• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having hte Olympics in what amounts to the 3rd world was just such a freaking bad idea.

These games could have been in Chicago. What a freaking embarrassment.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having hte Olympics in what amounts to the 3rd world was just such a freaking bad idea.

These games could have been in Chicago. What a freaking embarrassment.

I'm honestly surprised nobody's been killed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many chefs in the kitchen is why GS will fail this year. Also Klay shooting 30% in the Olympics isn't helping USA.

His shooting percentage in the Olympics is meaningless.

Many of the NBA players have made comments about the International basketball being a little slick. Whether it is slick or not, getting used to a different ball can really impact a shooter. Think about it. A guy takes 1,500 shots a day using a very specific ball type, then he is expected to quickly adjust to one that has a different feel?

Some players can adjust quickly, but others struggle. Either way, Klay's shooting percentage in the Olympics is in no way predictive of his future NBA percentages.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting percentage in the Olympics is meaningless.

Many of the NBA players have made comments about the International basketball being a little slick. Whether it is slick or not, getting used to a different ball can really impact a shooter. Think about it. A guy takes 1,500 shots a day using a very specific ball type, then he is expected to quickly adjust to one that has a different feel?

Some players can adjust quickly, but others struggle. Either way, Klay's shooting percentage in the Olympics is in no way predictive of his future NBA percentages.

Yep it was a dumb comment which I ignored. Even dumber than his 4 chefs in the kitchen comment when its pretty obvious there's only 2 chefs as Klay and Dray role in the offense won't change and neither were a chef before

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, The Olympics have gone off pretty well or better than I expected they would.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it was a dumb comment which I ignored. Even dumber than his 4 chefs in the kitchen comment when its pretty obvious there's only 2 chefs as Klay and Dray role in the offense won't change and neither were a chef before
you realize draymond was having mental breakdwons last year from not getting the ball at times right? threatened to fight Kerr.

Im not saying its not gonna work- im saying that your comment about the "4 chefs in the kitchen" - calling it stupid- is fucking beyond stupid and ignores the relevant facts and the whole entire history of the nba-

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter. If they were so concerned about putting the best game on, USA would play at 1 PM every day

Regardless, the game is on. If you want to see it, take the afternoon off or DVR it. Watch it on your phone.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you realize draymond was having mental breakdwons last year from not getting the ball at times right? threatened to fight Kerr.

Im not saying its not gonna work- im saying that your comment about the "4 chefs in the kitchen" - calling it stupid- is fucking beyond stupid and ignores the relevant facts and the whole entire history of the nba-

This is inaccurate. Draymond was upset that the coach was telling him to pass up shots he was taking with freedom earlier in the season under Luke and it was messing with his flow. He got caught up in which shots he was allowed to take and which ones he shouldn't, which is why the outburst occurred. It wasn't for lack of getting the ball, or even lack of shot attempts. It was the lack of freedom to make the decision to shoot.

Kerr wanted Draymond to use the 3 point shot as a last resort and not a 1st or even 2nd option. That's where the issue came. Draymond doesn't have any issue with passing, but his issue was if he was open (and shooting 40% from 3 at the time), why shouldn't he take that shot. It was a reasonable argument, but Kerr said that Draymonds ability to drive and dish is superior than taking that quick 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is inaccurate. Draymond was upset that the coach was telling him to pass up shots he was taking with freedom earlier in the season under Luke and it was messing with his flow. He got caught up in which shots he was allowed to take and which ones he shouldn't, which is why the outburst occurred. It wasn't for lack of getting the ball, or even lack of shot attempts. It was the lack of freedom to make the decision to shoot.

Kerr wanted Draymond to use the 3 point shot as a last resort and not a 1st or even 2nd option. That's where the issue came. Draymond doesn't have any issue with passing, but his issue was if he was open (and shooting 40% from 3 at the time), why shouldn't he take that shot. It was a reasonable argument, but Kerr said that Draymonds ability to drive and dish is superior than taking that quick 3.
Green had to be restrained from Kerr during tiff

During the Thunder and Warriors’ epic overtime game in late February, ESPN reported that Draymond Green unleashed a profanity-laced tirade in the locker room during halftime.

Green apologized for what happened shortly after, but thanks to Lee Jenkins’ profile of Green in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, more details have been revealed about what happened during Green’s rant.

It turns out Green was having a heated back and forth with coach Steve Kerr.

Sometimes Kerr is the object of his ire, as occurred at Oklahoma City in February, when the coach singled out Green during a halftime film session. They had to be restrained from each other in the locker room. As the Warriors took the floor for the second half, trailing by 11, Walton begged Green to apologize, for fear Kerr would bench him. “I’ll do that later,” Green said. “This whole team is about to follow my passion, my anger.”

he indications that I’ve gotten from other players is that it was Draymond Green. He was yelling and screaming “I am not a robot, I know I can play. You have me messed up right now. If you don’t want me to shoot, I won’t shoot the rest of the game.” At one point, people were trying to get him to sit down, from what I could hear, and he was daring people, threatening people, “come sit me down.” It then got very quiet, guys came out of the locker room.

this is the incident correct sushi?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its stuff like that where i find it ridiculous for people to speak in absolutes like they KNOW what is going to happen.

We have no freaking clue either way.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green had to be restrained from Kerr during tiff

During the Thunder and Warriors’ epic overtime game in late February, ESPN reported that Draymond Green unleashed a profanity-laced tirade in the locker room during halftime.

Green apologized for what happened shortly after, but thanks to Lee Jenkins’ profile of Green in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, more details have been revealed about what happened during Green’s rant.

It turns out Green was having a heated back and forth with coach Steve Kerr.

Sometimes Kerr is the object of his ire, as occurred at Oklahoma City in February, when the coach singled out Green during a halftime film session. They had to be restrained from each other in the locker room. As the Warriors took the floor for the second half, trailing by 11, Walton begged Green to apologize, for fear Kerr would bench him. “I’ll do that later,” Green said. “This whole team is about to follow my passion, my anger.”

he indications that I’ve gotten from other players is that it was Draymond Green. He was yelling and screaming “I am not a robot, I know I can play. You have me messed up right now. If you don’t want me to shoot, I won’t shoot the rest of the game.” At one point, people were trying to get him to sit down, from what I could hear, and he was daring people, threatening people, “come sit me down.” It then got very quiet, guys came out of the locker room.

this is the incident correct sushi?

Yes this is absolutely true. Look it's obvious you follow the Cavs more than the Warriors correct? As such you would probably know better about the smaller situations than the average fan, right? Well I follow the Warriors, almost religiously to a fault, and can without a doubt tell you that the take I provided was correct.

If you take context look at what he was quoted as saying. "I'm not a robot", "if you don't want me to shoot, I won't shoot". "You got me messed up".

All it would take for you to do is a simple fact check of the amount of 3 point attempts and his percentage when he was playing under Walton and his 3 point attempts and his percentage when Kerr returned. Both figures were down upon Kerr's return, because Kerr emphasizes ball movement. Steph and Klay have the ultimate green light because of who they are, but Kerr has always valued Draymond as a play maker. He's said so on multiple occasions.

If you look at the timing of that OKC game, Draymond was slumping HORRIBLY from 3 at that time. Kerr yelled at him at halftime for taking a few quick 3's and all hell broke loose. It's understandable under this context.

You saying I can't speak for the athlete with ALL certainty is correct. But simple fact finding, and research would have easily lead you to this conclusion if you were not simply trying to prove your own theory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is absolutely true. Look it's obvious you follow the Cavs more than the Warriors correct? As such you would probably know better about the smaller situations than the average fan, right? Well I follow the Warriors, almost religiously to a fault, and can without a doubt tell you that the take I provided was correct.

