• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Series Against The Mariners April 4-6 2016

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buttista cost the BJs a win tonight. What an asshole.
If the Rangers don't win then a Blue Jays loss is the next best thing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the play between the Astros and the Yankees, been us, it wouldn't be making news today. But SI posted the rule for such a play and it's a no-brainer to me.

This appeared to be a play where Rule 6.05(k) should have been invoked:

A batter is out when —

…In running the last half of the distance from home base to first base, while the ball is being fielded to first base, he runs outside (to the right of) the three-foot line, or inside (to the left of) the foul line, and in the umpire’s judgment in so doing interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base, in which case the ball is dead; except that he may run outside (to the right of) the three-foot line or inside (to the left of) the foul line to avoid a fielder attempting to field a batted ball

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the play between the Astros and the Yankees, been us, it wouldn't be making news today. But SI posted the rule for such a play and it's a no-brainer to me.

A batter is out when —

…In running the last half of the distance from home base to first base, while the ball is being fielded to first base, he runs outside (to the right of) the three-foot line, or inside (to the left of) the foul line, and in the umpire’s judgment in so doing interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base, in which case the ball is dead; except that he may run outside (to the right of) the three-foot line or inside (to the left of) the foul line to avoid a fielder attempting to field a batted ball

Like I said, fuck those umpires.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read in today's DMN about pitching coach Doug Brocail. Man, this guy is fortunate to be alive, much less living a productive life.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you all feel about Colby's start at home today vs. this lineup of the M's in a day game?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you all feel about Colby's start at home today vs. this lineup of the M's in a day game?

Colby is going to be Colby... He'll be good for about 15 quality starts this season, you just never know when they'll happen.

I'd like to see some life from the offense regardless.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers don't win then a Blue Jays loss is the next best thing.

Just watched the replay for the first time and he sure made it easy for the replay official.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is going to be Colby... He'll be good for about 15 quality starts this season, you just never know when they'll happen.

Agree. And frankly, if we don't put some more wood on the ball soon it's not going to matter so much how well we pitch.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. And frankly, if we don't put some more wood on the ball soon it's not going to matter so much how well we pitch.
Agree but have to admit going against King Felix and Iwakuma is a tough task. Glad to be 1-1. Hope we can take the series today.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope the Rangers get the bat on the ball today. 21 strike outs in 60 AB's is not a good start.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree need to see more from the lineup. DDJ has struggled mightily and AB and Prince aren't having very good AB's either, matter of fact most are struggling after 2 games. I know we usually struggle against Iwakuma and the king is tough, but more signs of life would be nice. Maybe we can shell Miley today

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A batter is out when —

That is what they were saying last night. It is up to the fielder to throw the ball where it is supposed to be thrown even if that requires hitting the runner. If you try and throw around him you don't get the interference call. The interference call is there to be called if the fielder taking the throw is interfered with and not the fielder making the throw. That is an important rule to keep in mind for those making throws. You would think that would be something to get drilled into your head in ST.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what they were saying last night. It is up to the fielder to throw the ball where it is supposed to be thrown even if that requires hitting the runner. If you try and throw around him you don't get the interference call. The interference call is there to be called if the fielder taking the throw is interfered with and not the fielder making the throw. That is an important rule to keep in mind for those making throws. You would think that would be something to get drilled into your head in ST.

Betances not knowing the situation is pretty bad.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the replay for the first time and he sure made it easy for the replay official.
His manager was such a liar too. He entirely misrepresented the situation when we whined about it. I don't typically like lawyer ball, but man that could not have happened to a better team. I hope they lose all their games on shitty technicalities like that. They and their fanbase deserve nothing but heartbreak for the way they handled themselves last fall.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this... If they can get 6 IP/2 ER from Perez on a regular basis, that should put them in a good position.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this... If they can get 6 IP/2 ER from Perez on a regular basis, that should put them in a good position.

3 walks and HBP didnt help him out, but the 3 DP's on ground balls were big. I thought Perez did his job and like you say, I will take the 2 runs against on a reg basis. Along w the innings pitched.