• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at Capfriendly and it wasn't adding up, hence the ask but that makes sense as i looked deeper.

Now when Hyman and Dermott come off of LTIR wonder what the plan will be?

Don't know if this link will work for you but I messed around a little and I've got $3k to spare and even an extra guy (Holl) in the press box.

Error - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at Capfriendly and it wasn't adding up, hence the ask but that makes sense as i looked deeper.

Dermott makes the same as Liljegren so that one's easy. Probably have to go with less than 23 players for more than a couple of games but it will be doable, they don't need to find that much room to fit Hyman.
Basically this. Pridham at work.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Nylander for Savard.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how this guy slipped to #39 (2nd round) in the 2016 draft, I guess there were concerns about his height and skating ability, but all he seems to do is put the puck in the net.

You would think all the analytics would identify that being small shouldn't be a disqualifier right away. I mean look at some guys like DeBrink, Atkinson, Marchand, Domi, Gaudreau, Zucc, Marchessault.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how this guy slipped to #39 (2nd round) in the 2016 draft, I guess there were concerns about his height and skating ability, but all he seems to do is put the puck in the net.
I blame Mark Hunter. We got 6'5 YEGOR KORSHKOV instead, who is just now playing his first season with the Marlies lol (to be fair he went through injury hell).

No word yet on if he likes soup.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think all the analytics would identify that being small shouldn't be a disqualifier right away. I mean look at some guys like DeBrink, Atkinson, Marchand, Domi, Gaudreau, Zucc, Marchessault.
Yeah was thinking the same as both of you.
Plenty of proof that if he can score goals he would succeed and any of the scouting reports read on him the only negative was his height. Pretty telling of the teams still were afraid to pick him due to that old way of thinking.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those guys didn't start putting up points until around 2016, though (right?). If he would have went on the 2017 draft, maybe it would be different.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those guys didn't start putting up points until around 2016, though (right?). If he would have went on the 2017 draft, maybe it would be different.
Gaudreau had put up 64 and 78 pt seasons by then. Nose was pretty established by then if not a league leader in points. St. Louis was one of the game's best. Kane and Tyler Johnson are both on the shorter side and were scoring big points around then.

The idea to not be scared to draft the small skilled guy was very much around by then. I think it came down more to trusting scouts - '16 was considered a very deep draft, there's only 13 guys taken ahead of DeBrincat who are yet to play a game and guys taken in the 4th and 6th rounds have played over 100 NHL games already.

Also, while I think he's the smallest guy taken in that draft (at least of guys who've made the show) short skilled guys went pretty high, too - Keller went 7th and is listed at 3" taller than DeBrincat, Jost and Steel are an inch taller, etc. 5 of the 8 guys taken ahead of him in the second round were under 6' too.

I think scouts just misjudged how well his game would translate to the pro's.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaudreau had put up 64 and 78 pt seasons by then. Nose was pretty established by then if not a league leader in points. St. Louis was one of the game's best. Kane and Tyler Johnson are both on the shorter side and were scoring big points around then.

The idea to not be scared to draft the small skilled guy was very much around by then. I think it came down more to trusting scouts - '16 was considered a very deep draft, there's only 13 guys taken ahead of DeBrincat who are yet to play a game and guys taken in the 4th and 6th rounds have played over 100 NHL games already.

Also, while I think he's the smallest guy taken in that draft (at least of guys who've made the show) short skilled guys went pretty high, too - Keller went 7th and is listed at 3" taller than DeBrincat, Jost and Steel are an inch taller, etc. 5 of the 8 guys taken ahead of him in the second round were under 6' too.

I think scouts just misjudged how well his game would translate to the pro's.

And people kept attributing his points to playing with McDingleberry and Strome.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people kept attributing his points to playing with McDingleberry and Strome.
Big time this. Ditto for Matt Tkachuk who might be the second overall pick if the draft were re-done today - everyone thought he was coasting off of Marner and Dvorak.

Funny how in both cases it was the centre who wound up being the disappointment in the pro's.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time this. Ditto for Matt Tkachuk who might be the second overall pick if the draft were re-done today - everyone thought he was coasting off of Marner and Dvorak.

Funny how in both cases it was the centre who wound up being the disappointment in the pro's.

I seem to recall that the Tkachuk thing was also about how well the skill set would translate/is he just pushing around kids? question as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBC crew for Nashville and Minny has Milbury and A. J. Mleczko

And it is painfully obvious how much better she understands the game than Mike does. Time to put shoe boy out to pasture.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next year....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBC crew for Nashville and Minny has Milbury and A. J. Mleczko

And it is painfully obvious how much better she understands the game than Mike does. Time to put shoe boy out to pasture.

Obligatory...

Status
Not open for further replies.