• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon deciding between Kevin Sumlin and Lane Kiffin. Frost says no thanks.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon offered Frost top dollar, but he said no.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin can recruit and runs a very fast tempo offense, but has about zero west coast experience.
Kiffen is a more sober version of Sark. A dumb frat boy. He can recruit, but not sure either want Oregon.

Sumlin would probably work, but again, is he interested in now moving his family to Eugene.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin can recruit and runs a very fast tempo offense, but has about zero west coast experience.
Kiffen is a more sober version of Sark. A dumb frat boy. He can recruit, but not sure either want Oregon.

Sumlin would probably work, but again, is he interested in now moving his family to Eugene.
I guess it depends on whether his wife will get "death threats" there?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin's style just screams "I'm perfect for Oregon Ducks football" to me.

Flashy, confrontational, and willing to bend the rules.

Sounds like a match made in football heaven

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost has been a done deal to Nebraska for quite a while now. Everybody knows this.

Has anybody laughed at Tennessee today? :D

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Frost ends up in Lincoln. In a can't quit that fat chick kinda way
I do too. Surprised it hasn't already happened, which I'm guessing means it's already happened and Nebraska is just letting it play out until after the AAC conference championship game.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. Surprised it hasn't already happened, which I'm guessing means it's already happened and Nebraska is just letting it play out until after the AAC conference championship game.
Nebraska has done it all wrong too many times in the past. For ONCE we have done EVERYTHING the right way! Moos is going to get a statue (wont be big or next to the stadium) for everything he has done and how he has gone about it. Classy is an understatement. Granted the press and leaks have happened i dont think it was on Moos' end. It is an exciting time to be a Husker (who would have thought i would say that after going 4-8 and not having won a conference championship in 18 years) To top it all off the 2003 coaching search has now been surpassed by good ol' tennessee!!

Reactions: 006

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has done it all wrong too many times in the past. For ONCE we have done EVERYTHING the right way! Moos is going to get a statue (wont be big or next to the stadium) for everything he has done and how he has gone about it. Classy is an understatement. Granted the press and leaks have happened i dont think it was on Moos' end. It is an exciting time to be a Husker (who would have thought i would say that after going 4-8 and not having won a conference championship in 18 years) To top it all off the 2003 coaching search has now been surpassed by good ol' tennessee!!
Happy for you guys, been a long time coming.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for you guys, been a long time coming.
What is really sad. The winningest teams of the 90's are all coach searching right now!
FSU
NU
FL
TENN

It is time to restore the order!!!

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is really sad. The winningest teams of the 90's are all coach searching right now!
FSU
NU
FL
TENN

It is time to restore the order!!!

The 90s were an aberrational time in college football history

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

The traditionally great programs, like USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, were all going through relatively down periods.

That allowed a new set of schools, like the ones you named, to enter the national picture. But of them, only Florida State, and Florida for a while, has really kept it going once the traditional powers reemegerd

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

The traditionally great programs, like USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, were all going through relatively down periods.

That allowed a new set of schools, like the ones you named, to enter the national picture. But of them, only Florida State, and Florida for a while, has really kept it going once the traditional powers reemegerd
Your whole argument falls apart when you say Traditional power, because Nebraska is a traditional power and all time winningest teams will prove that. Try again?