• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Pekka is now outscoring Mark Jankowski on the season.
He still has two years to become the best player of that draft.
it was a shit draft in general, but he has some work to do

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:
Lucic - 3 goals!
Ruhwedel - 9 games (yeah the Penguins need warm bodies) NOTE: He has one goal himself.
Oilers - 3 players (Kassian, Nugent-Hopkins, Khaira)

I am officially disqualifying Ruhwedel from the competition since the Penguins are in a perpetual state of injury. For reference, he is up to 20 games played.

The official update:

Lucic - 4 goals scored
Oilers - 4 players with more than 5 goals scored excluding McDavid, Draisaitl and Kneal.
(Kassian, Nugent-Hopkins, Khaira, Chaisson)
The new entry to replace Ruhwedel (I am open for any input):
Jack Johnson +/- +7
Pekka Rinne goals - 1
Number of times Joeseph Blandisi can be waived this season w/o being claimed - 3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I would love to have their first rounder this summer :nod:

giphy.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks recalled Joachim Blichfield, so we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

/I have tickets to the game this Saturday :gaah:

Looking at the Sharks cap situation is frightening in the long term. I think we're watching Doug Wilson's last season in San Jose.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Sharks cap situation is frightening in the long term. I think we're watching Doug Wilson's last season in San Jose.

Yeah, they have a lot of money tied up in aging players and bare cupboards. But that is the result of a decade of trying to push for the cup. It is bound to happen eventually.

The worst part is not having our first round pick this year. I wouldn’t mind them shopping some big names and restocking. But tanking is out the window for this season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ has the second-worst PDO in the league. Their fancy stats are mostly middle-of-the-pack but their GF% is second worst in the league to Detroit.

Wilson does deserve to be fired because last season showed his team was fucked in goal and he did jack shit to change that.

I was actually surprised to see them with so much space and really nobody to sign next summer (I don't know if Labanc did make a handshake deal with Wilson but man he is gonna get screwed lol). Taylor Hall, come on down!

Their problem is the crazy deals they gave to 30 year old+ d-men who are basically unmovable and barely buyout-able. That shit's gonna hurt them in a few years.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
SJ has the second-worst PDO in the league. Their fancy stats are mostly middle-of-the-pack but their GF% is second worst in the league to Detroit.

Wilson does deserve to be fired because last season showed his team was fucked in goal and he did jack shit to change that.
PDO often described a the "luck" stat, but half of it's composition is save% so they have an uphill climb to get to 1.000
basically have to shoot the lights out at the other end, and having 2 players above 13% is not that

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDO often described a the "luck" stat, but half of it's composition is save% so they have an uphill climb to get to 1.000
basically have to shoot the lights out at the other end, and having 2 players above 13% is not that
That was pretty much my point though - the team isn't great up front but they're being completely dragged by goaltending.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually surprised to see them with so much space and really nobody to sign next summer (I don't know if Labanc did make a handshake deal with Wilson but man he is gonna get screwed lol). Taylor Hall, come on down!

Their problem is the crazy deals they gave to 30 year old+ d-men who are basically unmovable and barely buyout-able. That shit's gonna hurt them in a few years.

Gospel of Paul right here. Vlasic’s deal is bad. Burns deal will be as bad as his play declines.

Couture and Kane are still in ok shape but Couts could be a problem in a couple/few years. But the D is definitely worse.

And all the NTCs. It’s the trade off to keep your higher end free agents in a travel heavy market where free agents don’t like to sign.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was, a young boy
My father, took me into the city
To see an all-star game

3sji4bbaul941.png

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those all star jerseys are atrocious, yikes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they just don't measure up.
They missed the beat.
The design is flat.
So much for being low key.

This post really struck a chord with me. My only fear is we could be in for some treble.

Status
Not open for further replies.