• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orcas feeding the Sharks - Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoffs

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I might be in the minority on this one, but I don't see anything wrong with Gmails' posting so far.

Is he being kind of a prick, perhaps, but really no different than what other people have posted on here when it comes to how they feel about other teams and players.

I think the negative reaction towards him is because he's a new poster. People tend to lash out at new posters more so than a regular poster when voicing opinions that are deemed less than desirable.

As far as i can tell, he's not making it personal, and he's still talking about Hockey.

Just my :2cents:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, he's just cocky about his own team (nothing wrong with that other than being slightly annoying) and he seems to have something against goalies not named Crawford. Half his posts are in all the other threads and consist of basically (paraphrasing) "lol.. MAF blows" and "LOLungo sucks", etc.

Nothing wrong with being a new poster (we all start somewhere) but if every post sounds like "my team are the best, yours has no chance, your goalie is garbage, bow to me now" when you read between the lines, well... you're probably a bad troll and/or 13 years old.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Schneider, Schroeder, and Tanev all on trip to SJ
Tanev still in walking boot though

also, one more game for Corrado starts the clock on his ELC.
interesting to see if they go in to asset management mode and put Ballard back in.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, he's just cocky about his own team (nothing wrong with that other than being slightly annoying) and he seems to have something against goalies not named Crawford. Half his posts are in all the other threads and consist of basically (paraphrasing) "lol.. MAF blows" and "LOLungo sucks", etc.

Nothing wrong with being a new poster (we all start somewhere) but if every post sounds like "my team are the best, yours has no chance, your goalie is garbage, bow to me now" when you read between the lines, well... you're probably a bad troll and/or 13 years old.

Like I said, I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I'm also not easily offended by what people say on the internet. I hear stupid shit about the Sabres and Bills all the time, but I can just as easily ignore it if I choose to.

He hasn't said anything that I haven't seen someone else say on here, but maybe his lack of smililes or gifs is what's missing to make people feel more at ease? I can teach him if he wants?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I'm also not easily offended by what people say on the internet. I hear stupid shit about the Sabres and Bills all the time, but I can just as easily ignore it if I choose to.

He hasn't said anything that I haven't seen someone else say on here, but maybe his lack of smililes or gifs is what's missing to make people feel more at ease? I can teach him if he wants?

Fair enough, I agree with most of that. His posts can definitely read through quickly and mostly ignored if needed, it's not that big a deal.

And no need to teach him about smilies or gifs, I don't think. Hah!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

smileys have nothing to do with it.
if a person show up and are nothing but a shitstain to multiple fanbases, then it seems that's all that they bring to the table.
you saw what the swamp was, and you know exactly the garbage that we wanted to get rid of by coming over here, and why we have an internal group of mods to keep that element from seeping in to this board.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smileys have nothing to do with it.
if a person show up and are nothing but a shitstain to multiple fanbases, then it seems that's all that they bring to the table.
you saw what the swamp was, and you know exactly the garbage that we wanted to get rid of by coming over here, and why we have an internal group of mods to keep that element from seeping in to this board.

The smilies and gifs was taking a shot at myself.

As for the rest......

What about all the times we say "Fuck Dallas", or say that a player is a crybaby or POS? What about all the times we make fun of a coach for being a whiner, or always bringing up how a player is a diver? How many times do we see pics, vids, or gifs posted depicting a team or player in an unfavorable light, or mocking them? How mnay times do we bash another team, fans, or city, just because we don't like them?

The guy is being a prick, but doing it at a better clip than most of the posters we are use to seeing, but I still don't see anything wrong with him posting on here. This is the Playoffs, and he's getting his smack talk in.

Either give him some smack back, or just ignore him.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
the difference is, other people taking friendly shots bring more to the table. Yes, fuck Dallas, and Jack Johnson sucks, and Matt Cooke shout be launched into the sun - but there is not one person who says that or whatever else, where that is the entirety of their message.
I can't think of any member of this community that I wouldn't be happy to sit down and have a beer with, regardless of what team they cheer for, or how much they may dislike my team for that matter.
If you are negative at all times, how is that adding to what we have built and protected here. the may sound a little over the top patriotic, but I certainly don't want this place to turn into the shithole espn became, and letting a guy like that continue to troll takes us back down the same road. fortunately, we have a framework to prevent that, where espn didn't.

