• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OROY

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have shit signed long term at CB. The front office loves CBs with size. They fucked themselves on this one.

Cooper was the 6th CB who didn't play ST. He had to be cut if he's not starting. Yeah it sucks he's doing well in KC but it happens.

Anyways the Niners will have Cully and Wright next year. Draft some rookies and pick up a cheap vet. They'll be fine.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give DROY to Richardson or even Reid before Alonso...

Keenan Allen should be in the discussion, but I think Deandre Hopkins has out-played him thus far.

The best offensive rooks this year have been O-linemen. D.J. Fluker & Kyle Long.

Disagree on Hopkins outplaying Allen - Allen has played one less game than Hopkins yet their stats are pretty close.

Albeit, I think it would be somewhat of a long shot for those two to win OROY, although I have to admit, I didn't think Allen would show this kind of promise this early in his career having seen practically all of his games at Cal. Same goes for DeSean - both of these guys have been better than I thought they would have been.

#GoBears

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you saying Cooper would've been a starting CB next season?

were you adamant in keeping Cooper back in August?

that's why you have free agency and the draft, to go get players you need. no team can have EVERY spot covered year to year.

Which is exactly what they did. Drafted a CB with their size criteria then tried to slip him on the practice squad. Him starting this year or not isn't a part of my thought process. Keeping a sack of shit like Aso over a CB that is locked up for pennies that fits your criteria and fills a huge need going to next year is moronic. Fangio did nothing but hedge on Aso's ability before the season started. They still tried to give him a shot and he is clearly done. Zero tackling ability is a poor fit for our D.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give DROY to Richardson or even Reid before Alonso...

Keenan Allen should be in the discussion, but I think Deandre Hopkins has out-played him thus far.

The best offensive rooks this year have been O-linemen. D.J. Fluker & Kyle Long.

I would also add Travis Frederick in that mix.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which is exactly what they did. Drafted a CB with their size criteria then tried to slip him on the practice squad. Him starting this year or not isn't a part of my thought process. Keeping a sack of shit like Aso over a CB that is locked up for pennies that fits your criteria and fills a huge need going to next year is moronic. Fangio did nothing but hedge on Aso's ability before the season started. They still tried to give him a shot and he is clearly done. Zero tackling ability is a poor fit for our D.

so now its not about Cooper, but keeping Aso? sorry, just don't get where you're going...............not trying to argue.

for me, find it hard to believe the Coaches knew....KNEW....Cooper was going to play well, and he was better than Aso? the Coaches had to make tough decisions for the 53, so not surprised they kept Aso (proven starter/depth) over a 7th round rookie (for just depth)......and tried to slip him to the P.S..

all teams, every year, try to slip players to the P.S.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now its not about Cooper, but keeping Aso? sorry, just don't get where you're going...............not trying to argue.

for me, find it hard to believe the Coaches knew....KNEW....Cooper was going to play well, and he was better than Aso? the Coaches had to make tough decisions for the 53, so not surprised they kept Aso (proven starter/depth) over a 7th round rookie (for just depth)......and tried to slip him to the P.S..

It is about filling holes before you are completely hosed like we will be in the off-season. Not keeping Cooper and instead opting to keep a washed up vet and a handful of other players that are cuttable and don't fill a soon to be gaping hole isn't smart IMO. It is shortsighted. We had a chance to have a CB young and under contract with great size and a season of playbook knowledge under his belt going into next season. Baalke already had a vet in waiting in Wright why keep Aso the guy was clearly done 3 years ago. I just don't understand it at all. They thought cutting back on Cooper's pres-season snaps towards the end would keep his talent off the radar, wrong. It was a stupid gamble that had me worried on cutdown day.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well this doesn't seem fair. You ask who Ray would have cut to keep Cooper, and when he answers - with justifications - you say it's about Aso now?

Of course he's talking about Aso. You asked who he would have cut to keep Cooper, and Aso was the answer.

Randy Moss is a proven starter/depth. Would you have kept him over Quinton Patton? We have a laundry list of proven starter/depth WRs from the last 10 years (Johnie Morton, Curtis Conway, Isaac Bruce, Darrell Jackson. . . ) Should we have kept all of those guys over younger guys?