• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it is good for the Isles chances to get Barzal signed long-term.

Fucking Lou! :spy:
Interesting thing, per CapFriendly, with Boychuk on LTIR they are still under 4 million of cap space.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing, per CapFriendly, with Boychuk on LTIR they are still under 4 million of cap space.
The number at the top is without LTIR applied. They're at about $71.5m with it applied which is $9.9m in space.

And since they traded Toews and his $4.1m AAV deal my guess is Barzal is asking somewhere around that and Lou's going to have to pay, which is interesting because I was told Nylander would've signed for $3m and Matthews for $6m if Lou stayed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number at the top is without LTIR applied. They're at about $71.5m with it applied which is $9.9m in space.

And since they traded Toews and his $4.1m AAV deal my guess is Barzal is asking somewhere around that and Lou's going to have to pay, which is interesting because I was told Nylander would've signed for $3m and Matthews for $6m if Lou stayed.
I thought it was with LTIR but I see that it isn't now. :L

Since they have the space for Barzal, do you think 4.1 would keep Barzal? Seems low but once again it could be short-term with the hope revenues go up in a few years and then a big payout.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since they have the space for Barzal, do you think 4.1 would keep Barzal? Seems low but once again it could be short-term with the hope revenues go up in a few years and then a big payout.
I suppose anything is possible but if I'm Barzal my lowest comparable is Aho and he got twice that. Even if Barzal wants to take a discount I'd argue that something around $8.4m is the discount.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ontario will win every game 13-12.

Binnington and Murray? oof.
Only goalie tandem that’s really better is BC and even then we’re talking about a guy in his 30s who’s posted sub-.910 sv% in two of the last three years and a guy who was on waivers before last season. I’d lean BC but barely.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good mix of youth and experience up front, love the defense corps, and Carter Hart between the pipes ain't half bad.

Enxti5RXEAwQfmz

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good mix of youth and experience up front, love the defense corps, and Carter Hart between the pipes ain't half bad.

Enxti5RXEAwQfmz
That top four is very good and that’s a good top line but everything below that is...hopeful.

But Hart is probably the best Canadian goalie right now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That top four is very good and that’s a good top line but everything below that is...hopeful.

Yeah, I would say Alberta is likely in the bronze medal game and if Hart can steal a game, maybe playing for gold against Ontario.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until Philly ruins him.

/I still give it to Price by a hair

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Maritime provinces are like Japan, South Korea and Great Britain in the IIHF rankings.

Nova Scotia’s top line might put up 5 goals a game but the rest of the team will give up 8.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Maritime provinces are like Japan, South Korea and Great Britain in the IIHF rankings.

Nova Scotia’s top line might put up 5 goals a game but the rest of the team will give up 8.
They teach neither defense or goaltending there.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good God no. Holy fuck I'll offer to be his agent for free if he's considering that just to keep him from making the biggest mistake he could ever make.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, he should be asking for all of that available cap space.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God no. Holy fuck I'll offer to be his agent for free if he's considering that just to keep him from making the biggest mistake he could ever make.
Really overreact much? Seriously it was questioning a prior post and trying to understand why he would take that low of a number as a compared to the Toews deal.

I don't think anyone between him, his agent or the Islanders would make such a low offer, trust me, they don't need you.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really overreact much? Seriously it was questioning a prior post and trying to understand why he would take that low of a number as a compared to the Toews deal.

I don't think anyone between him, his agent or the Islanders would make such a low offer, trust me, they don't need you.

I think I see what the disconnect here was, I think you misinterpreted what BBB had written. When he said Barzal was asking for "somewhere around that" I believe he was referring to the $9.9 mil or so that is available now rather than the $4.1 million that Toews got. It was a little bit unclear now that I reread his post so I will apologize for my aggressiveness.

But was what I wrote really such an "overreaction"? You're reacting like I insulted you and/or said something personal.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I see what the disconnect here was, I think you misinterpreted what BBB had written. When he said Barzal was asking for "somewhere around that" I believe he was referring to the $9.9 mil or so that is available now rather than the $4.1 million that Toews got. It was a little bit unclear now that I reread his post so I will apologize for my aggressiveness.

But was what I wrote really such an "overreaction"? You're reacting like I insulted you and/or said something personal.
Ok Harris, let's not start a holy war here.

Status
Not open for further replies.