If you take context look at what he was quoted as saying. "I'm not a robot", "if you don't want me to shoot, I won't shoot". "You got me messed up".

All it would take for you to do is a simple fact check of the amount of 3 point attempts and his percentage when he was playing under Walton and his 3 point attempts and his percentage when Kerr returned. Both figures were down upon Kerr's return, because Kerr emphasizes ball movement. Steph and Klay have the ultimate green light because of who they are, but Kerr has always valued Draymond as a play maker. He's said so on multiple occasions.

If you look at the timing of that OKC game, Draymond was slumping HORRIBLY from 3 at that time. Kerr yelled at him at halftime for taking a few quick 3's and all hell broke loose. It's understandable under this context.

You saying I can't speak for the athlete with ALL certainty is correct. But simple fact finding, and research would have easily lead you to this conclusion if you were not simply trying to prove your own theory.
wait so fact finding and research would lead me to the conclusion that the Warriors should have no problem divvying up shots?

my whole contention is that NO amount of research or fact finding could POSSIBLY tell you without fault whether there will be issues or not.

As i said in the above post- i have no clue- i have never seen a situation where 2 of the top 3-4 (at worst) scorers in the league are added together- with 2 more double digit shot takers also on the team. You can guess- i can guess- but there is absolutely ZERO way you can say definitively either way at this point- no one can until the ball is tipped off and we see whath appens.

my GUESS- is that if anyone will cause any issues it would be Draymond based on his past history- along with the fact that I think Durant could/should continue to play more of the 4. Now Draymond can move to the 5- but i dont think yo uwant Draymond green palying them majority of his minutes at the 5 over the course of a season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait so fact finding and research would lead me to the conclusion that the Warriors should have no problem divvying up shots?

my whole contention is that NO amount of research or fact finding could POSSIBLY tell you without fault whether there will be issues or not.

As i said in the above post- i have no clue- i have never seen a situation where 2 of the top 3-4 (at worst) scorers in the league are added together- with 2 more double digit shot takers also on the team. You can guess- i can guess- but there is absolutely ZERO way you can say definitively either way at this point- no one can until the ball is tipped off and we see whath appens.

my GUESS- is that if anyone will cause any issues it would be Draymond based on his past history- along with the fact that I think Durant could/should continue to play more of the 4. Now Draymond can move to the 5- but i dont think yo uwant Draymond green palying them majority of his minutes at the 5 over the course of a season.

There you go again, disregarding everything I said. How does me articulating the circumstances of an argument between Draymond and Kerr into saying the Warriors will have no problem divvying up shots? How on earth did you draw that conclusion from what I said?

If your argument is you think Draymond will cause problems, that's fine. But it's not because he wants to shoot more. You said that Draymond was a headcase for not getting the ball, and I told you that wasn't the case, it was shot selection that was the issue.

I have never said the Warriors won't have any problem divvying up shots. I said that if there was a group of players to make it work, it would be this squad. You said there's too many chefs in the kitchen. I pointed out that Draymond and Klay don't need to change their roles. I never said sacrifices of shots wouldn't be needed from everyone on board, but I did say that Klay isn't a primary ball handler and the vast majority of his shots come off of off ball movement, not with it in his hands. Draymond has always operated as a secondary ball handler in the P&R and driving to the hoop, which he will still continue to do.

Lastly on your point about Durant, the Warriors will employ him at the 4, but not for large stretches during the regular season. At this point, after the record last year, the Warriors have no motivation to win games other than to secure HCA. If you think Kerr is going to run Durant out there for large minutes at the 4 during the regular season, and be subject to the punishment of 4's, you basically would conclude Kerr is a moron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, disregarding everything I said. How does me articulating the circumstances of an argument between Draymond and Kerr into saying the Warriors will have no problem divvying up shots? How on earth did you draw that conclusion from what I said?

If your argument is you think Draymond will cause problems, that's fine. But it's not because he wants to shoot more. You said that Draymond was a headcase for not getting the ball, and I told you that wasn't the case, it was shot selection that was the issue.

