• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. There's a history and a need right now.

But if he hasn't been good enough for a spot on the Oilers he might not be good enough for the Leafs.

Leafs also probably need money going out to take anybody on. Seems like they're probably shopping Dermott to teams like the Pens who need D in the worst way.

True but I think any change is better than Edmonton.
Also didn't realize his cap hit was 1 million so yeah not worth the cap hit.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF doesn't get the respect he deserves in my opinion because for the bulk of his career he's played behind some great teams. Make no mistake though, he's put together a Hall of Fame career.

/Also, he has to be one of the nicest guys in hockey.

The bad clears and the 2012 playoff series against Philadelphia.

Game 7 against the Wings. 5 Cup Finals with 3 wins. Game 7 against the Wings. The amount of regular season wins IDK how many right now. Game 7 against the Wings. 66 career shutouts. The behind the scene things he did in Pittsburgh, that he didn't want in the press. Did I mention game 7 against the Wings?

I can remember a number of Pens fans badmouthing MAF at times including myself, but all in all the best goalie I ever saw in a Pittsburgh jersey.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF doesn't get the respect he deserves in my opinion because for the bulk of his career he's played behind some great teams. Make no mistake though, he's put together a Hall of Fame career.

No doubt of his talent, and he'll be a HOF'er when times comes.

But Roy and Brodeur were two the greatest of all time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game 7 against the Wings. 5 Cup Finals with 3 wins. Game 7 against the Wings. The amount of regular season wins IDK how many right now. Game 7 against the Wings. 66 career shutouts. The behind the scene things he did in Pittsburgh, that he didn't want in the press. Did I mention game 7 against the Wings?

I can remember a number of Pens fans badmouthing MAF at times including myself, but all in all the best goalie I ever saw in a Pittsburgh jersey.
Even Tom Barrasso approved this comment.

Seriously that is true no goalie was better in Pittsburgh.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7 total wins in those Cup Finals, didn't play in 2 of them (was instrumental in getting to one of those though). No Vezina, never even a finalist and only in the top 5 twice (both times during his Vegas stint). Don't believe he was ever all-NHL. If we break down his career in 2 eras this is his ranking in sv%:

2007-13 - 19th in sv% among starters
2013-20 - 15th in sv% among starters

That's the definition of average.

I think whether you think MAF belongs in the HOF depends on if you think Chris Osgood belongs there. I don't.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhh, what?

For the tampering thing?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 total wins in those Cup Finals, didn't play in 2 of them (was instrumental in getting to one of those though). No Vezina, never even a finalist and only in the top 5 twice (both times during his Vegas stint). Don't believe he was ever all-NHL. If we break down his career in 2 eras this is his ranking in sv%:

2007-13 - 19th in sv% among starters
2013-20 - 15th in sv% among starters

That's the definition of average.

I think whether you think MAF belongs in the HOF depends on if you think Chris Osgood belongs there. I don't.

Could go over 500 career wins this season (or get darn close) and has a career .913 save percentage. Even if he doesn't win another game in this league, he's a Hall of Famer just on career wins alone.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could go over 500 career wins this season (or get darn close) and has a career .913 save percentage. Even if he doesn't win another game in this league, he's a Hall of Famer just on career wins alone.
Osgood's 13th in wins. Cujo's 7th. Neither are HOF'ers nor will they likely ever be.

If MAF has a lights out season and leads Vegas to a Cup there's an argument to be made but based on his body of work to date I don't think it can be justified based on the fact he played goalie on Sid & Geno's teams for a decade while accumulating literally no personal accolades or records.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osgood's 13th in wins. Cujo's 7th. Neither are HOF'ers nor will they likely ever be.

If MAF has a lights out season and leads Vegas to a Cup there's an argument to be made but based on his body of work to date I don't think it can be justified based on the fact he played goalie on Sid & Geno's teams for a decade while accumulating literally no personal accolades or records.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one - He's only 15 games behind Belfour's 484 career games won and yes Belfour has a two Vezina trophy advantage over MAF, but less time spent in a jail cell lol. Of course, Mike Vernon will likely never get into the Hall of Fame and while he has 99 career fewer wins than Belfour, he was a key figure in two different teams hoisting the Stanley Cup.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one - He's only 15 games behind Belfour's 484 career games won and yes Belfour has a two Vezina trophy advantage over MAF, but less time spent in a jail cell lol. Of course, Mike Vernon will likely never get into the Hall of Fame and while he has 99 career fewer wins than Belfour, he was a key figure in two different teams hoisting the Stanley Cup.
Look, time in a jail cell used to be a positive for HOF induction as was gallons of alcohol consumed per 60 so not much that can be done about that.

I just feel that goaltending is such a limited position that there should be at least some aspect of dominance, even if over a relatively brief period of time, over a guy’s career in order to qualify him for the Hall. I don’t see that at all in MAF. I see wins as more of a team effort than individual (like with Cy Young voting) so that only goes so far.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MAF wins the Cy Young this season then he’s a shoe in for the hall of fame.

Hell, if he finishes second or third he’s still a shoe in.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
seems like a decent time to point out that I'm still pissed at MAF for an ill-advised clearing attempt in 2004.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a decent time to point out that I'm still pissed at MAF for an ill-advised clearing attempt in 2004.

If you hadn't chimed in, I would have been wondering what the hell is wrong with you lol

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off of Coburn if I remember correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.