• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oregon @ Washington - 7:30 PST - ESPN2

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were way too trigger happy with the flags. It made a difference in the game for sure.

But after having a day to analyze things, the things I take away were this:

Husky defense played pretty well. We held the Ducks to way below their season scoring avg. and they did a decent job of containing the Ducks running game. Vernon Adams made the difference in that W. He made some great longball throws and extended a lot of 3rd down plays with his mobility.

Who would of been our starting RB tweaked something in warmups and ended up benched for the game. That was a big blow to our game plan.

The tale of tape was really the Ducks experienced front 7 vs. the Husky inexperienced Oline and QB. That was the game right there. They attacked us where we are most vulnerable and got it.
Before the game, I thought the difference would be whether Adams started or if Lockie started. I think if Lockie played, we would have lost.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all a good weekend for me; the Seachickens lost too!! It should be pretty quiet on the work front this week. :)

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheDayMan I disagree with the targeting needing to go away, especially the reason it was thrown in this game. The not leading with the crown is there mainly to protect the defensive player. Hits like that can compress the spine and potentially paralyze the kid.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all a good weekend for me; the Seachickens lost too!! It should be pretty quiet on the work front this week. :)
Happy the chickens lost too bad the Cards forgot to show up.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheDayMan I disagree with the targeting needing to go away, especially the reason it was thrown in this game. The not leading with the crown is there mainly to protect the defensive player. Hits like that can compress the spine and potentially paralyze the kid.
Leading with the crown was a penalty before the targeting rule was ruining the game...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I DVRd the game and don't think I care to rewatch. I don't care to make excuses, I've never been a 'refs screwed us and that's why we lost' kind of guy. I'm just sick of them seeming to consistantly have way too much impact on the game... and the targeting rule needs to go away...
The targeting call was legit. They are taught not to lower their heads into contact and that was just poor technique.

The bigger point that the overall officiating is STILL the worst in college football has to change. How can this conference be so piss poor in that area every damned year and never make any headway forward with it?

It's hard to say what difference a competent crew would have made, but this conference deserves so much better. It shouldn't be a story in literally every single game.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The targeting call was legit. They are taught not to lower their heads into contact and that was just poor technique.

The bigger point that the overall officiating is STILL the worst in college football has to change. How can this conference be so piss poor in that area every damned year and never make any headway forward with it?

It's hard to say what difference a competent crew would have made, but this conference deserves so much better. It shouldn't be a story in literally every single game.
PAC officials are drama queens. They love the camera time.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sorry.

I told you a few weeks ago I was coming hard after Fusky fans.

Promise kept.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Act like bitches I am treating you like bitches.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really think I would forget?

lolz, not a chance.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your goal was to anger anyone it looks like it failed miserably. I pity you, not hate you. I hope I never in my life find myself as angry and hateful as the deep dark place you are in right now. I'd try AA meetings. It might do you wonders.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Internet.
If your goal was to anger anyone it looks like it failed miserably. I pity you, not hate you. I hope I never in my life find myself as angry and hateful as the deep dark place you are in right now. I'd try AA meetings. It might do you wonders.

:spit: