• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Are you rooting rooting for LVG?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Quick and what he has meant to the Kings and the fans, I can’t help but root for him to win another ring.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell to the no. Love Quick but Vegas needs to be out. They are the last remaining team on my no fly list for a Cup left in this year's POs so I'm pulling for the Stars in this round, and then whoever wins I don't really care. One by one they have all been eliminated.

But another year seeing Vegas without one is a good year indeed.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope
I know a few ex Kings are on the team including Quick. But even if they win, Quick won’t be on the cup. Not enough games and unless he plays in the final round, he doesn’t qualify.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope
I know a few ex Kings are on the team including Quick. But even if they win, Quick won’t be on the cup. Not enough games and unless he plays in the final round, he doesn’t qualify.

If he's the back up in the SCF, he will get his name on the Cup. Sure looking like that will be the situation since Broissoit hasn't been backing up and may be out the rest of the way with Hill starting.

Bernier has his name on the Cup from 2012 because of this although he didn't see a single second during that 2012 run. There are multiple ways a player can get his name on there, and being a backup in the SCFs is one of them because they are dressed snd ready to go in case something happens so it counts as games played.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell to the no. Love Quick but Vegas needs to be out. They are the last remaining team on my no fly list for a Cup left in this year's POs so I'm pulling for the Stars in this round, and then whoever wins I don't really care. One by one they have all been eliminated.

But another year seeing Vegas without one is a good year indeed.
Ok now I’m curious. What teams are on your list of “Can’t Win”?
I have a list too but I’m curious about yours.
For instance my list includes Every Team in Canada. The Ducks, Avs, Yotes, Panthers. I think that’s about it.
But in general, any team not named the LA Kings is on the list.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For instance my list includes Every Team in Canada. The Ducks, Avs, Yotes, Panthers. I think that’s about it.
All Canadian teams. Dux, VGK , Seattle, Rags, Boston.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vgk (even tho i live in Nevada), SJ, TOR, EDM, DUX

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? All the Original Six teams are gone. All the Canadian teams are gone. All the Northern teams are gone.

Everybody else I would root for is gone. To me, all the remaining teams are imposters.

A few years ago, I was in a bar and all we had was baseball, basketball and golf. We ended watching drones flying through an obstacle course.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certain teams I have no qualms with - I think a Dallas Florida Cup would be great, it's been kind of tiring seeing Tampa Bay and the like constantly getting there.

But my standard is Anaheim, SJ, Vegas, Blues and the last 2 years Edmonton because of the rivalry, the unwarranted knob gobbling they get, and just the shwarminess in general of that team from the coach to the players.

In the East it would be TO (see Edmonton), NYR, Washington.

Just need Dallas to get past Vegas and then I don't care who wins. Hopefully we will see LA in another SCF sometime in the next 5 years but I don't like how this team is built, they aren't meant for grind it out PO hockey and they need to make some significant changes to get there.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want
Habs
Ducks
Vegas
SJ
Any team from Canada
Then a gap
Then
The rest of the Pacific

Wife wants Dallas ( friend works for the Arena as a hostess for the wives) since her fowl team can’t win

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda sucks as i dont want Tchoke to win either

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda sucks as i dont want Tchoke to win either

He's grown on me during this run. Probably because he isn't in the West anymore, but he is the complete package from skill to grit to dirty to leadership.

He has absolutely elevated to elite status, something I don't think any of us could say when he was with Calgary and elbowing Doughty in the face (I'm still annoyed at that whole incident from his cheap shot to the Kings' lack of response, reminds me a lot of when Malkin elbowed Simmonds literally at the end of the game and Brown just skated on by and went down the tunnel into the locker room. That ho hum attitude is present again with this incarnation of the Kings) and being Tkachuk doing Tkachuk things. Seeing Kassian ragdoll the hell out of him a few years back is still one of my favorite clips.

As long as he keeps playing like he is and gets under the Knights skin and prevents them from winning a Cup I'll he pulling for Florida.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree about Tchoke, he is someone you want in the PO. If he matures properly he could be elite for years....but he has shown glimpses of being a clown as well and could end up on the Avery pile as well.