• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anyone liking another team less than Alabama. Cannot stand that team or its coach. Glad Meyer has kicked his butt a number of times.

Don't know exactly why but I have hated the Big Ten for then most part since I was a kid.

I hate Bama too, don't get it confused. I said I hoped all these teams could have lost

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not an OSU fan but when they lost their starting QB at the beginning of the season I figured they were done. Then they lose their 2nd QB before the Big 10 Championship game and roll along with their 3rd QB. Not too many teams would have done well going on a 3rd QB. Will be interesting to see how that holds up in a big atmosphere like the Sugar Bowl. Plus Oregon and Alabama have a little bit of a home field advantage in these games tonight.

Meyer is a great football coach. It will be interesting going forward with he and Harbaugh going head to head in the Big 10.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know exactly why but I have hated the Big Ten for then most part since I was a kid.

I hate Bama too, don't get it confused. I said I hoped all these teams could have lost

As a kid it was pretty simple for me. If it didn't come from the state of Texas I didn't like it. I mostly stick to that today, but there are a few teams I make exceptions for...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a kid it was pretty simple for me. If it didn't come from the state of Texas I didn't like it. I mostly stick to that today, but there are a few teams I make exceptions for...

How broad-minded of ya Rev.

And guys like you don't get it when you go somewhere else - hell, any place else - and are bedazzled that the other folks don't like Texans.

Hard to figure for sure.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEO of Nike hangs out on the sideline. Gross...

One of the reasons I don't like the Ducks, and the always changing craziness of their uniforms, looking for points for flashiness. I root for ASU in that conference so I hate most other Pac 12 teams. Though having lived 6 yrs in AZ, when the Sun Devils are out I root for the Cats.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the best player off every team and they are considerably worse. He was drafted by a good franchise. The Colts got the first pick because Peyton was done. Luck was a parting gift for Manning leaving.

That would be like saying the Cowboys suck because without Romo they only win 6 games.

Not at all....the Cowboys win 8 games or less every season until now for the past 2 decades, since you haven't been paying attention.

The Colts are horrid without Luck. Just look at their team for crying out loud.

Apparently the QB position in the pros is damn near an impossible position to play, since there's so few of them which are capable.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And guys like you don't get it when you go somewhere else - hell, any place else - and are bedazzled that the other folks don't like Texans.

Hard to figure for sure.

It was a joke. And personally I don't care if people don't like Texas or Texans.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to figure for sure.

Those people must not have ever experienced "Texas friendly". The way we drive, the way most true Texas gentlemen treat ladies etc.. Some folks from Texas give us a bad name but for the most part if people don't like Texans its a preconceived notion and not because they've been here and seen how cordial most of us are. I say most people that don't like Texans can piss off. Probably from NYC or something

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people must not have ever experienced "Texas friendly". The way we drive, the way most true Texas gentlemen treat ladies etc.. Some folks from Texas give us a bad name but for the most part if people don't like Texans its a preconceived notion and not because they've been here and seen how cordial most of us are. I say most people that don't like Texans can piss off. Probably from NYC or something

I wouldn't base my opinion of people off how they banter on a sports forum anyway.

We can talk crap about sports teams we don't like and still be nice people. I don't take any of this stuff personally.

Bama off to a slow start btw.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know only Heisman trophy winning QB has won a playoff game out of the last 16 has won a playoff game? That dude isn't in the league anymore consequently (Tebow). The odds are not in Mariota or Winston's favor.

And the odds were against Brady and Brees* (speaking of Texas products) to have success too.

The odds are against everyone in the NFL; especially at the position of QB. That's why these two guys, along with big Ben, Wilson, Romo, etc are household names now.

*Where did he play his college ball? Since no one in the Lone Star State wanted him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a freaking punt

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke. And personally I don't care if people don't like Texas or Texans.

:agree:...totally!

It's a shame so many people don't see it this way really.

I came to Texas many decades ago and it's been a positive relationship from day one.

My buddies have visited me and had a great time during same for sure too!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers have proven to be a killer of momentum today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm UNFORTUNATELY cheering for Bama today, and the Ducks in the finals!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the odds were against Brady and Brees* (speaking of Texas products) to have success too.

The odds are against everyone in the NFL; especially at the position of QB. That's why these two guys, along with big Ben, Wilson, Romo, etc are household names now.

*Where did he play his college ball? Since no one in the Lone Star State wanted him.

Brees went to Purdue because Mack Brown said he was too short to play QB.

And yes the odds are against most. QB is the hardest position to play well in the sport. The reason I am hard against spread qbs is that to play the game you need to be smart, talented, and have the size. And if you lack in any area you have to more than make up for it in the other two. I don't think Winston has a brain worth a nickel. He's just a knuckle head. And Mariota plays in a system where he isn't forced to make long throws on the regular. They are predicated on quick reads vs single coverage. I don't trust his ability to flourish vs more complex systems based on the how his predecessors have looked in the NFL. It's just my take though. I expect both to be drafted high because it's a QB driven league. And it only takes one QB pick to be right on to set you for 8+ years.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't base my opinion of people off how they banter on a sports forum anyway.

We can talk crap about sports teams we don't like and still be nice people. I don't take any of this stuff personally.

Bama off to a slow start btw.

Yeah I know Don is just busting your chops anyway, but I always like to back most Texans when people say they dont like people from Texas for one reason or another.

Probably the reason I root for Southern teams over Northern teams in most sport match ups. Though I have regional favs. Sports banter is fun for all these reason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd string QB looked good for OSU on that throw

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know Don is just busting your chops anyway, but I always like to back most Texans when people say they dont like people from Texas for one reason or another.

Probably the reason I root for Southern teams over Northern teams in most sport match ups. Though I have regional favs. Sports banter is fun for all these reason

Give me a Texan over most others!! Some okies can be okay. Just not Romeo. :wink:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a Texan over most others!! Some okies can be okay. Just not Romeo. :wink:

Anyone from north of the Red River is a Yankee!:whistle::pound::usa::suds:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo is ok when he's asleep. Give the boy a break.:rollseyes: