• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 6th grader brings gun to school

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Doubt that seriously. The British parliament was changing hands constantly way before that.

The King didn't. England wasn't an absolute monarchy, but it was still a monarchy. Control of the army was passed from the federalists to Thomas Jefferson in 1801, and that had never happened peacefully in the history of mankind.

And you can't just unilaterally say they meant only the British government when they actually said "ANY" government.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous, the parents need to be held reliable for not keeping there firearms secure. By all means though if you things guns need to be banned you are an idiot.

Held reliable? I think you meant held "liable".

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help so you don't go out in the real world getting laughed at behind your back.

:rockon:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge gun rights guy. I only own two, but they are unloaded with a trigger lock on both and I don't have kids... Yet. (may 21st that changes) i understand where people come from when they want to ban guns. Nobody likes to hear about children getting killed. The the proof is in the pudding. Criminals don't follow laws otherwise, they wouldnt be criminals. Also, do you know the amount of mass shootings that have been stopped from law abidding concealed carry owners? Google it. If I am ever in that situation, I pray there are law abiding civilians carrying to help protect me, my family, and everyone else.

What the point of keeping them unloaded? How can you protect anything if an intruder comes?

Let me also give you something to google, most of the high profile mass killing being by people with no criminal record.

Another thing to google, the big gun ban talk isn't about banning guns, it's about banning assault rifles.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King didn't. England wasn't an absolute monarchy, but it was still a monarchy. Control of the army was passed from the federalists to Thomas Jefferson in 1801, and that had never happened peacefully in the history of mankind.

And you can't just unilaterally say they meant only the British government when they actually said "ANY" government.

Of course you can. These were very self-serving individuals. They used this to justify their rebellion against their sovereign government. "All men are created equal" my eye! They meant all white land-owning men are created equal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Of course you can. These were very self-serving individuals. They used this to justify their rebellion against their sovereign government. "All men are created equal" my eye! They meant all white land-owning men are created equal.

You can believe that the founding fathers, who would have suffered HORRIBLY if they were caught, who risked life and property to gain power they peacefully relinquished (Washington could have been a king if he wanted) were self-serving, but the one thing you can't do is speak for them. They said "ANY" government. You didn't write the Declaration of Independence.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the point of keeping them unloaded? How can you protect anything if an intruder comes?

Let me also give you something to google, most of the high profile mass killing being by people with no criminal record.

Another thing to google, the big gun ban talk isn't about banning guns, it's about banning assault rifles.

(Depending on the type) it takes like, what, 15 seconds to grab a gun and load a clip? Keeping a gun unloaded makes it less likely that a kid will accidentally shoot themselves, or for a gun to accidentally go off.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Depending on the type) it takes like, what, 15 seconds to grab a gun and load a clip? Keeping a gun unloaded makes it less likely that a kid will accidentally shoot themselves, or for a gun to accidentally go off.

Not sure if you ever been in any type of fonk or not, but having to shuffle to get and slap a clip in shouldn't be an option. If you feel you need it, you should have it prepared (not cocked though). At least that's how I do it.

It shouldn't be where little kids can get to it, older kids should be educated on them.

Nothing to debate, let's just leave it where it is though, Bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not sure if you ever been in any type of fonk or not, but having to shuffle to get and slap a clip in shouldn't be an option. If you feel you need it, you should have it prepared (not cocked though). At least that's how I do it.

It shouldn't be where little kids can get to it, older kids should be educated on them.

There's also the safety...

And not telling your children where you keep your gun. It's just extremely quixotic and naive to think one can prevent tragic gun incidents with regulation. I don't own a gun, but I sure as hell would if I had a family to protect. My relatives did it right; they keep their gun in a secret compartment you'd never know was there. The only reason I know its location is because there was a time I might've had to use it if this lunitic came around the house. Thank God I didn't have too.

Like I said, just make murder illegal and that'll solve the problem.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the safety...

And not telling your children where you keep your gun. It's just extremely quixotic and naive to think one can prevent tragic gun incidents with regulation. I don't own a gun, but I sure as hell would if I had a family to protect. My relatives did it right; they keep their gun in a secret compartment you'd never know was there. The only reason I know its location is because there was a time I might've had to use it if this lunitic came around the house. Thank God I didn't have too.

Like I said, just make murder illegal and that'll solve the problem.

If you actually believe this makes any sort of point then the people who think legislation could help reduce gun violence aren't the naive one's in this thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If you actually believe this makes any sort of point then the people who think legislation could help reduce gun violence aren't the naive one's in this thread.

Ok, let me be more direct. Gun control people don't want murders to happen, and neither do the other side. But gun control people are naive because they believe more laws will stop people who have no respect for the law. That's insane.

There's a gun in every home in Switzerland, and it has the lowest gun crime rate in the civilized world. I understand how people think the other way; I did too a long time ago. But when I became an adult I realized the arguement is 100% backwards.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing to debate, let's just leave it where it is though, Bro.

