• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Series vs Angels!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phred, I have bad news for you. You might want to sit down for this.

The Mariners are going to lose over 60 games this year. I've consulted with your Dr and we both agree you should switch to watching re-runs of the Joy of Painting on PBS every night at 7 to reduce the chance you have an aneurism when the M's lose 2 games in a row.

"Same old shit show year after year"

Because no playoff team has ever started the season 1-2

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that freaks out after 3 games need to lower their expectations just a little bit. Whatever your expectations may be, it seems unrealistic. They aren't going to win every series. They aren't going to win every games. Chances are, they are going to lose 60+ games... Pretty good chance too!

Maybe people need to realize the Angels won 98 games last season and has the best record in baseball.

Relax... This isn't a sprint... It's a marathon.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain but I am also not really surprised. This team is made up of a lot of players that strikeout a lot. Because of that we will see a lot of whiffs with this team in key situations its just the way this team was built and the way it is being managed by the FO and LMC.

But I get it and I agree I am frustrated too.

Yep.. I think it's the inept offense we've had to endure for the last 15 years.. It's like at some point can any of these guy's hit a dam baseball ?? It's a marathon so i'm not freaking out just #@$^ had enough of watching guy's strike out in key situations... NO WAY should we have put up a zero in the bottom of the 8th ... NO effin way.... runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs YOU SCORE AT LEAST A RUN.... Not the Mariners, strike out, strike out, ground out ... #$@^#@$^#@^ .... Again it means nothing in the big picture because of the marathon called the MLB season, just tired SOOOOOO tired of seeing that shit...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is hilarious!

Hey im happy all you new fans are interested in the Mariners. Been paying attention to the seahawks alot have you? Well let me give you an analogy you can understand. The Mariners going 1-2 in the first series of the year equals the Seahawks going 3 and out the first drive of the first game of the season........ Theres still 14:24 on the clock in the first quarter

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phred, I have bad news for you. You might want to sit down for this.

The Mariners are going to lose over 60 games this year. I've consulted with your Dr and we both agree you should switch to watching re-runs of the Joy of Painting on PBS every night at 7 to reduce the chance you have an aneurism when the M's lose 2 games in a row.

"Same old shit show year after year"

Because no playoff team has ever started the season 1-2

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Youre mad at me for being upset that owner ship isnt doing enough? That makes me a bad fan... how? Its been 14 years.... when will you stop making excuses for howard lincoln, jack z and mcclendon/coaching staff?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweens will never understand, podunk.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey im happy all you new fans are interested in the Mariners. Been paying attention to the seahawks alot have you? Well let me give you an analogy you can understand. The Mariners going 1-2 in the first series of the year equals the Seahawks going 3 and out the first drive of the first game of the season........ Theres still 14:24 on the clock in the first quarter
Yep.

I have concerns, too. Been talking about them since December. But it's 3 games.

Just waiting for the first tween girl to say something like "they're not even .500" before game 4 even starts. i think we all know who's a candidate to say something like that. ;)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think everyone realizes that ... This hasn't been frustration from just the first 3 games... it's going on 15 years now of utter frustration... Last night was just another example ... Yes we know their are 159 games left...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone realizes that ... This hasn't been frustration from just the first 3 games... it's going on 15 years now of utter frustration... Last night was just another example ... Yes we know their are 159 games left...

I get it. I'll be one of the more negative people on here if things aren't a lot better by, say, 15 games in.

There's been some rotten decision making in these 3 games, and there's plenty of negative things to comment about and discuss for reasonable fans. Sharkonbicycle seems to understand the big picture. Some others just don't, and that's their prerogative.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude82, where are you?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No time to panic, but I will never back anyone who says 'It is just one game'. My point was made ever so clear last year when 1 game cost us a chance to play 1 game to see if we could make the real playoffs.

:thumb:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No time to panic, but I will never back anyone who says 'It is just one game'. My point was made ever so clear last year when 1 game cost us a chance to play 1 game to see if we could make the real playoffs.

:thumb:

Well the Mariners have backed themselves into a corner in a PR type of way for this season. They have created a ton of buzz and are bringing in a ton of new fans, they built the whole thing around they were just one game away last year and why the 8th inning was so brutal to fans who have felt let down by this whole organization. It's a marathon yes but I still think it is fine to rant when we had to watch that pitiful excuse of an inning. I was bummed with Cruz's AB but Weeks was just god awful, he was swinging from his ass instead of just getting contact on the ball.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Mariners have backed themselves into a corner in a PR type of way for this season. They have created a ton of buzz and are bringing in a ton of new fans, they built the whole thing around they were just one game away last year and why the 8th inning was so brutal to fans who have felt let down by this whole organization. It's a marathon yes but I still think it is fine to rant when we had to watch that pitiful excuse of an inning. I was bummed with Cruz's AB but Weeks was just god awful, he was swinging from his ass instead of just getting contact on the ball.

