• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habs finally giving up on Julien I see.

Someone should take Weal. Decent 4th line option.
This obviously should've said Juulsen. Don't think they've given up on Julien yet.

Re: Juulsen though, that now means of Bergevin's first 6 drafts he basically busted on 4 straight picks. Gets points for cashing in on Galchenyuk before he went completely south but McCarron, Scherbak, Poehling and now Juulsen are duds and he traded Sergachev for a 2013 prospect who I still can't 100% tell if he's good or not.

And that could even be something they could live with had they depth-drafted well - most of those picks were mid-20s anyway, hard to find talent up there even if it is one of the biggest parts of your job and you have an entire staff on your payroll to do exactly that - but from those 5 drafts only 10 guys selected after the 1st round have played any NHL games and of those the only one I can say anything for is Artturi Lehkonen. It's pretty bleak after him and he's penciled in as a 4th liner this year.

Kotkaniemi may still be good, this is going to be a big season in determining that. I have no idea about Caufield, he was invisible at the WJC which I usually wouldn't care much about but as he was a 20 year old during that tournament you probably wanted to hear his name a little more. But that's some Oiler-level waste at the draft and yet he keeps his job.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit waiving Svechnikov. Eriksson Ek, Colin White, Samsonov, Boeser and Konecny were the five guys to go after Svech at 19 in the 2015 draft. Ouch.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players assigned to Taxi squad would not have to be placed on waivers and clear, would they?

Would have expected Gerbe and McInnis to make the Taxi squad.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players assigned to Taxi squad would not have to be placed on waivers and clear, would they?

Would have expected Gerbe and McInnis to make the Taxi squad.
The taxi squad is an extension of the ahl team so sending a player to the taxi squad requires the same steps as if the player is being sent to the a

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have to be waived and clear. Same as AHL demotions.
So if they get in a game and moved back to the squad they have to clear each time?

Seems to defeat the purpose of a taxi squad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they get in a game and moved back to the squad they have to clear each time?

That I don't know. Maybe once they clear they're permanently cleared so long as they aren't sent to the A, or cleared for a certain time period like they are when you clear for the A. Not sure.

Edit: From a TSN article, "NHL teams get to have four to six players on taxi squads after they clear waivers, essentially expanding the size of the team beyond the 23-man limit when teams submit their rosters to the league on Tuesday." So yeah, seems like once they clear they're good.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole purpose of these taxi squads is to reduce quarantine time for players so the purpose really isnt defeated here lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprising. At least he got a cup.

Enjoy retirement, J-Bo

must be the cup but I totally forgot he started with florida. calgary I remember. he just always seems like a Blue to me and will always be one more than the others despite the short time there compared to calgary and florida.

happy retirement jay

Status
Not open for further replies.