I have never said the Warriors won't have any problem divvying up shots. I said that if there was a group of players to make it work, it would be this squad. You said there's too many chefs in the kitchen. I pointed out that Draymond and Klay don't need to change their roles. I never said sacrifices of shots wouldn't be needed from everyone on board, but I did say that Klay isn't a primary ball handler and the vast majority of his shots come off of off ball movement, not with it in his hands. Draymond has always operated as a secondary ball handler in the P&R and driving to the hoop, which he will still continue to do.

Lastly on your point about Durant, the Warriors will employ him at the 4, but not for large stretches during the regular season. At this point, after the record last year, the Warriors have no motivation to win games other than to secure HCA. If you think Kerr is going to run Durant out there for large minutes at the 4 during the regular season, and be subject to the punishment of 4's, you basically would conclude Kerr is a moron.
i think it is TOTALLY contradictory to say guys will have to sacrifice shots- but then say that they dont need to change their roles.

In all the other circumstances in the league- whether it be LeBron in Miami- the Lakerse with Nash/Howard/Kobe etc., the Cavs with LeBron- their has been an adjustment period and the teams either partially or TOTALLY failed to meet the hype and expectations that immediately surrounded the moves.

I think it is crazy to think you can add a guy like Durant who is mostly an iso scorer who has historically gotten almost or more than 20 shots per game and say that guys roles wont be changed at all. That is totally unrealistic.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it is TOTALLY contradictory to say guys will have to sacrifice shots- but then say that they dont need to change their roles.

You would think so, if you didn't understand the dynamic of roles within a team.

Klay's role is to be a shooter coming off screens. Does that change? No. Does he get the ball 9 out of 10 times when he's open right now? Yes. Will he get 9/10 with Durant? No. He may get 7/10 now. Still his role does not change. He's doing the same exact thing, with 1 or 2 less opportunities to shoot.

Draymond's role is to be in the pick and roll and be a secondary ball handler. Does his role change with Durant? No. He'll still be used in the pick and roll. Will Draymond shoot the 3 ball nearly as often with the addition of Durant? No. But he'll still be asked to drive the ball to the hoop and dish to the open shooters, as he did last year. Same role, maybe a shot or two less from outside.

See how that works.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think so, if you didn't understand the dynamic of roles within a team.

Klay's role is to be a shooter coming off screens. Does that change? No. Does he get the ball 9 out of 10 times when he's open right now? Yes. Will he get 9/10 with Durant? No. He may get 7/10 now. Still his role does not change. He's doing the same exact thing, with 1 or 2 less opportunities to shoot.

Draymond's role is to be in the pick and roll and be a secondary ball handler. Does his role change with Durant? No. He'll still be used in the pick and roll. Will Draymond shoot the 3 ball nearly as often with the addition of Durant? No. But he'll still be asked to drive the ball to the hoop and dish to the open shooters, as he did last year. Same role, maybe a shot or two less from outside.

See how that works.
i dont think you could possibly add the 2nd best scorer in the league thati s mostly iso and say that it wont effect roles.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usa's best lineup has been lowry, butler, George, kd, and cousins. these guys actually understand their roles when they are on the court together. coach k being a puss playing irving, melo, and klay so much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usa's best lineup has been lowry, butler, George, kd, and cousins. these guys actually understand their roles when they are on the court together. coach k being a puss playing irving, melo, and klay so much.

Jordan is much better for this team than Cousins, and it isn't close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you could possibly add the 2nd best scorer in the league thati s mostly iso and say that it wont effect roles.

Well, Sushi just broke it down pretty well I should say.

I agree with his take and believe Klay's role and #s will change less than anybody else. You are getting too hung up on the idea of adding Durant and failing to consider the specifics of who these players are and how they play. Is it possible that they struggle to develop chemistry? Sure, but not likely.

In other words, you should be hoping for Cleveland to somehow get better, instead of worrying about OKC failing.