Amen!!!! That is also what makes baseball fun. We can rag on them today and preach their greatness tomorrow and be right on both days.

Cruz's AB was gawd awful. He threw 4 pitches to him and not one was a strike.

Weeks is what Weeks is. I can't hate on him for that. He may shock us in the end or he may go the way of Corey Hart. I have never been one of those 'No harm signing' believers. Guaranteeing him a deal as they did eliminated the chance of one of those yuppies making the team or signing a free agent with real current value for a bit more.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you are saying and I think it is fine for fans to rant and talk shit when your players suck and under perform, I am all for talking shit about Weeks and Cruz for shitting the bed in the 8th. I am NOT on board with calling the season over after 3 games. For me what gets old is it seems like a lot of fans on here have forgotten what a baseball season is like over the offseason resulting in some major knee jerk reactions. Was I personally pissed about the way the 8th inning went? YES! Am I going to freak out and think the entire season is over? NO, because these guys don't even have 20 effin at bats and I have been a baseball fan long enough to know an entire baseball season is going to have its lows. I also have a good understanding of the team that Jack Z is putting on the field, these guys are going to K a lot throughout the season. A lot of them have awful strikeout rates which will lead to some very disappointing innings.

Anyone who payed attention to the Mariners forum during the off season probably knows I hated the Weeks signing for tons of reasons and I still do and I actually think the team is better off without him. (Still hoping he proves me wrong though). I think NWAZ made a great comment about Weeks, in his above post.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have to start spelling it Weaks...lol. Or maybe it is spelled Weeks because that is how long it is between hits for him. :D

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bummed with Cruz's AB but Weeks was just god awful, he was swinging from his ass instead of just getting contact on the ball.

Cruz's AB was bad. No way around it. Like AZ said none of those pitches were strikes. Frustrating because most balls in play probably would have got Ackley home and Cano to 3rd. They probably still walk Seagar if that happens but oh well. I'm sure he was just trying to hard to be an early hero with his new team. Weeks ironically took the most hittable pitch in that AB for a strike and then looked like he was trying to chop wood the rest of the time lol. Joe Smith is no slouch though, I think righties hit around .130 off him last year. But yea they didn't need a hit, two sac flies would have done.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I'll be one of the more negative people on here if things aren't a lot better by, say, 15 games in.

There's been some rotten decision making in these 3 games, and there's plenty of negative things to comment about and discuss for reasonable fans. Sharkonbicycle seems to understand the big picture. Some others just don't, and that's their prerogative.

I get it.. battered fan syndrome..... Also the internet age..... But seriously the failures of this organization the last 15 years don't really matter right now. Seattle has done the opposite of those previous teams, the last two years in a row they signed the biggest FA bat on the market, we also extended our young star..... Our "young prospect pitchers" are finally in the bigs......

I just dont see the need to panic and be pissed off of one bad game. Kuma got roughed up,,,,but he figured it out and got some innings in. Our O fought back scored 3 runs, and had the bases loaded.

YES Cruz blew that AB,,,, he's pressing its obvious he wants to be the big bopper, his AB was bad.
Then Smith being dinged up forced Lloyd to keep in Weeks, again, bad AB, put the ball in play get a run in....
Then Zunino,,,, doing Zunino type things....but we know that.

So three ab's, if either of them went different we may have won and you all are happy..

I expect this reaction though. I mean people were KILLING the superbowl champ hawks, when they got off to a bad start... again, the internet age. Every tom dick and harry with a message board account knows better then everyone in the organization....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen!!!! That is also what makes baseball fun. We can rag on them today and preach their greatness tomorrow and be right on both days.

Cruz's AB was gawd awful. He threw 4 pitches to him and not one was a strike.

Weeks is what Weeks is. I can't hate on him for that. He may shock us in the end or he may go the way of Corey Hart. I have never been one of those 'No harm signing' believers. Guaranteeing him a deal as they did eliminated the chance of one of those yuppies making the team or signing a free agent with real current value for a bit more.

I disliked the Weeks signing for the intention of platooning him in the OF and absolutely hate it now that they are using him as a DH.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disliked the Weeks signing for the intention of platooning him in the OF and absolutely hate it now that they are using him as a DH.
I think it's just about getting him at bats. I Bet he's got a pretty short leash right now.