• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 49ers Free Agency

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have all been pre-occupied with the Beltran trade, but there is another team most of us love that is having a big week as well...

from what little I have heard...

The 49ers have lost Spikes and Baas. I have not heard of anyone they have gained yet.

Are there other moves? What are your thoughts on these losses so far? I like the Niners, but do not follow them NEARLY enough to be able to analyze these moves...

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith was re-signed

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Niners have no Center? Is that correct?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners are going after cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, which would be awesome because if he signs, the Niners would likely cut Nate Clements - the Niners version of Barry Zito.

Also, Frank Gore is pissed that he's underpaid and will hold out of camp until he gets a new contract.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are going after cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, which would be awesome because if he signs, the Niners would likely cut Nate Clements - the Niners version of Barry Zito.

Also, Frank Gore is pissed that he's underpaid and will hold out of camp until he gets a new contract.

SHIT!!!

If we lose Gore, who are we going to have to keep the IR bench warm?

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well he's also had a long list of surgeries and wants security

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care so much about losing Spikes because of his age. Great production from a guy his age, but it's time the team moves on - just a chance now for Navarro Bowman to win the starting MLB role along with Willis in that 3 - 4 system.

As for Baas, that flat out sucks. Now the Niners are going to need to find someone real hard to get that center position. The O Line IMHO is still a weakness for this organization with Iupati and Staley (kinda) as the only stalworths.

Signing my boy Nnamdi (UCB in the house!) would be sweet, but at what cost? He's not coming cheap so either the Niners cut Clements or he takes a mad pay cut. With Goldson possibly leaving, Clements would be the obvious choice to get that Safety spot unless the oft injured Reggie Smith takes his place. The secondary is arguably the weakest position on the team (outside of OL) so I don't expect the Niners to rectify this problem unless Nnamdi signs and the niners get safety help.

P.S. I normally post Niner talk on the ESPN Niners forum with guys such as Bingo, Clyde, Mac, etc so you guys will find me there.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he's also had a long list of surgeries and wants security

Even moreso to not entertain his demands. Guy's had ACL tears since his days in Miami and at his age, his production will start to tail off sooner rather than later.

The Niners best pick in the draft was the 4th round kid from OKST. The kid they drafted last year from Miss is a beast so Gore can hold out as much as the F*)# he wants.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't care so much about losing Spikes because of his age. Great production from a guy his age, but it's time the team moves on - just a chance now for Navarro Bowman to win the starting MLB role along with Willis in that 3 - 4 system.

As for Baas, that flat out sucks. Now the Niners are going to need to find someone real hard to get that center position. The O Line IMHO is still a weakness for this organization with Iupati and Staley (kinda) as the only stalworths.

Signing my boy Nnamdi (UCB in the house!) would be sweet, but at what cost? He's not coming cheap so either the Niners cut Clements or he takes a mad pay cut. With Goldson possibly leaving, Clements would be the obvious choice to get that Safety spot unless the oft injured Reggie Smith takes his place. The secondary is arguably the weakest position on the team (outside of OL) so I don't expect the Niners to rectify this problem unless Nnamdi signs and the niners get safety help.

P.S. I normally post Niner talk on the ESPN Niners forum with guys such as Bingo, Clyde, Mac, etc so you guys will find me there.

You forgot to mention Nolan.

p.s. good info, thanks.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention Nolan.

p.s. good info, thanks.

No worries. I also forgot to mention Singletary. If physical is played with an "F", I guess that denotes failure?