• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ugh. I remember what I hate about playoff races (it's been so long!)
I have to cheer for the oilers tonight. *spits*

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are"

There was a Panthers fan at the swamp (I Can't Watch) who would not be laughing, but that's a good burn from Reilly.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad to see Mackinnon injured. In better news Mcdavid is supposed to back tonight for the Oilers so that's very good for an Oilers team that's been listless as of late.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has been prepping for this for years

I find it ironic that if you purchased a couple of cases of Bud, you could get tickets to a Coyotes home game. Now cases of Corona might stop you from attending games.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend is pissed. Had club seats with free food and drinks for tomorrow's game

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been wondering about that. What are these leagues going to do for the fans that have tickets to the events?
Unfortunately for him/that game, nothing because it was through work.

Apparently, they will be reimbursing us for games we have tickets for. I do have tickets for one game in a few weeks that was free, though, so I'm not sure what they'll do. I didn't pay for them, but they were perks for buying a ticket plan.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been wondering about that. What are these leagues going to do for the fans that have tickets to the events?

Refunds and exchanges are the only/best way.

But what about the people who are supposed to work at these events? I mean I occasionally work in the arena. My Son's program allows me to earn credit for hockey fees by working there, so this is costing me virtual dollars (was supposed to work Saturday) in addition to my ticket tomorrow.

But there are people who are losing actual dollars here. Entering the arena 3 hours before the games you get an education on the massive number of people it takes to run a game behind the scenes.

Not to mention the fucking insane amount of food that could go bad by not being served. Tons of money at stake here.

And I admit I will be pretty pissed if some concessions company gets a bailout and nothing goes to the people who man the registers and make the corn dogs.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id be surprised if anyone in the ticket buying public got a sniff of their money back. iirc, the canucks kept sth deposits during the lockout (true or false @mattola ?) and gave you interest on the amount (not enough interest to buy a beer to a future game though lol)

They used to do it for advance playoff ticket purchases too... team got knocked out and the money you paid stayed in your account for next seasons tickets. Now of course you could probably raise hell and theyd give it back to you, but back when the canucks were actually good and there was a wait list, few wanted to lose their seats.

now these are different times and youd hope for some compassion from teams but in the canucks case i wouldnt expect much from a franchise owner who doesnt provide drinking water to the farm workers he employs :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now these are different times and youd hope for some compassion from teams but in the canucks case i wouldnt expect much from a franchise owner who doesnt provide drinking water to the farm workers he employs :noidea:

Our owner is pretty decent dude, so I hope for something. Even if it's just straight up swap of tickets.

The rest is a question. Like most owners, he farms out the concessions.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id be surprised if anyone in the ticket buying public got a sniff of their money back. iirc, the canucks kept sth deposits during the lockout (true or false @mattola ?) and gave you interest on the amount (not enough interest to buy a beer to a future game though lol)

They used to do it for advance playoff ticket purchases too... team got knocked out and the money you paid stayed in your account for next seasons tickets. Now of course you could probably raise hell and theyd give it back to you, but back when the canucks were actually good and there was a wait list, few wanted to lose their seats.

Our playoff packages are "pay as you go".

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to end the season.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.