• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Carr Chant in 2007

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to put this but thought this was funny. Clueless? Self-preservtion? Denial?

The fans turned on Carr and the Panthers quickly. After Carr's third-down pass was batted down near the end zone, John Kasay kicked a 29-yard field goal to cut the halftime deficit to 10-6.

But not before fans started chanted "We want Moore."

"It's not like we were purposely trying to not score points," Carr said. "They were chanting 'More' -- that they wanted more points. And we were trying to give it to them."

He had to know what they were really saying. I wonder if he thought of this during the Philadelphia game last year. To chant "We want more" would be one of the lamest crowd chants ever and it would seem something along the lines of "Go for it" would be more likely, though still lame. More in a then 10-3 game? Fans always want more and fans are impatient, but not just for points.

We want Moore!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is a prime example of how starting to early and on a poor team can ruining a promising career for a QB. He had a lot of good moments in Houston, but they had a horrible Oline. Carr eventually lost confidence in himself after taking way to many hits and being on a losing team for so many years.

Honestly this is what makes Alex Smith so remarkable right now. He pretty much went through what Carr did exactly, but he seems to have been able to weather the storm and be regaining his confidence in time to save his career.

Thinking more on it I'd say Alex had it much much worst than Carr too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Carr did well for the Giants in backup duty but didn't see what he did to warrant any notice. He didn't do poorly, but I don't get why anybody noticed. I mean he did have a 144 rating in 2008 but that was on 12 passes. Then in 2008 he had a 93.6 rating but on 33 passes. I don't mean to go overboard in criticism but it seemed like a lot of people said he did well on the Giants (to justify my question on why Alex would want to go somewhere to be a backup when he could stay here and start).

David Carr Game By Game Stats and Performance - New York Giants - ESPN
David Carr Game By Game Stats and Performance - New York Giants - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... I just noticed... Kinzu - looking at our post count, joined date, and rep power, we're as comparable as Carr and Smith were entering this season.