• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options at Center for the Fins

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center Mike Pouncey being out for at least 3 months is a tough loss for the Fins. That said, winning teams are able to overcome adversity. The Fins will need to pick an option soon & give that center lots of reps in training camp to prepare for opening day. If Wilfork is healthy he's tough to deal with for a center. A center has to be able to read defenses & be consistent with the snap. Of the current Dolphins Nate Garner has the most experience. Is he up for the task & is he able to hold down that spot for a month or so? I don't know. Sam Brenner has shown some promise & started four games. Is he ready for the challenge? I don't know about that either. I like the potential of Tyler Larsen but he lacks experience for such a crucial position on the offensive line. He needs more time to prove himself and to develop in my opinion. It'd be great if one of these guys is able to step up however the Fins are probably considering all options including adding a veteran center.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they were already grooming Brenner so he'll most likely win the spot. I think that he'll do just fine for the short term. We're just fortunate that Pouncey won't be out for the year!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they were already grooming Brenner so he'll most likely win the spot. I think that he'll do just fine for the short term. We're just fortunate that Pouncey won't be out for the year!

You are probably right that Brenner is the front runner. The Fins have good DT's also so the coaches will be able to see Brenner's level of play & determine if he is up for the task. I wouldn't count out Garner though because he played center last year for two games & the Fins won one of those games. Garner has a lot of experience and that could help the team. May the best player win the spot. Let's hope the Oline builds cohesion with so much change. I still think they have a chance to be better than last year's Oline.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have signed OLineman Daryn Colledge. He is very experienced and versatile. I think it's a good move because it gives the team flexibility. If Nate Garner wins the center spot then Colledge could fill the void of having Garner starting. The Fins would still have another experienced backup with Colledge on the roster. It also offers other scenarios such as if Sam Brenner starts at center then Colledge could be competing for a starting guard spot. It also adds competition for the backup lineman if Colledge doesn't start.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move especially after last year this adds insurance in case the younger guys can't hold up yet. Can't hurt to have another experienced body in town.....