• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Series Against The Mariners April 4-6 2016

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but have to admit going against King Felix and Iwakuma is a tough task. Glad to be 1-1. Hope we can take the series today.

No doubt about it. We faced two really good starters and we're damn fortunate to be 1-1.

Don't forget today's game is an early one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His manager was such a liar too. He entirely misrepresented the situation when we whined about it. I don't typically like lawyer ball, but man that could not have happened to a better team. I hope they lose all their games on shitty technicalities like that. They and their fanbase deserve nothing but heartbreak for the way they handled themselves last fall.

This was the Yankees and Astros. Is this what you are thinking?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this... If they can get 6 IP/2 ER from Perez on a regular basis, that should put them in a good position.
Definitely.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to do better offensively even against really good pitching. Even with Iwakuma and Feliz starting we still have hit against Seattle's bullpen in 6 innings and have only gotten 1 hit and 3 walks along with 10 strikeouts and didn't manage a single run. We have got to do better offensively.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gave saddles a "like" and this isn't true. Actually, I agree with him 100%.

Wonder why the SportsHoopla brain trust changed this? Wish it would go back to agree or disagree.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what they were saying last night. It is up to the fielder to throw the ball where it is supposed to be thrown even if that requires hitting the runner. If you try and throw around him you don't get the interference call. The interference call is there to be called if the fielder taking the throw is interfered with and not the fielder making the throw. That is an important rule to keep in mind for those making throws. You would think that would be something to get drilled into your head in ST.

Agreed, the runner didn't interfere with the fielding of the ball or the throw, b/c Betances CHOSE to try and lob it over him and that's where the throw was, had he thrown it to the 1B straight on, then the runner would have interfered (ased on where he was running) with the fielder trying to receive the throw, that's all on Betances

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His manager was such a liar too. He entirely misrepresented the situation when we whined about it. I don't typically like lawyer ball, but man that could not have happened to a better team. I hope they lose all their games on shitty technicalities like that. They and their fanbase deserve nothing but heartbreak for the way they handled themselves last fall.

Yeah his whining is pretty pathetic, it wasn't the slide that even got him in trouble, it was his reaching out and grabbing the defender's ankle as he was trying to throw

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know multiple people within the Rangers organization who absolutely couldn't stand Scott Servais when he was with the team. They all agreed to a man that he was easily one of the biggest jerks in all of baseball. I never met him or had any reason to form an opinion on him, but their separate opinions on him were so unanimously strong and unfavorable that it made me think they were probably right.

LOL. Sure you do.

"Scotty is such a jerk-o. I just hate that man."

LOL.

At least Servais played MLB baseball. Your bitch manager got a cup of coffee....in AAA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Sure you do.

"Scotty is such a jerk-o. I just hate that man."

LOL.

At least Servais played MLB baseball. Your bitch manager got a cup of coffee....in AAA.

No trolling team boards, fucktard. How bout you fuck on off out of here and enjoy your barely .500 season, mmmkay????

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trolling team boards, fucktard. How bout you fuck on off out of here an enjoy your barely .500 season, mmmkay????
fucktard fuck? such tough guy talk. I'm impressed.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad about both.

Did you notice any difference with the new lighting?

Honestly, I didn't really notice outright but I do recall thinking everything looked a little crisper. Kind of that clearer, crisp look you get from LED's. The new video board is nice too but sort of redundant from where I was sitting and not sure if it will really still be visible for some seats in RF. Not a fan of the foul poles being used for advertising, looks pretty tacky.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the foul poles being used for advertising, looks pretty tacky.

Oh man, I wish you hadn't even said this b/c so far I'd not noticed. Now today I'll be looking for them. ha ha Sure sounds like it's tacky though.