• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opinions on Briggs missing Monday?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting kinda sick of the talking heads STILL debating this topic... (and yet I'm going to bring it up here, sorry)
What do you guys think of Briggs missing the walk through on Monday to open his restaurant in Cali?
TO me- I could care less- they don't install the game plan until Wednesday, he's a long term vet, the coach OK'd it... I feel it's a non-issue. Just something the talking heads can bitch about.

Would it be such a big deal in week 7 after a win? Yeah, he had time in the offseason to do this- but you never know if it wasn't ready- something held up the opening, could be anything.

Anyone pissed about this?

(will it change your opinion if Lance plays like shit?)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pissed... but I think Brigg's is a better player than he is a leader or captain. The way I see it, Trestman let him be a man and exercise his own judgment and he chose to put himself ahead of the team. There are a lot of rookies and second year players on that defense... he has to start realizing he needs to mentor some of those kids up and not send the signal to them that this is only a day job. Luckily, the Bears D also has Peanut and Jared Allen that these kids could look to for leadership.

I also get the sense that the Trestman-Briggs relationship is a step dad-step son relationship and Briggs still holds it against Trestman that he isn't Lovie Smith while Trestman is trying to win over his favor. I could be completely wrong about this... I'm just looking at this as a complete outsider... but if this were the case, we should have shipped Briggs over to Tampa for whatever we could have gotten for him. Our LB corps may have stunk... but at least we are ridding the team of a little toxicity from one of its captains.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an issue for me. He asked the boss, the boss cleared him, what's the problem?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rookie like Briggs really falls behind missing a whole day and all.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is the media didn't have anything else to report on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rookie like Briggs really falls behind missing a whole day and all.

"Veteran" not "Rookie" but I agree. I'm less concerned with him than I am for the younger players. They take their cues from the vets. I just question the leadership he's showing. This is the exact opposite of Brandon Marshall taking Alshon and Marquess under his wings to train in Florida during the off season. It's not awesome to see a vet in a leadership position somewhat disengaged from the team when they need him the most.

I'm sure Briggs will have a great game and a good season. I would like to hear about the young linebackers he has been working with a la BMarsh.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means it's his last year. He's making provisional moves to bring in revenue so he hits the ground running when he retires.

In reality, Briggs should have retired at the end of last year because this type of behavior demonstrates that his head isn't in the game.

Would love to see someone take his spot early in the season.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs said it all. monday practice consists of a one hour meeting. He missed one hour. Where does anyone get missing an ENTIRE day?

The rest of these absolute out of their mind whiney talk radio morons are unbelievable.

I actually heard, "Why didnt he schedule this grand opening last month or on an off day."

Really? Maybe the fucking restaurant was not even ready to open a month ago. Ever watch reality tv and have anything finish on schedule?

Maybe the simple answer is, WTF, who else was working on Labor Day? The entire team probably expected to have the day off.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs said it all. monday practice consists of a one hour meeting. He missed one hour. Where does anyone get missing an ENTIRE day?

The rest of these absolute out of their mind whiney talk radio morons are unbelievable.

I actually heard, "Why didnt he schedule this grand opening last month or on an off day."

Really? Maybe the fucking restaurant was not even ready to open a month ago. Ever watch reality tv and have anything finish on schedule?

Maybe the simple answer is, WTF, who else was working on Labor Day? The entire team probably expected to have the day off.

Good point.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of his interviews, he said that his partner was the one scheduling the opening/etc.

He asked for the day off for personal reasons, was granted it by the coach(even though he didn't actually tell them what for) and went about his business. Done, over.

One last gasp of ZOMG nothing to frigging talk about before the season starts talking head nonstory to fill time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Veteran" not "Rookie" but I agree. I'm less concerned with him than I am for the younger players. They take their cues from the vets. I just question the leadership he's showing. This is the exact opposite of Brandon Marshall taking Alshon and Marquess under his wings to train in Florida during the off season. It's not awesome to see a vet in a leadership position somewhat disengaged from the team when they need him the most.

I'm sure Briggs will have a great game and a good season. I would like to hear about the young linebackers he has been working with a la BMarsh.

Lol… he was being sarcastic.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think it's a horrible - read HORRIBLE - decision on Briggs' part. Symbolically it is simply atrocious timing. The message it sends to the team is pretty clear. Sure, he doesn't "need" the meeting. Nice message to send to your teammates on the eve of the season, nice to know where he stands and we see what his priorities are. Nice scheduling by the way.

I say "go fuck yourself Lance." The talking heads are usually wrong, but not this time. Maybe Lance has had a few head injuries too many. WTF?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad state of affairs when the chicago media even thought twice about making an issue out of this. I'm sure they had more topics to discus but are too lazy to be original. Boring drive to work the last 2 days

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people who can say anything about this is the people who never took a day of of work and that's is being nice.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a horrible - read HORRIBLE - decision on Briggs' part. Symbolically it is simply atrocious timing. The message it sends to the team is pretty clear. Sure, he doesn't "need" the meeting. Nice message to send to your teammates on the eve of the season, nice to know where he stands and we see what his priorities are. Nice scheduling by the way.

I say "go fuck yourself Lance." The talking heads are usually wrong, but not this time. Maybe Lance has had a few head injuries too many. WTF?

I see both sides, but I certainly do not disagree with this sentiment.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad... I missed it. Either way I assumed the point was he's a vet. I got to the right destination despite making a wrong turn.

Yup. Fair enough.