• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd look good in a BJs jersey
Yeah this one: :D

bjwholesale.Bloomberg.4.18.19.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Jersey Jersey

224ffbd0-5a3d-447d-92a9-41790c3ae91a-DevilsJersey3.jpg

Plus with a name like Del Zotto, it's unlikely he wants pineapple on his pizza.

From what I hear as long as it comes out of pron star's pants he'll eat anything.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost agree with Torts here, but only in regards to kids seeing it and trying to emulate it. we have a five minute warm up at the start of every practice, and once the warm up is over if anyone tries it or the between the legs shot in a drill, it's 15 pushups. Learn the drill right. Of course, in warmups at least 5 players try it at least once.

But a guy at the NHL level has probably learned the drills alright. And if he wants to do it, let him. And if someone wants to light him up for trying it, let that happen too.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost agree with Torts here, but only in regards to kids seeing it and trying to emulate it. we have a five minute warm up at the start of every practice, and once the warm up is over if anyone tries it or the between the legs shot in a drill, it's 15 pushups. Learn the drill right. Of course, in warmups at least 5 players try it at least once.

But a guy at the NHL level has probably learned the drills alright. And if he wants to do it, let him. And if someone wants to light him up for trying it, let that happen too.
When are the kids ok to try creative stuff if not in practice? Sure, do the drills correctly and repetition is crucial but if youre doing a drill that ends with a shooter facing goalie … do your thing kid … everytime :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights of this game....yeah he is done.
90 year old grandma's with walkers move and react better than he can.

NOTE: Watch on mute, unless you want to hear an intolerable minor league announcer.

I am just amazed they even would attempt to put him in net.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kids trying things in practice that aren't part of the prescribed practice is one thing but if they are trying to expand their skill doing these items then fine but not really something that should be done during a practice where certain skills are being taught.

As for it being bad for the game? Yeah that comment is nonsense at the pro level you want to see this stuff it is highlight reel material that folks enjoy. His comment about fans leaving because of that play? Once again utter nonsense.

Finally I do agree one of those Sabre players should have done anything to stop that but if you go after a player AFTER they score, once again is nonsense. It is on you as the defender for not stopping it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Tkachuk with the natural hat trick today and the Sens shutout the Bolts 4-zip.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be an emotional night as Kraken legend Gavin Bayreuther makes his return to Seattle.

Hope I can hold it together during the video tribute.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids trying things in practice that aren't part of the prescribed practice is one thing but if they are trying to expand their skill doing these items then fine but not really something that should be done during a practice where certain skills are being taught.

As for it being bad for the game? Yeah that comment is nonsense at the pro level you want to see this stuff it is highlight reel material that folks enjoy. His comment about fans leaving because of that play? Once again utter nonsense.

Finally I do agree one of those Sabre players should have done anything to stop that but if you go after a player AFTER they score, once again is nonsense. It is on you as the defender for not stopping it.
In practice we want full engagement on learning the system. There are a few other things we also don't want to see like going out of their way to make a hit, or shooting pucks high through traffic from the points. Hitting the goalie in the face with a puck is pushups. They can lift and throw pucks in their basement.

If a kid executes the game plan well enough to find himself alone behind the net with time to lift the puck like that and score, well I'm not going to bench anyone for a goal. But if someone passes up a safer play to try it and misses, or gets lit up and creates an odd man situation the other way you can bet they are gonna hear about it from one of us. One of our mottos is "know what to do if it works, know what to do if it doesn't"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I can only assume 90% of these assists are other people cleaning up his garbage when he misses an open net attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.