• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the big 12 have anyone in the play off's?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the big 12 have anyone in the play off's?

If K state wins out, yes. If Baylor wins out, maybe. They're being rightly penalized for their weak OOC scheduling. If TCU wins out, probably.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If K state wins out, yes. If Baylor wins out, maybe. They're being rightly penalized for their weak OOC scheduling. If TCU wins out, probably.

K State has by far the toughest schedule of these 3 from here on in.

But as far as the rankings are concerned, it's a crap shoot until we get a few more games in the books.

Tonight, with Ole Miss and Miss St getting beat, could sure shake things up substantially.

This is what I love so much about college ball.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K State has by far the toughest schedule of these 3 from here on in.

But as far as the rankings are concerned, it's a crap shoot until we get a few more games in the books.

Tonight, with Ole Miss and Miss St getting beat, could sure shake things up substantially.

This is what I love so much about college ball.

Seems to be much more parity this year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that last play in the Ole Miss game?

Gruesome!

And what a way for Mississippi to lose it too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that last play in the Ole Miss game?

Gruesome!

And what a way for Mississippi to lose it too.
Terrible and a heart breaker if you're a rebel.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible and a heart breaker if you're a rebel.

I'm no Ole Miss Rebel fan.

But I sure hated to see that young man, Laquon Treadwell, get hurt like that. Hopefully he'll be fine, in the long run.

Treadwell's injury probably cost Ole Miss the game and a chance at the National Championship.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M's little Cinderella run is over. No more living off a couple wins from 2012.

I wouldn't say anything is over, but this season has certainly been eye opening in a lot of respects, still a lot of young talent built up on the depth chart

Offense needs a kick in the rear and the defense needs some young talent to mature further

They're playing with zero motivation on both sides of the ball right now

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say anything is over, but this season has certainly been eye opening in a lot of respects, still a lot of young talent built up on the depth chart

Offense needs a kick in the rear and the defense needs some young talent to mature further

They're playing with zero motivation on both sides of the ball right now

I hope you guys don't lose recruits to Texas. Are you worried about that happening? Texas probably won't make a bowl, but it seems like recruits are giving the Longhorns a pass.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at some of the records of teams and the SEC heavy ratings do bother me some. I looked at Alabama at they beat West Va in the Georgia Dome by 10 and have not beaten any other decent team since. K-State has just one loss and that to Auburn 20-14. If an SEC team had lost to Auburn 20-14 it would have barely moved down the top 25. Oregon kicked Michigan St which I consider a quality win but it has taken them some time to move back up. If you look at most teams including most SEC teams there are very few who played quality teams outside their conference. Which to me makes it really hard to put one conference head and shoulders above another. Just thought I would stick my neck out on the chopping block.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, are we allowed to be friends this week?

Come-at-me-Bro-Meme-06.jpg

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys don't lose recruits to Texas. Are you worried about that happening? Texas probably won't make a bowl, but it seems like recruits are giving the Longhorns a pass.

Considering they are playing even worse than we are, not really

The ship will get righted and the Murray kid will probably be a beast at QB from the get go

After some initial hype the season is going much like people that actually know this team thought it was going to go, minus the thumping by Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss St were going to be tough games from the get go

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they are playing even worse than we are, not really

The ship will get righted and the Murray kid will probably be a beast at QB from the get go

After some initial hype the season is going much like people that actually know this team thought it was going to go, minus the thumping by Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss St were going to be tough games from the get go

Murray could choose baseball tho

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray could choose baseball tho

Can't really worry about that til it happens, plus everything I've seen and heard says he's more about football than baseball

Long term either way, I'm not too worried about the QB position, someone will step up

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M's little Cinderella run is over. No more living off a couple wins from 2012.

I think Sumlin is a hell of a coach overall but I think it just goes to show how special Manziel was. He made the Aggies relevant again after 2 decades. Amazing what that kid alone has done for that university.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at some of the records of teams and the SEC heavy ratings do bother me some. I looked at Alabama at they beat West Va in the Georgia Dome by 10 and have not beaten any other decent team since. K-State has just one loss and that to Auburn 20-14. If an SEC team had lost to Auburn 20-14 it would have barely moved down the top 25. Oregon kicked Michigan St which I consider a quality win but it has taken them some time to move back up. If you look at most teams including most SEC teams there are very few who played quality teams outside their conference. Which to me makes it really hard to put one conference head and shoulders above another. Just thought I would stick my neck out on the chopping block.

I don't think you've put yourself in the line of fire at all. And I'm "somewhat" of an SEC homer since I'm a big Tennessee fan.

But in fairness to your point, there are way too many SEC teams which OOC scheduling is at best poor. I have no problem with having a patsy, but if you're a top flight program - like Auburn - then you shouldn't have two, San Jose St and Samford, or if you're LSU with Sam Houston St & N Mexico St.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I don't think you've put yourself in the line of fire at all. And I'm "somewhat" of an SEC homer since I'm a big Tennessee fan.

But in fairness to your point, there are way too many SEC teams which OOC scheduling is at best poor. I have no problem with having a patsy, but if you're a top flight program - like Auburn - then you shouldn't have two, San Jose St and Samford, or if you're LSU with Sam Houston St & N Mexico St.

I know with the move to the SEC it was hard originally scheduling wise for a lot of teams to fit into their schedule, decent teams already had commitments to other teams, and it threw schedules out of whack, I know a&m has a game scheduled against arizona st next year, and then home and homes with ucla and Clemson the next 4 years, so it's getting better

but agreed the OOC schedule needs to improve

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know with the move to the SEC it was hard originally scheduling wise for a lot of teams to fit into their schedule, decent teams already had commitments to other teams, and it threw schedules out of whack, I know a&m has a game scheduled against arizona st next year, and then home and homes with ucla and Clemson the next 4 years, so it's getting better

but agreed the OOC schedule needs to improve

Then they went and backed out of that home and home with Oregon. :L

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sumlin is a hell of a coach overall but I think it just goes to show how special Manziel was. He made the Aggies relevant again after 2 decades. Amazing what that kid alone has done for that university.

The problem I see with A&M is their defense. Sumlin inherited and decent defensive team that first year to go with Manziel. If they had any kind of "D" last year they probably could have been undefeated. And of course it is worse this year. Have to see what kind of recruiter Sumlin is as far as building this team up with his recruits. JTA would know more about that than I would and know if it looks like he is or not.