Fonk, huh? I've seen a bit.

I've never been in a position where I was able to clap back at an attacker because I haven't kept a weapon on me in public in.... 6 years or so, but shit has hit the fan for me on numerous occasions. I've been jumped twice 4-on-1 (white boy in "wrong" neighborhood, and for disrespecting the hood on the day of a funeral cause of being a white boy walking my buddy's black GF back home), I've had a crackfiend try to stab me where I grabbed the blade to protect myself as he was lunging at me and fucked my hand up pretty good, and I've been shot at twice (right after the 2012 Giants WS celebration as I was outside Old Navy heading for the Powell BART, and 2008 North Oakland in a case - I think - of mistaken identity). Sure, every time my life was in danger a loaded gun could have helped, but as you inferred in your post, situations get fonky in a split second, and except for 1 of the times I was jumped, none of the situations would have allowed for me to even pull a gun out without someone being able to take it from me or aim right and kill me first.

As for being at home, no one has ever broken in my house when I've been home, so I've never had to fend off a B&E attempt, but when I mentioned keeping a gun unloaded in my last post, I was talking about a gun that is solely kept at home. If I had a Conceal Carry permit I would rock that shit and keep a loaded gun on my person, but I'm a felon, so me + a gun in public = cops get pissed off.

My guns are for hunting, and I have a pistol my dad holds onto, so its kind of hard to have those on my person. As for when kids are in the mix, IMO guns should be in a gun safe. That's how my pops always did it, and he never told me the combo to his safe. Too bad, too, cause he has some SICK guns.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let me be more direct. Gun control people don't want murders to happen, and neither do the other side. But gun control people are naive because they believe more laws will stop people who have no respect for the law. That's insane.

There's a gun in every home in Switzerland, and it has the lowest gun crime rate in the civilized world. I understand how people think the other way; I did too a long time ago. But when I became an adult I realized the arguement is 100% backwards.

I'm a gun control person and I don't believe that. I believe legislation would limit the amount of guns available to those who should not have them, particularly assault weapons. Significantly? I think so.

But you think the more guns we have the safer we'd be. You and I aren't going to get together on this one.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's a gun in every home in Switzerland, and it has the lowest gun crime rate in the civilized world.

For what its worth, Switzerland has one of the most unique populations in the world. Extremely smart and disciplined country, with a tradition of compulsory military service going back centuries and a national identity revolving around the ability to defend itself. I don't think you can translate anything happening there to America.

England is the closest mindset to Americans, and they do have gun laws that work and make it very hard for criminals to get them. Australia is a much better precedent when you're talking about what might or might not work here, and their gun restrictions have been highly successful.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge gun rights guy. I only own two, but they are unloaded with a trigger lock on both and I don't have kids... Yet. (may 21st that changes) i understand where people come from when they want to ban guns. Nobody likes to hear about children getting killed. The the proof is in the pudding. Criminals don't follow laws otherwise, they wouldnt be criminals. Also, do you know the amount of mass shootings that have been stopped from law abidding concealed carry owners? Google it. If I am ever in that situation, I pray there are law abiding civilians carrying to help protect me, my family, and everyone else.

I'd wager it's less than 36 a day. That's how many Americans are killed by guns every day.

This latest nutjob wasn't plugged into the black market. His mother owned an assault rifle and taught him how to shoot.

Please stop with the "bad guys will still get em" routine. It's ridiculous.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. So you think criminals won't commit these crimes if there were MORE guns pumped into the general public?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lol, but it's sickening. And scary as fuck, honestly.

It's beyond lunacy. Instead of trying to make it harder for criminals to get guns, people wanna make it easier. :der:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.

You and I are on the EXACT same page here.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond lunacy. Instead of trying to make it harder for criminals to get guns, people wanna make it easier. :der:

The big one for me is "Give teachers guns." My wife is becoming a teacher next month. Her reaction was less than...

...EXCEPTING of this idea.

How do you arm a teacher and not arm her/his students? Where do you keep this gun? In a safe? How does that help in a murder rampage?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Nobody's "pumping" guns into society, but what you're saying is exactly right. People commit fewer gun crimes where people are known to possess guns.

Let me give you an example. My step-dad was friends with a guy who lived in a 4-plex in a really bad neighborhood. Every morning he would walk to his car carrying a shotgun. He'd put it in the trunk of his car & go to work (this was all perfectly legal). He then came home, took the shotgun out of his trunk and walked inside. He did this on purpose so people would see him. Nobody ever bothered him, and the other three units of the 4-plex were all robbed. They didn't touch his place.

As weird as this seems, even criminals don't like the possibility of being shot. And EVERYWHERE in the world guns regulations are stffened, gun-crime goes up. And vice-versa. Austrailia is a perfect example of this. Home invasion in Switzerland and Isreal are almost non-existent.

In a country as big as the U.S., it's impossible to have cops everywhere. I want as many responsible people I know to be known for the fact that they own guns. That way, people won't bother them.