• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it's not a huge deal because of how rarely it happens. Plus, if you lose your two starting goalies - you're probably going to lose. I figured the ebug is just to get the game over with.
I feel the same. The league could just force them to play the rest of the game with an empty net or with a D just standing in the crease.

It seems to me like the EBUG idea is a carry-over from the days where teams often only had one goalie and not really something we need to accommodate any more.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same. The league could just force them to play the rest of the game with an empty net or with a D just standing in the crease.

It seems to me like the EBUG idea is a carry-over from the days where teams often only had one goalie and not really something we need to accommodate any more.

Agreed

When Kadri was with the Leafs, he said many times he would put on the pads in case of emergency. That is/should be another option for the team.

Hey, the Canes coulda declined the use of the 42 year old Zamboni driving Leaf employee. I didnt see Jake Gardner looking to increase his ice time.

In football, if a team loses both quarterbacks, someone goes in and the team goes with a whole lotta running plays. That what Carolina did. Put in "anybody" and play ferocious defense. And it worked.

Really dont see the issue here.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In typical NHL fashion, the league gets plenty of attention from people who otherwise would not even give the NHL a second thought and the NHL brain trust immediately tries to quash it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems to me like the EBUG idea is a carry-over from the days when goalies were tough and not really something we need to accommodate any more.

:fify:

ThirstyPoliteCheetah-max-1mb.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

When Kadri was with the Leafs, he said many times he would put on the pads in case of emergency. That is/should be another option for the team.

Hey, the Canes coulda declined the use of the 42 year old Zamboni driving Leaf employee. I didnt see Jake Gardner looking to increase his ice time.

In football, if a team loses both quarterbacks, someone goes in and the team goes with a whole lotta running plays. That what Carolina did. Put in "anybody" and play ferocious defense. And it worked.

Really dont see the issue here.
I'm pretty sure the NFL rule is that if both QBs get hurt in a game then the guy who rides the lawnmower for the stadium has to come in to finish the game.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the NFL rule is that if both QBs get hurt in a game then the guy who rides the lawnmower for the stadium has to come in to finish the game.
Is that why Baker's always hanging around the stadium after hours?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams are free to roster three goalies if they wish, it's just that no one does.

Why is this an issue? Simple. If you want to roster 3 goalies, go ahead. If you don't, you can either use the EBUG provided by the home team or play with 6 skaters.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams are free to roster three goalies if they wish, it's just that no one does.

Why is this an issue? Simple. If you want to roster 3 goalies, go ahead. If you don't, you can either use the EBUG provided by the home team or play with 6 skaters.
The league does limit how many goalies a team can dress to two.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe a rule change that would allow a third goalie on the roster to dress in case of injury.

Or maybe the backup goalie shouldnt go skating out to the blueline to race an opponent for the puck.

Just sayin'

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im saying the same thing. Why is this such a big issue ON BOTH SIDES lol

tweak the rule. Have the ebugs not be team employees or over 30. Done!

ohhhhhhh .... but we need Steven Colbert to talk about how wacky this supposed pro league looks for 10 minutes and then never talk about the sport again :noidea:

I’m with Woodley... establish a list of ebugs for each market and pay them ... BUT ... do a reality tv show with the tryouts ... on a lush tropical island ... and they have to compete in challenges ... and swap wives ... and search for immunity idols ... robidas island???

/might work ????

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with Woodley... establish a list of ebugs for each market and pay them ... BUT ... do a reality tv show with the tryouts ... on a lush tropical island ... and they have to compete in challenges ... and swap wives ... and search for immunity idols ... robidas island???

And hosted by Jeremy Roenick and Kathryn Tappen :nod:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the immunity idols be guys who have disappeared via LTIR and you have to search for them cause they’re buried in the sand

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they can healthy scratch/not dress up to three or four.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying. They declare the roster for the game, so the extra is not "dressed". I see. I guess whatever the rule tweak is that allows emergency replacements can specifically state "from the healthy scratch list" in that case.

im saying the same thing. Why is this such a big issue ON BOTH SIDES lol

tweak the rule. Have the ebugs not be team employees or over 30. Done!

ohhhhhhh .... but we need Steven Colbert to talk about how wacky this supposed pro league looks for 10 minutes and then never talk about the sport again :noidea:

/might work ????

The "not be team employees" might be the sticking point. Aren't most EBUGs practice players for their teams? I know the one in Columbus is. He's the tackling dummy for optional skates and working with the IR players. As well as being a low attention span having douchebag.

But again "use the local EBUG or play with 6 skaters". If you don't wanna use the provided EBUG, then have your own eat a contract spot or put your 6D back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.