• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only saw 1st half

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent read any articles or message threads about the game. Some of this may already have been discussed. As a fan though, what do you think ? Same old story, just bad luck? If that was the case wouldnt the luck eventually go our way. Ha- I know we dont play the game for luck, but I have never seen a team self destruct more than this one.

On a good note , I dont remember any pre snap penalties in the 1st half or issues with the play clock. It did get down to 2 one time. I did see Romo have to tell Murray where to go. There was a big holding call that wouldnt have hurt because we got the first down anyway but fumbled. Truthfully, the fumbles were extra effort plays but thye cant happen, especially where they did.

I know we are playing a little vanilla right now, but Dez, Romo, and Miles look really good right now as far as them together. Witten??? 1 target in 22 pass attempts?? Williams and Romo just dont seem to have much chemistry - I know Romo overthrew him a mile , but there was another pass that didnt look right which brings me to a question- has Williams really beaten out Harris and Beasley for that 3 spot?? Running game- Murray had a decent run or two but it still looks behind the passing game. I dont know what has changed since the Miami game but the holes arent there.

Defensively- another mixed bag. Positive- 3 and out. Negative- let them drive the length of the field. We could say we had a big 4rth down stop, but realistically Palmer made a terrible pass. The defense does swarm and play physical. Again, was it just me or is Scandrick outplaying the whole secondary right now.

Just a few thoughts. Im sure I will have more and Im sure I will have disagreements, but man one things for certain this crap has to get fixed.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say when we signed Dunbar I thought he was just another guy. This preseason he's proved something to be. This guy has great acceleration and can really find the hole he's awesome in space. Don't kill me for this one but I see a little Reggie Bush in him with a little less wiggle/agility. I would like to see him with the 1st team and I even think if given the chance he could push Murray for the 1 spot. Because of his injury hx I still think Murray lacks consistency and hasn't grown much since his 1st season.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath is starting to grow on me as well. He's got some pop special teams guy we can afford to keep him since Albright is out for the season. Romotoowens I'm actually more bothered by the false starts then the fumbles. I think they will clean the fumbles up, these false starts have been a trend during Wade and Reds tenure. Not so much during Bills era. If this team wants to win the division especially w/o strong OL play they can't lead the league in penalties again. they need to be in the Bottom 15 in penalties and in the top 15 in sacks and turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the only rookies that will make a contribution this year will be Fredrick and maybe Williams. This ''drafting for the future'' crap reminds me of when Jerry drafted Sherman Williams and a bunch of other scubs because he wanted quality backups instead of more starting caliber players. Jerry being innovative.
:puke:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnovers were ridiculous, especially the one by Dunbar. Ball security is something you can stress and improve. They might want to try and nip this one in the bud right now.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think Williams needs more time with Romo. You see the ability there, and you see Romo on the same page with Miles and Dez, so I'm leaning towards this being a matter of getting reps.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Selvie, it doesn't appear to me we have any decent depth on defense anywhere. Huge concern for me.