• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if there are any penalties or repercussions if a team is not to the Cap Floor when the season begins?

In the unlikely event. . .
Given Jack Johnson

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if there are any penalties or repercussions if a team is not to the Cap Floor when the season begins?

There are very steep penalties but it is pretty much impossible - the league will simply void the most recent contract(s) that pushed the club over the cap limit.

Really the only way to go over the cap is if performance bonuses hit which ends up as a fine for the next season - this actually happens somewhat frequently:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure that inquiries have been made.

images

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are very steep penalties but it is pretty much impossible - the league will simply void the most recent contract(s) that pushed the club over the cap limit.

Really the only way to go over the cap is if performance bonuses hit which ends up as a fine for the next season - this actually happens somewhat frequently:

Also, it's Monday and I don't know how to read.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that inquiries have been made.

images

Punishments are the same as exceeding the cap ceiling ... the ones more pertinent to not reaching the floor are loss of draft picks, forfeiture of games and suspension of team personnel (gm) who caused the situation (with the league possible taking over operation)

The big one:
Impose a fine of up to $5 million in the case of a Circumvention by a Club or Club Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be less than $1 million against any Club or Club Actor if such party is found to have violated Article 50 of this Agreement

/all that said it will never happen. A team will correct the situation before it ever gets to this

EXAMPLE ... Look for the Sens to sign noted korean player Mohegan Sun to a 900k contract :thumb:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not barely but still less than Nylander.

I don’t get it.

It appears that Kyle Dubas doesn't either.

But seriously, the Leafs at least have some cost certainty on Matthews and Marner for 5 years. Even if both got more than they should have (Matthews by not very much).

This is a very good deal for Tampa.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that should be a pretty good benchmark for Tkachuk, I reckon.

I think he'll ask for more but I can't see the Flames ponying up more than the Aho offer sheet deal.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll ask for more but I can't see the Flames ponying up more than the Aho offer sheet deal.

I just hope it gets done this week and I would like to see a longer term deal (at least 5 years) rather than a bridge deal. I think if they give him a bridge deal of say 2-3 years, he's going to walk after that contract is over.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Point was going to be a hold out going into the season. Nice they got him signed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you can tell much from a preseason game but if I'm a Habs fan I'm pretty concerned with Drouin looking like steaming garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.