• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oregon @ Washington - 7:30 PST - ESPN2

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. They won. Was expected. On to the next one.

It is sad though that mambabitch is allowed to say whatever he wants and retaliation of a far lesser degree will get some of us banned, and the fact that ducks and the admin just laugh at the trash he spews out.
To be fair RD basically denounced it. If any of their other fans did laugh at it I missed it.

I was kind of surprised that I saw lots of duck and husky fans talking all game long and really saw nothing negative at all. There was a duck that got kicked out for something, but it was several rows below me and over by the student section. It was the only negative thing I saw. There were fewer duck fans on our side than I remember in 2013. Having a down year limited their numbers more it seems and most of their fans were less cocky. It really was a great atmosphere.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of hate among both of our bases. We can all cross the line at times. We have our good people and you have yours. I have no issues with any duck fan that can be real in between the rivalry stuff. But there has to be lines that even drunk you never cross.

That alky daughter he brought up just hit her 2y mark sober and is back in college. Maybe he can take some time to look in the mirror and look to getting on the wagon himself. She's in a hell of a lot better place than he is.
I'll tell you what, I think all families have problems of some sort in that area. My dad was a pretty big alcoholic when I was young. There were times when he would go on drinking binges and he wouldn't come home for days at a time. It was awful. It took my mother leaving him for him to realize what he was doing and to go to rehab to get sober.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So......Who won the '13 Coins' showdown? I passed out before violence erupted.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair RD basically denounced it. If any of their other fans did laugh at it I missed it.

I was kind of surprised that I saw lots of duck and husky fans talking all game long and really saw nothing negative at all. There was a duck that got kicked out for something, but it was several rows below me and over by the student section. It was the only negative thing I saw. There were fewer duck fans on our side than I remember in 2013. Having a down year limited their numbers more it seems and most of their fans were less cocky. It really was a great atmosphere.
$200 a ticket by the time we looked kept me away this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I take back adding you to the list of human filth among your base.

It goes without saying I would never put Oly in that list either.
im just now catching up I missed that one even being posted. Thats pretty bad. when it stopped being about football i kinda sped through the posts

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just now catching up I missed that one even being posted. Thats pretty bad. when it stopped being about football i kinda sped through the posts
You normally don't even get into the normal/acceptable rivalry stuff, more or less get your hands dirty. You know I've got mad respect for you as a duck fan. Can't see anyone having any issues with you.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You normally don't even get into the normal/acceptable rivalry stuff, more or less get your hands dirty. You know I've got mad respect for you as a duck fan. Can't see anyone having any issues with you.
yeah i try to keep it to the football. the 12 in a row and 4368 days type of stuff. Im not much for personal attacks. My feelings are that if you start attacking the person you have no legit football argument.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Washington does 12 straight feel any different than 11 straight?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool, just tuned into the Seahawks game and I see they are paying honor to the Ducks streak by waving a flag.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same, all the interactions I saw were pleasant, and I enjoyed the duck fans I mingled with myself. There were some drunk assholes in green yelling shit in the bathroom, but sometimes I'm a drunk asshole who yells, so no big deal there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate that fucker!! :lol:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too soon tomention the shitty officiating without sounding like a whiny bitch? Because God damn it was terrible...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too soon tomention the shitty officiating without sounding like a whiny bitch? Because God damn it was terrible...

The refs were way too trigger happy with the flags. It made a difference in the game for sure.

But after having a day to analyze things, the things I take away were this:

Husky defense played pretty well. We held the Ducks to way below their season scoring avg. and they did a decent job of containing the Ducks running game. Vernon Adams made the difference in that W. He made some great longball throws and extended a lot of 3rd down plays with his mobility.

Who would of been our starting RB tweaked something in warmups and ended up benched for the game. That was a big blow to our game plan.

The tale of tape was really the Ducks experienced front 7 vs. the Husky inexperienced Oline and QB. That was the game right there. They attacked us where we are most vulnerable and got it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were way too trigger happy with the flags. It made a difference in the game for sure.

Husky defense played pretty well. We held the Ducks to way below their season scoring avg. and they did a decent job of containing the Ducks running game. Vernon Adams made the difference in that W. He made some great longball throws and extended a lot of 3rd down plays with his mobility.

Who would of been our starting RB tweaked something in warmups and ended up benched for the game. That was a big blow to our game plan.

The tale of tape was really the Ducks experienced front 7 vs. the Husky inexperienced Oline and QB. That was the game right there. They attacked us where we are most vulnerable and got it.
Yeah, I DVRd the game and don't think I care to rewatch. I don't care to make excuses, I've never been a 'refs screwed us and that's why we lost' kind of guy. I'm just sick of them seeming to consistantly have way too much impact on the game... and the targeting rule needs to go away...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, that match up between DeForest Buckner and Trey Adams was not pretty. He caused Adams to have multiple false starts and bowled Adams over quite a few times. That man is really tough for anyone to block, let alone a true freshman.

Vernon killed us on those third downs. Darren Carrington returning also seemed pretty big.

Congrats to Oregon on the win, your team seems be pointed back in the right direction.