• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orcas feeding the Sharks - Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoffs

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who is starting?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1e73o.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta remember Dash.. Sedin is like the strongest guy in teh league and meanest. I dont think that was a dive.. he doesnt dive only canucks do

Oh that Couture, he's so haute right now...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta remember Dash.. Sedin is like the strongest guy in teh league and meanest. I dont think that was a dive.. he doesnt dive only canucks do

couture is as clean as mud

around 6:23 is where the yard sale happened game 2 ... stay for the shits and giggles with AV at 6:52

[YOUTUBE]AJYTOg8JQ2g&feature=youtu.be&t=6m23s[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matty that it's a case of you reap what you sow. Whether you agree or not, the Canucks have built up a reputation for embellishment and the chickens are now coming home to roost. I have to say that Bieksa's gamesmenship of calling out Thornton and Couture maybe too little and much too late.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
couture is as clean as mud

around 6:23 is where the yard sale happened game 2 ... stay for the shits and giggles with AV at 6:52

[YOUTUBE]AJYTOg8JQ2g&feature=youtu.be&t=6m23s[/YOUTUBE]

My question would be why would Bieksa touch him at all there? Couture is already off balance and on one skate trying to avoid him. Any little bump was going to put him on his butt as it was.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matty that it's a case of you reap what you sow. Whether you agree or not, the Canucks have built up a reputation for embellishment and the chickens are now coming home to roost. I have to say that Bieksa's gamesmenship of calling out Thornton and Couture maybe too little and much too late.

thats bullshit awe shucks ronnie level 5 referee talk

this is not the wwe where refs should be looking for heel turns and brass knuckles ... maybe we should use robots who cant be emotionally swayed into making bogus calls (or "errors" of omission)

we need to own it i guess :noidea:

but i dont want to hear "this player has integrity and that player doesnt" or "this player is a pos and MY player isnt" because the guys in that mode all exist on all teams

you look at Burrows penalties drawn per 60 stat over the past 6 years and he (and the team) has certainly paid the price for being singled out by referees ... opposition players now know they can kick the shit out of him and not get called

btw that is coutures future right there

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question would be why would Bieksa touch him at all there? Couture is already off balance and on one skate trying to avoid him. Any little bump was going to put him on his butt as it was.

and send his arm flailing into the glass ... right ... caman man

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
//can we agree that refs don't like to be embarrassed?

then they can go work a desk job or become a mechanic like Auger

grow a sack and be a professional

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yah ok musta been his jimmy arm

You skate on one skate and have someone push you from behind when you're not expecting it and see if your arms don't flail. I find it laughable that of all things that's what's being pointed to. If anything point to his unnecessary hop into the boards, but flailing his arms when he's off balance, give me a fricken break.

Anyways, back to the origional point I was making, to that point in the game there had already been two or three penalties called for stuff that had happened after the whistle. Why would Bieksa make contact with him there knowing the refs are looking to call that stuff?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Sharks blog, posted before Game 3:

“When they score, they skate by and give it to your bench. I’d say they’re one of the only teams that does that,” Couture said.

Is that singled out against the Sharks?

“I don’t know if it’s only against us. I’m sure it’s against every other team in the league,” Couture said. “You don’t get a reputation by accident. It happens for a reason.”

I mean... if you're Vancouver and you've got that reputation around the league... that can't be good? On top of all the diving and cheapshotting stuff you're already known for...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@brodiebrazilCSN: McLellan: "if this series goes any further, we may be accused of biting"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, back to the origional point I was making, to that point in the game there had already been two or three penalties called for stuff that had happened after the whistle. Why would Bieksa make contact with him there knowing the refs are looking to call that stuff?

in game 2? i dont remember any but i was at the game and didnt have luxury of replay

youre asking like its the first time youve ever seen it done by any player ... it happens and it can go unpenalized

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Sharks blog, posted before Game 3:

I mean... if you're Vancouver and you've got that reputation around the league... that can't be good? On top of all the diving and cheapshotting stuff that everyone is already known for...

fixed that up for you. if anyone thinks their team does not cheapshot and dive then you are not really watching or understanding this league or game. you can bury your head in the sand (not you directly Rares I mean fanbases in general) but bottom line is EVERY FUCKING team in this league has players that do what the canucks do. the canucks just were more annoying at it. my team is about to spiral into shit oblivion in the next couple years and Im getting annoyed with everything but if you dont see taht your team does teh same as teh canucks which has been shown time and time and time and time and time again then well enjoy your glass house but watch for falling shards

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: