• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osu game cancelled

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF, IU with Penix/TAM without, other 2 crapshoots and think they split. I'd say UGA and Wisky.

Guessing you pick all SEC teams because you loved how great they looked beating each other? Probably were sure auburn would beat Minnesota in their bowl last season?

3 of 4. I go with Wisconsin over Auburn. Iowa/UGA is a toss up but i keab towards UGA

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 fucking games...

Regardless, Florida still has to beat LSU. Its not automatic.
They would have 6 wins. Couldn't you see them saying not their fault they didn't get their shot against MD and UM? I mean, is their resume so much stronger if they add wins vs. Ill, MD and even UM to be 9-0?

And, yes, I guess they could justify leaving them out, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely. Florida would have wins over Bama and UGA. The 1 L being a 3 point defeat to another top 10 team.

Bama is Bama

Clemson makes up for their one defeat.

Notre Dame would have wins over Clemson and Carolina.

I get you want your team in but lets not act like the committee going with Florida and Clemson over tOSU would be so shocking to anyone....good news for you is i highly doubt Florida beats Bama
and I get you want my team out but let's not pretend beating UNC means any more than beating NW and IU. Would it be shocking if they left OSU out? as a rational, objective fan I say that could also be justified.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I get you want my team out but let's not pretend beating UNC means any more than beating NW and IU. Would it be shocking if they left OSU out? as a rational, objective fan I say that could also be justified.

So the clemson win would mean nothing? Got it lmao

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of 4. I go with Wisconsin over Auburn. Iowa/UGA is a toss up but i keab towards UGA
so even you think it could very easily be a slit yet SEC is so dominant to you? did you think Minnesota would beat Auburn in their bowl last year?

Not sure what UGA has done that impresses you. Played a bunch of alsorans and were 1-2 against teams with a pulse. see if you can reply to that without mentioning what another school did or did not do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the clemson win would mean nothing? Got it lmao
Nope...the Clemson win matters a lot. I was only talking about UNC. stay focused.

But in your scenario they would also have lost to Clemson, and have no other wins vs anyone with a pulse other than UNC. OSU has a top 10 win on their resume in your scenario and no losses. with another win vs. a solid NW team.

lyao all you want.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so even you think it could very easily be a slit yet SEC is so dominant to you? did you think Minnesota would beat Auburn in their bowl last year?

Not sure what UGA has done that impresses you. Played a bunch of alsorans and were 1-2 against teams with a pulse. see if you can reply to that without mentioning what another school did or did not do.

I don't care about the sec or big enough to remember if i cared about a meaningless exhibition game between two good teams

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that michigan would be that petty, but they should have a major outbreak to screw osu out of a cg
tenor.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the sec or big enough to remember if i cared about a meaningless exhibition game between two good teams
I know enough to know the answer despite your deflection.

And what about UGA? Without mentioning what another school has done in their games what has impressed you so much about them? Played 3 teams with a pulse and beat 1....and not even sure Auburn has a pulse as they are only 5-4 with wins over alsorans and a loss to S. Carolina.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 fucking games...

Regardless, Florida still has to beat LSU. Its not automatic.
So what? they've passed the eye test.

What happened wasn't OSU's fault.

For the record I think the big 10 commissioner should be taken out back and beaten, he's a complete arrogant moron who thought everyone would follow his lead. The ACC and SEC got it right.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? they've passed the eye test.

What happened wasn't OSU's fault.

For the record I think the big 10 commissioner should be taken out back and beaten, he's a complete arrogant moron who thought everyone would follow his lead. The ACC and SEC got it right.
I know it isn't their fault.

OSU playing a half season also isn't the fault of the full season 1 loss teams. Some lost because of COVID infected players being out...

Set up the rules. Then follow them.

And I'm no fan of the eye test.

So many times teams slip to, what is considered, a lesser opponent. Florida has such an experience practically every season. One can't just give a team a pass because of the eye test.

It sucks for OSU if it happens, but I think things will play out well for them. Season isn't over yet. Maybe the Gators lose to LSU, or some other team slips again. And the Gators are 14 point dogs to Alabama.

I wouldn't worry about a thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't their fault.

OSU playing a half season also isn't the fault of the full season 1 loss teams. Some lost because of COVID infected players being out...

Set up the rules. Then follow them.

And I'm no fan of the eye test.

So many times teams slip to, what is considered, a lesser opponent. Florida has such an experience practically every season. One can't just give a team a pass because of the eye test.

It sucks for OSU if it happens, but I think things will play out well for them. Season isn't over yet. Maybe the Gators lose to LSU, or some other team slips again. And the Gators are 14 point dogs to Alabama.

I wouldn't worry about a thing.
If OSU and Indiana were both 5-0 and never played I'd agree with you and suspect no changes would be made. But the simple fact that even with the rules they made OSU could lose to UM and be in the CCG kind of makes it an easy call. could even see not letting them in if they were the team who couldn't play this weekend.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia cancelled the gane with OU this weekend. Lincoln Riley has challenged Ohio State. Come on buckeyes, sack up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia cancelled the gane with OU this weekend. Lincoln Riley has challenged Ohio State. Come on buckeyes, sack up.

Ohio State has the final say on who they could possibly play? Thought the conference made that decision.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has the final say on who they could possibly play? Thought the conference made that decision.
Well the conference has certainly bent the rules already right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the conference has certainly bent the rules already right?

Did you forget what you said in comment # 134? Saying Ohio State needs to "sack up" and play Oklahoma. Funny you wanna blame Ohio State for something they have no control over.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget what you said in comment # 134? Saying Ohio State needs to "sack up" and play Oklahoma. Funny you wanna blame Ohio State for something they have no control over.
I’m not blaming anyone, just pointing out they have been challenged.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU and Indiana were both 5-0 and never played I'd agree with you and suspect no changes would be made. But the simple fact that even with the rules they made OSU could lose to UM and be in the CCG kind of makes it an easy call. could even see not letting them in if they were the team who couldn't play this weekend.
Exactly.

The biggest pooch screwing here was the B1G ever pulling the “at least 6 games” rule that failed to anticipate such a scenario as that above. At least they are smart enough to recognize an asinine rule for what it is and rectify it. And it isn’t like it’s a rule dating back to the glory days of Woody and Bo. It barely predates the election.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not blaming anyone, just pointing out they have been challenged.

First you say they need to "sack up" and now you're trying to say you're not blaming anyone. You clearly are putting this on Ohio State. I think if they could they would have already rescheduled and would be playing someone tomorrow. But conference rules don't allow that. And the idiots that run the conference fucked up on that one.