smack talk? his team isn't going to even face the canucks, and is a month away from sniffing the Pens. this isn't smack talk, this is being an asshole. this is a kid on the playground who's greatest pleasure is seeing someone else with a skinned knee. it isn't smack talk, it is just spewing shit.

you say he's no different that anyone here? I absolutely disagree. to me, he's no different than maddog (reported).
and i won't just ignore it, because I don't want that element to fester and grow on this board.

anyways, I don't mean to derail the thread. hopefully that's the end of it.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll just agree to disagree then and see what happens down the road. I know where you are coming from, but I also don't want to ban people just because they are taking shots at other teams.

Maybe you're right, and he'll bring nothing to the table other than being a dick? At that point, fine, get rid of him, but let's not rush to judgement so quickly.

:suds:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Canucks fans on this board know I'm not a big fan of Luongo. Overall he's been solid. I don't think he's to blame for the 0-2 deficit. The Canucks problem is offense. Joe Thornton has taken a lot of crap for his poor play in the playoffs in the past. So has Marleau to a lesser extent. What about the Sedin's? If they don't start producing the Canucks season will be over.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not cocky about my own team. So far, the Hawks are up 2-0 against a not very good Minnesota Wild team...a team they should be up 2-0.

They have 14 more wins to go to win the Cup. You don't win it with two opening home wins. But you can sure lose it by losing the two games in your arena, like the Canucks.

I keep hearing about how great the Canucks, the Sedins, Luongo, Schneider, etc are during the regular season. But year in and year out this team disappoints. At times, they seem to have no sense of urgency. Luongo, while great at times, always somehow seems to NOT play at a level required to win it all.

I'm not touting it up for the Hawks. If you have read my earlier posts on the Blackhawks site you will find me bashing Crawford for his at least once a game soft goal he lets in putting the Hawks behind the eight ball or just plain losing the game. I bash plenty of Hawks when they deserve it.

I am a refugee of the now defunct CBS Sports site/boards for many, many years. I'm not trolling a Canuck/Sharks ONLY site. I'm adding observation after watching more hockey games from the sixties than probably most of you have seen in your lifetime.

Instead of bashing me, calling me names and being upset by my existence on your precious thread, I'd like to see some Canuck "fans" rip into their team for their poor showing in two home playoff games. So far, I don't see anyone man enough to even approach that. I haven't said anything personal (okay, I call the Sedins "sisters"...left over from the Dave Bolland quote from 2010) about the Canucks or about the posters on here. I haven't used any language that even approaches cursing, like some of you have. I haven't taken this to a poster personal level at all. I'm telling you what it seems like from an outside fan who has nothing to gain by either the Sharks or Canucks winning.

If any of you can't take it, then too bad. Refute what I have said about your team. That's what I'm talking about.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

train-derail-o.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Canucks fans on this board know I'm not a big fan of Luongo. Overall he's been solid. I don't think he's to blame for the 0-2 deficit. The Canucks problem is offense. Joe Thornton has taken a lot of crap for his poor play in the playoffs in the past. So has Marleau to a lesser extent. What about the Sedin's? If they don't start producing the Canucks season will be over.

the sedins have been atrocious. its like the league has figured out their cycle. Luongo has been our best player so far and if kesler can show up like that every game we have a chance but others have to rise around him. derek roy is looking to be another wasted draft pick and prospect.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I keep hearing about how great the Canucks, the Sedins, Luongo, Schneider, etc are during the regular season.

from who? find a thread, find a post, find a word.
to a man, every Canuck fan on this board is concerned, and HAS BEEN concerned all year long about the window closing, about the team missing its chance in 2011, about not showing urgency, about not stepping up when it matters.
for god's sake, look at the opening couple of pages of this thread. we end up discussing with Sharks fans who is going to suck worse. Does that sound like that egotistical delusions fans all of your rants have been targeted at?

you are making up arguments to suit you, or pulling them from years ago, or from other sources, or whatever. what you are painting the canuck fans on this board to be is absurd, false, and pretty damned insulting.
calling the sedins "sisters" in basically your introductory post paints the way you wish to be represented, and certainly paints the way you will be treated.

