicated to Jax and will absolutely not move the franchise to L.A. Otherwise the sale will not occur.

I think you are handcuffing the sale of the team by saying that, but whatever.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There isn't Dan. I do think there is a chance they trade him though if Old Pollian is still in charge and Manning is going to come back and play.

I'm not sure if this will factor or into the decsion or not, but Bill Polian's son is on the Stanford coaching staff... found that interesting when it was mentioned during the game last week

any team that lacks a surefire franchise QB (that includes the Rams and possibly the Colts) is going to take Luck without hesitation imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Colts better take Andrew Luck.

Fuckers. Manning for 15 and Luck for at least another 10?

Not. Fair.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Manning passes a physical, the Colts should trade him. If Palmer is worth a 1st and a conditional 1st, Manning should be worth a ton. The Colts could rebuild their entire team and be leveraged for another 10 great years.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton to the Redskins perhaps? Maybe Arizona? To the Jets would be interesting. To the browns would be a nightmare.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's contract has an opt out clause after this year....

The colts could simply opt out, unless they can find a team willing to pay Manning what he will be owed on the rest of his contract.

OR have Manning willing to re-structure once he is traded.

It will be interesting.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wouldn't make any sense to allow Manning to opt out. I absolutely pick up the clause and trade him, preferably next offseason. There will be a taker.