• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is he doing?!?

If you had the heart to make it you would know!

(I assume he is pantomiming stickhandling through the cups/cones)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers/Knights tonight. Knights have been playing great hockey as of late. Wonder if the Oilers can end that winning streak of the Knights.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had the heart to make it you would know!

(I assume he is pantomiming stickhandling through the cups/cones)

OblongEducatedBasil-size_restricted.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just saw that episode recently. You get the same little handful all the time in syndication but most of them are really good ones at least.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is reviewing this because Carolina was pissed about the EBUG they were provided being in his 40s and a Leafs employee, all of which is kosher under the current rule, not because of anything the Leafs did or complained about.

I guess she felt like she needed some likes and retweets though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is reviewing this because Carolina was pissed about the EBUG they were provided being in his 40s and a Leafs employee, all of which is kosher under the current rule, not because of anything the Leafs did or complained about.

Brian Burke going off on this on Saturday night also had something to do with it, I reckon. That dude is such a wet blanket at times.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was more than just the canes who were upset. Friedman said in the intermission on the broadcast (and in 31 thoughts) that night that execs/people from around the league were blasting him with rage texts lol

they just need to tighten up the rule ... having the ebug be an employee of one of the teams is not a good look ... Is that explicitly allowed by the current rule or just not even referenced ?

it ended up being a feel good story but it could have been a huge embarrassment

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was more than just the canes who were upset. Friedman said in the intermission on the broadcast (and in 31 thoughts) that night that execs/people from around the league were blasting him with rage texts lol

they just need to tighten up the rule ... having the ebug be an employee of one of the teams is not a good look ... Is that explicitly allowed by the current rule or just not even referenced ?

This still doesn’t explain the “involving the Leafs” part.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol from 31 thoughts. the whole intro is very good
Prior to the Toronto call-up, Redquest said he had dressed just one other time for the Penguins, in Montreal: “Denis Herron broke his wrist, so they brought me in,” Redquest said. “At our practice, my skate blade breaks. I’m (on the bench) wearing Ken Dryden’s used skates. He’s a size 12 or 13. I’m a nine-and-a-half. We’re losing 9-1. A fan yells, ‘You must really stink if they won’t put you in.’”

Redquest confirmed one story that illustrates his fun-loving personality: He was traded by Roger Neilson from the 1973 Peterborough Petes for hitchhiking during a training run.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
more lulz:
Haula is an interesting guy. He’s got a chip on his shoulder, believing he deserves more of a role than he gets.
(In Minnesota, he was nicknamed “Haula-Famer” because of that.)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel it's not a huge deal because of how rarely it happens. Plus, if you lose your two starting goalies - you're probably going to lose. I figured the ebug is just to get the game over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.