You were warned by someone else that you were approaching a line on your Pens rant, you definitely crossed it on this one. So now it should be abundantly clear where the line is. This isn't CBS or ESPN, and we tend to be pretty careful that it doesn't dissolve into that mess.

I'm willing to put this in the past and welcome you to the board - there are a few very good Hawk posters on the board already... but give a little thought to your audience before you rudely attacking a straw-man argument.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Instead of bashing me, calling me names and being upset by my existence on your precious thread, I'd like to see some Canuck "fans" rip into their team for their poor showing in two home playoff games. So far, I don't see anyone man enough to even approach that...

If you actually took the time to read what the Canucks fans have said about their team on this messageboard you'd notice they are very objective in their views of the team. When a player or the team is playing bad they openly admit it. You could have simply said/asked, "The Sedins are playing really poorly. What do you guys think the problem is? Why haven't they been able to produce in the playoffs like they do in the regular season?"

Instead you come in and abrasively bash team and players whom they've already admitted are not playing well and need to be better. You're intentionally rubbing salt in the wound. There are far more respectful and constuctive ways to discuss the Canucks preformance to this point than bursting in with "The Sedin Sisters" and "Luongo's a chump".

...I haven't said anything personal (okay, I call the Sedins "sisters"...left over from the Dave Bolland quote from 2010) about the Canucks or about the posters on here. I haven't used any language that even approaches cursing, like some of you have. I haven't taken this to a poster personal level at all. I'm telling you what it seems like from an outside fan who has nothing to gain by either the Sharks or Canucks winning.

If any of you can't take it, then too bad. Refute what I have said about your team. That's what I'm talking about.

Calling someone delusional because they don't agree with your assesment of Luongo's play so far this series (which I think you're way off) seems to be a bit personal to me.

rares...agreed. Luongo has been great!!????

Really? Think that goal he let in with 50 seconds left was great? Not his fault? Really? It wasn't?

Delusional fan then.

You're posts are nothing more than a deliberate attempt to get a rise out of Canucks fans. IMO that's trolling and not something I want to see on this board.

jojoh07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not cocky about my own team. So far, the Hawks are up 2-0 against a not very good Minnesota Wild team...a team they should be up 2-0.

They have 14 more wins to go to win the Cup. You don't win it with two opening home wins. But you can sure lose it by losing the two games in your arena, like the Canucks.

I keep hearing about how great the Canucks, the Sedins, Luongo, Schneider, etc are during the regular season. But year in and year out this team disappoints. At times, they seem to have no sense of urgency. Luongo, while great at times, always somehow seems to NOT play at a level required to win it all.

I'm not touting it up for the Hawks. If you have read my earlier posts on the Blackhawks site you will find me bashing Crawford for his at least once a game soft goal he lets in putting the Hawks behind the eight ball or just plain losing the game. I bash plenty of Hawks when they deserve it.

I am a refugee of the now defunct CBS Sports site/boards for many, many years. I'm not trolling a Canuck/Sharks ONLY site. I'm adding observation after watching more hockey games from the sixties than probably most of you have seen in your lifetime.

Instead of bashing me, calling me names and being upset by my existence on your precious thread, I'd like to see some Canuck "fans" rip into their team for their poor showing in two home playoff games. So far, I don't see anyone man enough to even approach that. I haven't said anything personal (okay, I call the Sedins "sisters"...left over from the Dave Bolland quote from 2010) about the Canucks or about the posters on here. I haven't used any language that even approaches cursing, like some of you have. I haven't taken this to a poster personal level at all. I'm telling you what it seems like from an outside fan who has nothing to gain by either the Sharks or Canucks winning.

this board is not for you

try espn or tsn comment sections

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of any member of this community that I wouldn't be happy to sit down and have a beer with, regardless of what team they cheer for, or how much they may dislike my team for that matter.

What if I was wearing a Mark Messier Canucks jersey?

Luongo fucking rocks in this series. Send him to Calgary.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to say I guess we are going to see what the canucks are made of but that seems moot. Sharks are just better overall. If canucks play their game like last game the and sedins play like they normally play we should be able to take this game and get back in the series. if ANYONE takes the night off and its series over.

well

GO CANUCKS GO

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As glad as I am that we are up 2-0, I pretty much am fully expecting the usual let down from the sharks at some point... A desperate nucks team coupled with a jumbo joe lead folding act and this series easily goes to 7 games...