• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only remark here is Jonathan Huberdeau and Dougie Hamilton are way too low.
I'm having a great day. Wanted to post this below that:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Yandle is still a top-ish tier d-man or anything but he sure as shit still looked to do exactly what he's done for most of his career last season. What am I missing here?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a hater but I really don't get the Montreal hype. I think there's potential but it's hardly a massively improved roster over the one that was on an 81 point pace last season.

They did make some nice moves, but there's a lot of "if's" with that club. I think one of their best moves is signing Jake Allen just to give Price some nights off which will be vital in this compressed schedule.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki and Kotkaniemi both went up a notch in last years playoffs. If they continue their progress it makes the Canadiens a border line playoff team.

Plus if you look at the North

Tier 1: Maple Leafs and Oilers
Tier 2: Flames, Canadiens, Jets, and Canucks
Tier 17: Senators

The Oilers have to play D to stay with Toronto.
The Flames and Canucks should compete for the 3rd and 4th spot.
The Jets could fall.
The Canadiens could sneak in there.

The Senators are last and losing ground.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did make some nice moves, but there's a lot of "if's" with that club. I think one of their best moves is signing Jake Allen just to give Price some nights off which will be vital in this compressed schedule.
The only real roster upgrade are at backup goalie and Toffoli pushing Lehkonen down the lineup. I have no idea if Anderson is going to pan out there but best case scenario he puts up points at a 50 pt/82 game pace, which is basically what Domi was doing so call that a wash at best.

Suzuki is going to be a good player. I don't think Kotkaniemi is ever going to be at that level but he will get better than he is at some point. These projections seem to take into account that both are definitely 100% certain to make that jump to the maximum extent this season and I just think that's crazy to expect.

And then I compare this to where the same projections have Vancouver despite the Canucks maybe having the best defence in the division, having at least replacement-level goaltending (which is what the projection should actually be for the Habs) and icing one of the five best forwards in the division. The only real glaring weaknesses on the Canucks is a garbage bottom six and some secondary scoring on the top six, neither a part of the lineup that I'd call the Habs truly superior in comparison.

I just don't understand that gulf and it would be one thing if it were only a couple of previews but it's pretty consistent and TSN had 3 execs pick the Habs to make the Cup final lol. You're right that a more rested Price will help but basically every team in the division except Winnipeg (who has the reigning Vezina winner) and Edmonton (who have a garbage man and a Tim Hortons manager) are running a decent goalie tandem so that's just bringing them up to average more than an advantage IMO.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real roster upgrade are at backup goalie and Toffoli pushing Lehkonen down the lineup. I have no idea if Anderson is going to pan out there but best case scenario he puts up points at a 50 pt/82 game pace, which is basically what Domi was doing so call that a wash at best.

Suzuki is going to be a good player. I don't think Kotkaniemi is ever going to be at that level but he will get better than he is at some point. These projections seem to take into account that both are definitely 100% certain to make that jump to the maximum extent this season and I just think that's crazy to expect.

And then I compare this to where the same projections have Vancouver despite the Canucks maybe having the best defence in the division, having at least replacement-level goaltending (which is what the projection should actually be for the Habs) and icing likely one of the three best forwards in the division. The only real glaring weaknesses on the Canucks is a garbage bottom six and some secondary scoring on the top six, neither a part of the lineup that I'd call the Habs truly superior in comparison.

I just don't understand that gulf and it would be one thing if it were only a couple of previews but it's pretty consistent and TSN had 3 execs pick the Habs to make the Cup final lol. You're right that a more rested Price will help but basically every team in the division except Winnipeg (who has the reigning Vezina winner) and Edmonton (who have a garbage man and a Tim Hortons manager) are running a decent goalie tandem so that's just bringing them up to average more than an advantage IMO.
My earlier quote about Anderson not winning more then 1 series in the playoffs. Looking at the North this is the year for him to make a liar out of me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My earlier quote about Anderson not winning more then 1 series in the playoffs. Looking at the North this is the year for him to make a liar out of me.
You're referring to Frederik Andersen who is a goalie who cannot win a game 7 (or 5, depending on circumstances).

I'm referring to new Canadien Josh Anderson who scored 1 more goal than you did all of last season but was signed to a 7 year contract by Marc Bergevin.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're referring to Frederik Andersen who is a goalie who cannot win a game 7 (or 5, depending on circumstances).

I'm referring to new Canadien Josh Anderson who scored 1 more goal than you did all of last season but was signed to a 7 year contract by Marc Bergevin.

Yes. It was meant to be directed at you, but not necessarily about your post. Mea Culpa

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know I'm a hater but I really don't get the Montreal hype. I think there's potential but it's hardly a massively improved roster over the one that was on an 81 point pace last season.
agreed. Habs have been pretty meh for a while now.
hard to flick a switch other than assuming Price will go .945.

Allen is an upgrade over Red Light Racicot, or whoever last year's back up was
Anderson and Toffoli may add a bit of pop. maybe.

Perry and Frolik were great additions to the taxi squad

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person that watched Josh Anderson for the last 4 years, I will say to Montreal - Good luck with pinning your hopes on him. Don't let him fight.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki and Kotkaniemi both went up a notch in last years playoffs. If they continue their progress it makes the Canadiens a border line playoff team.

Plus if you look at the North

Tier 1: Maple Leafs and Oilers
Tier 2: Flames, Canadiens, Jets, and Canucks
Tier 17: Senators

The Oilers have to play D to stay with Toronto.
The Flames and Canucks should compete for the 3rd and 4th spot.
The Jets could fall.
The Canadiens could sneak in there.

The Senators are last and losing ground.

Tier 1: Kevin Lowe likes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.