• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Onside Kick Strategy

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is a dumb idea, but just a thought...

How about at some random time (maybe to start the second half) when it is an obvious time to kick it away, and line up for an onside kick. Maybe even audible to it once they line up. Try and make the other team waste a timeout. You can always kick it away if they don't call the timeout and you don't lose anything. But if they do, then you have taken away a timeout to start the half that could come in handy later on.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we'd get more creative like that fake FG that went to Crabtree who was uncovered. Fake screen to linemen like earlier this year. I like your idea as well.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about McCoy or any backup QB holding on kicks? Give them something to think about? Likely too late this year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is a dumb idea, but just a thought...

How about at some random time (maybe to start the second half) when it is an obvious time to kick it away, and line up for an onside kick. Maybe even audible to it once they line up. Try and make the other team waste a timeout. You can always kick it away if they don't call the timeout and you don't lose anything. But if they do, then you have taken away a timeout to start the half that could come in handy later on.

I like it

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually was wondering/predicting an onside KO in the CAR game... I was thinking, I wouldn't be mad if they tried it pass/fail....

but against Seattle.... thats balls..

I rather them go for it on 4th downs

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
After seeing MVP Andy Lee throw the ball on Sunday I hope they don't do any fake punts.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing MVP Andy Lee throw the ball on Sunday I hope they don't do any fake punts.

Clearly Osgoods fault. He ran the wrong pattern . Seriously though.. I wonder if that is an audible type play they had. If they go all out block and leave people uncovered I wonder if Harbaugh gave him the OK to let that go. Would they have still run the play had there been guys out covering?