• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orcas feeding the Sharks - Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoffs

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to try to play nice and not pour it on because God knows the Sharks can still blow this but...

Terrible move to sit Luongo after how well he played the first two games. Also, coaching staff should have done some research on matchups and career records vs. SJ, etc.

There's stuff like this too:

And some pretty good faceoffs cheating by the Sharks:

Also, I still think Kesler is a piece of shit. Sorry but he just is.

I'll try to find a GIF of him trying to take a slapshot (without the puck) towards a Sharks player laying on the ice (after he was taken down by another Canuck)... I couldn't believe even he would stoop that low but I guess when you're that frustrated, everything goes... :L

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I still think Kesler is a piece of shit. Sorry but he just is.

Actually, I think the majority of Canucks fans are starting to see the light and think he is a piece of shit as well. Bieksa is catching him fast in the POS category as well.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy with Couture going down like he got sniped down like Kesler but was surprised to see Henrik lose his cool on that hit:

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

Regardless, he gets a pass because he's not a classless jackass like some other Canucks.

(And yes, I am fully aware that Raffi Torres currently wears a Sharks jersey.)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy with Couture going down like he got sniped down like Kesler but was surprised to see Henrik lose his cool on that hit:

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

I really like Couture, but that's no good. Everybody gets one, though.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the majority of Canucks fans are starting to see the light and think he is a piece of shit as well. Bieksa is catching him fast in the POS category as well.

Bieksa, I never really had much respect for to begin with, but yeah, he takes cheapshots (and always seems to get caught and end up in the penalty box... don't understand how AV doesn't just go apeshit on him and tells him to cut it out).

Kesler, though... almost never seems to get called for all the shit he pulls... and I find that absolutely amazing.. it's like it's illegal to call a penalty on the dude. I don't get it. Especially when you're known as a top 10 (5?) diver in the league and a whiny bitch to the refs on every shift you're out there.

Also, the sad part is... much like Dustin Brown, Kesler is a pretty damn great hockey player who (IMO) doesn't need to pull all those stunts out there. I don't understand why he thinks he needs to feed off "playing on the edge" to be successful or whatever -- but maybe I just don't get it because I'm not a Canucks fan and I don't watch them enough. /shrug

Anyway good night, sorry to all for the bad language and the rant.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, especially after (I think someone wrote elsewhere) he said something like "we know they dive a lot, but we'll stick to our game plan" during a 1st intermission interview.

He didn't need to try to sell that one and he'll hopefully learn that it doesn't look so good on him... being the new "face of the franchise" or whatever the nhl.com stories and the TV coverage have been trying to feed us the past few days.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so was his first one game 2 when he yard saled that "devastating hit" he took behind the net?

Couture is gonna be in "that" category soon if he already isnt

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so was his first one game 2 when he yard saled that "devastating hit" he took behind the net?

I must have missed that one - Two consecutive games with embellishment is concerning.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed that one - Two consecutive games with embellishment is concerning.

every team does it Dash you know this. Every team has a set of players that embellish. The canucks regular season "success" (and Im using that word every so loosely) and its popularity only makes it more noticeable and hateful and people in other fan bases love piling on when it all goes wrong and it has gone so so wrong. I just hope (and I really dont mean this in a bad way) that the canucks do not go the same direction as the Flames and hang on too most of these guys too long.

I would start a real rebuild this off season but Im afraid they still think a retool will fix what is wrong and have a contender again. Roy was and is a total 100% wasted draft pick and prospect. He provided less than anything Gillis has brought in. It would have been a worthwhile move had Gillis actually addressed the other glaring concerns on this team but he didnt and he couldnt so why did he make that Roy move? it wasnt even a bandaid unless he had the other deals approved and the other teams pulled back which would be more alarming as then noone wants to trade with us. fuck this season went EXACTLY as I thought it would and that just makes me sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so. He is continually getting mugged up & down the ice. If he chooses to "sell out" a few of the obvious ones, let's call it even. Juicy plays the game right. :2cents:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team does it Dash you know this. Every team has a set of players that embellish. The canucks regular season "success" (and Im using that word every so loosely) and its popularity only makes it more noticeable and hateful and people in other fan bases love piling on when it all goes wrong and it has gone so so wrong. I just hope (and I really dont mean this in a bad way) that the canucks do not go the same direction as the Flames and hang on too most of these guys too long.

I would start a real rebuild this off season but Im afraid they still think a retool will fix what is wrong and have a contender again. Roy was and is a total 100% wasted draft pick and prospect. He provided less than anything Gillis has brought in. It would have been a worthwhile move had Gillis actually addressed the other glaring concerns on this team but he didnt and he couldnt so why did he make that Roy move? it wasnt even a bandaid unless he had the other deals approved and the other teams pulled back which would be more alarming as then noone wants to trade with us. fuck this season went EXACTLY as I thought it would and that just makes me sad.

It's tough when you're "trapped" in the situation where you're a good enough team to make the playoffs, but you know you won't contend for the Cup unless everything falls into place. The Flames fooled themselves for a long time and finally realized that changes were needed. It should be an interesting off-season for the Canucks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough when you're "trapped" in the situation where you're a good enough team to make the playoffs, but you know you won't contend for the Cup unless everything falls into place. The Flames fooled themselves for a long time and finally realized that changes were needed. It should be an interesting off-season for the Canucks.

yeah no doubt. the only problem is going out so early makes it agonizing to wait for the playoffs to end and it looks like no other teams are going to bow out so easily so it will be prolonged lol. Minnesota found some life, as did the Isles to the teams there were supposed to be down 3-0 to. nice to see that.

Im enjoying that Isles/Pens series.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best pickup the Sharks made (aside from Raffi Torres) was bringing Larry Robinson on board to help coach the defense corps.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best pickup the Sharks made (aside from Raffi Torres) was bringing Larry Robinson on board to help coach the defense corps.

Ive wanted Big Bird to be a coach on this team every time he has been available.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV usually gets outcoached in the playoffs ... for his current trick he is getting outcoached by the opposition assistant coach :L

how on earth does AV not matchup the Sedin line versus Hannan/Stuart in game 1 and 2 on home ice?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as botchford says ... 8 of the 13 days that Crampy missed, he was off the ice ... didnt/couldnt even skate

so av decides to start him game 3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as botchford says ... 8 of the 13 days that Crampy missed, he was off the ice ... didnt/couldnt even skate

so av decides to start him game 3

He certainly didn't look healthy sitting on the bench after being pulled (flushed and gasping for air).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant remember if I said it but Congrats on last nights win Sharks Fans. I believe you will have your first sweep tomorrow (deservedly so) it would be tragic for the canucks to win this game and go back to lose in vancouver just so they can get one more games revenue from the fans. they dont deserve to watch that loss live anymore this season. just finish this beached orca