• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orlando Fans

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Magic fans think of the Ibaka trade?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a magic fan but I live in Orlando so I have friends that are fans and they HATE how this team is being managed. I personally think that the magic needed a guy at the 4 position and Ibaka wasnt a bad pick up. I think it was dumb to include Sabonis in the trade I am a Gonzaga fan and that guy is a tough ball player.

All in all everybody is just sick of the magic and their high draft picks not panning out. Victor Oladipo was a bust, Elfrid payton cant shoot free throws, Aaron Gordon looks like a bust, and we are about to see what Mario Hezonja will do this season....probably also a bust

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a magic fan but I live in Orlando so I have friends that are fans and they HATE how this team is being managed. I personally think that the magic needed a guy at the 4 position and Ibaka wasnt a bad pick up. I think it was dumb to include Sabonis in the trade I am a Gonzaga fan and that guy is a tough ball player.

All in all everybody is just sick of the magic and their high draft picks not panning out. Victor Oladipo was a bust, Elfrid payton cant shoot free throws, Aaron Gordon looks like a bust, and we are about to see what Mario Hezonja will do this season....probably also a bust

Most Thunder fans feel that Presti really screwed Orlando. Ibaka hasn't been that good the last two seasons. He seems to have regressed and some even feel that he's older than he claims.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just need some patience. With these guys coming into the league so young, they're underdeveloped and need more time to reach their potential. Of course, you mentioned Ibaka, Sabonis, and Gordon and I think they would all be competing for minutes (part of the reason it was OK to send Sabonis in the trade). Gordon technically could play some 3, but in this day and age he seems like a fit as a PF. There's a lot of young, developing talent on the Magic, with vet depth at each position as well (depending on Meeks' health at SG):

PG: Payton, Augustin, Watson
SG: Fournier, Meeks (if he can get healthy), Wilcox
SF: Green, Hezonja
PF: Ibaka, Gordon
C: Vucevic, Biyombo, Zimmerman

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Thunder fans feel that Presti really screwed Orlando. Ibaka hasn't been that good the last two seasons. He seems to have regressed and some even feel that he's older than he claims.

well you guys feel that way because you gave up a player that you didnt need or want and gained a young pretty good SG in Oladipo and a Raw 1st round prospect I would say that you guys gained more in the trade. However just by looking I could be wrong it seems you guys wanted to give adams and kanter more minutes which left ibaka to play the 3 and shoot corner 3 point shots that he isnt really known for

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you guys feel that way because you gave up a player that you didnt need or want and gained a young pretty good SG in Oladipo and a Raw 1st round prospect I would say that you guys gained more in the trade. However just by looking I could be wrong it seems you guys wanted to give adams and kanter more minutes which left ibaka to play the 3 and shoot corner 3 point shots that he isnt really known for

Kanter will be traded. Hopefully Sabonis will end up the starting 4 and we will need to bring in a starting 3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Olidipo meshes well with Westbrook, it is a clear win for the Thunder.

.....unless they have to give Victor max money, which he seems to think he's entitled to.

I hope the Thunder thrive this Season and if Blake leaves, I would love to see him go to OKC.

But, if Sabonis plays well, they might not need him.

I have no idea what Hennigan is doing in ORlando.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just need some patience. With these guys coming into the league so young, they're underdeveloped and need more time to reach their potential. Of course, you mentioned Ibaka, Sabonis, and Gordon and I think they would all be competing for minutes (part of the reason it was OK to send Sabonis in the trade). Gordon technically could play some 3, but in this day and age he seems like a fit as a PF. There's a lot of young, developing talent on the Magic, with vet depth at each position as well (depending on Meeks' health at SG):

Sounds like They are gonna start Gordon at the 3.

The projected lineup of Elfrid Payton, Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon, Serge Ibakaand Nikola Vucevic is intriguing if not still a little bit flawed. No one is quite sure what to make of it. And considering starters, no matter how deep a team is play the majority of minutes, this becomes an important issue.

That is one possible explanation why CBS Sports ranks the Magic’s starting lineup 25th in the league.

Frank Vogel says he’ll use Gordon like he used Paul George, and this seems risky. If it works (and Payton’s jump shot improves), then this ranking could be far too low. If it doesn’t, then the front office might need to make a move or two to balance the roster. Could Vucevic’s days in Orlando be numbered?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Olidipo meshes well with Westbrook, it is a clear win for the Thunder.

.....unless they have to give Victor max money, which he seems to think he's entitled to.

I hope the Thunder thrive this Season and if Blake leaves, I would love to see him go to OKC.

But, if Sabonis plays well, they might not need him.

I have no idea what Hennigan is doing in ORlando.

I don't think Sabonis is remotely as talented as Blake (and I'm not a Blake fan). Sabonis will be a grinder, but might be best in a reserve role (or as a guy that doesn't need touches with better players around him).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like They are gonna start Gordon at the 3.

The projected lineup of Elfrid Payton, Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon, Serge Ibakaand Nikola Vucevic is intriguing if not still a little bit flawed. No one is quite sure what to make of it. And considering starters, no matter how deep a team is play the majority of minutes, this becomes an important issue.

That is one possible explanation why CBS Sports ranks the Magic’s starting lineup 25th in the league.

Frank Vogel says he’ll use Gordon like he used Paul George, and this seems risky. If it works (and Payton’s jump shot improves), then this ranking could be far too low. If it doesn’t, then the front office might need to make a move or two to balance the roster. Could Vucevic’s days in Orlando be numbered?

I can't see that working. With Hezonja and Green in tow, they are much better options (and fits) at the 3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see that working. With Hezonja and Green in tow, they are much better options (and fits) at the 3.

Yep.

I see this lineup working out as well as the Monroe/Josh Smith/Drummond debacle.

They need to have another shooter on the floor and I don't think Ibaka qualifies.

I really like Hezonja.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sabonis is remotely as talented as Blake (and I'm not a Blake fan). Sabonis will be a grinder, but might be best in a reserve role (or as a guy that doesn't need touches with better players around him).

Where did I imply that he was as talented as Blake?

I don't think Sabonis is gonna be the starter, It will probably be Kanter.

If Sabonis plays well, they won't need to chase Blake and can spend money elsewhere...like on a better sf.

They are trying to extend Adams now, have to extend Olidipo soon, are paying Kanter starting money and just maxed Westbrook.

So, why spend 30mil on a guy that's not at a position of need when you have other spots in desperate need of an upgrade?

He's from the area and is an upgrade. But, they won't need him if the guys already on the roster play well.

Gordon Hayward would be great on this Team.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just dont see that it factor with him. In college Gordon kinda played like a big man but in the NBA he is kinda undersized to be a PF and he really isnt all that good as a shooter to be a SF thats just my personal opinion. Elfred at best seems to be a Rajon Rondo. I just dont think this team can win together. but your right they are still very young

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well which is it, is Oladipo a bust or a young pretty good SG? Both quotes from you in this thread.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I despise Magic fans. Living there from 2008-2014 I got a lot of crap from Magic fans the first couple of years when they were contenders. After Lebron came to the Heat....I didn't hear one word from them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well which is it, is Oladipo a bust or a young pretty good SG? Both quotes from you in this thread.

In my opinion a pretty good player is someone who is a good basketball player probably wont make any all star selections, might change a few teams through trades or free agency but isnt necessarily bad. To me Bradley Beal is a pretty good player, I dont think he has made any all star games definitely wont be the 3rd pick of the 2012 draft might not even be top 5, he isnt someone who can be the all pro that would lead a team into the playoffs and attract quality free agents....but he is a pretty good player. Thats just my opinion maybe bust was to harsh of a label but when you drafted second overall there should be a level of expectations of changing the franchise and winning that comes with it.....granted the entire 2013 draft isnt all that great

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise Magic fans. Living there from 2008-2014 I got a lot of crap from Magic fans the first couple of years when they were contenders. After Lebron came to the Heat....I didn't hear one word from them.

yeah when they had dwight howard and started winning their fan base became SO annoying and I had to deal with that living here in Orlando. I remember when they swore up and down once they signed vince carter they would be unstoppable

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah when they had dwight howard and started winning their fan base became SO annoying and I had to deal with that living here in Orlando. I remember when they swore up and down once they signed vince carter they would be unstoppable

Yup. Sounds like we had identical experiences. Everyone felt so bad for the Magic fanbase given how Dwight handled his exodus the last two years. Meanwhile, I was gloating and was admitingly an annoying kunt during that time.