• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU QB Tate Martell officially in the NCAA transfer portal

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NCAA is granting immediate eligibility to guys who can’t beat out the starting QB — they may as well remove the rule altogether
It's almost as if someone tried telling you that the NCAA wasn't going to go against a player who had racial slurs used against them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if someone tried telling you that the NCAA wasn't going to go against a player who had racial slurs used against them.

And it is almost if you believe that had anything to do with him transferring.

He couldn’t win the starting job at Georgia, so he transferred.

The NCAA may as well remove the 1 year wait rule, as everyone will come up with socially sensitive issues to use as excuses to transfer.

I’m sure Tate Martell will probably file next and say he didn’t feel comfortable being at a school who condones abuse to woman and that’s why he transferred.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA may as well remove the 1 year wait rule, as everyone will come up with socially sensitive issues to use as excuses to transfer.

I’m sure Tate Martell will probably file next and say he didn’t feel comfortable being at a school who condones abuse to woman and that’s why he transferred.
You mean like I didn’t know that the team that paid me a bunch of money to go play for them was going to get hit with sanctions for paying players?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like I didn’t know that the team that paid me a bunch of money to go play for them was going to get hit with sanctions for paying players?

I must have missed where Patterson was paid money? Post the link so I can read about it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed where Patterson was paid money? Post the link so I can read about it.
Yes they paid everyone on the team except the number one quarterback in the country who grew up a Michigan fan, lived an hour from UM, and had an offer to go to UM.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they paid everyone on the team except the number one quarterback in the country who grew up a Michigan fan, lived an hour from UM, and had an offer to go to UM.

UM didn’t offer Patterson a scholarship out of high school.

And again, post that link for me on Patterson getting paid, I’d love to read it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only problem with your rationale is there actually was a race issue at UGA, so it's pretty cut and dry for the NCAA when figuring out the different between the two situations.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem with your rationale is there actually was a race issue at UGA, so it's pretty cut and dry for the NCAA when figuring out the different between the two situations.

Yes — it is so bad at Georgia, his sister still goes to school there. :L

And Tate Martell could use that as his excuse as it’d hold as much water as Fields excuse. Reality for both is still the same — they wanted to transfer because they could win the starting job at the school they were at.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes — it is so bad at Georgia, his sister still goes to school there. :L

And Tate Martell could use that as his excuse as it’d hold as much water as Fields excuse. Reality for both is still the same — they wanted to transfer because they could win the starting job at the school they were at.
Except it wouldn't, because only Fields' incident actually happened.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes — Zach Smith was fired without cause and Urban Meyer was given a month vacation and then ‘retired’.
Smith was fired for a variety of reasons. With all of the evidence that came out, you're simply trolling if you think it was simply a matter of him being abusive and his wife was just an innocent victim. Meyer's suspension was because of the political climate - if it was 2008, he doesn't sit out a single day. LOL at your conspiracy theories. Looks like you and MnB have both been broken.