• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive thing about the Flames last night (even though they lost the game) was at least they gave some pushback in the physical department against the Ducks. Nate Thompson was being especially chippy last night and Ferland got him to drop the gloves. I didn't see any of that kind of pushback a couple of years ago. Still would like to see more abuse handed out to Corey Perry, though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive thing about the Flames last night (even though they lost the game) was at least they gave some pushback in the physical department against the Ducks. Nate Thompson was being especially chippy last night and Ferland got him to drop the gloves. I didn't see any of that kind of pushback a couple of years ago. Still would like to see more abuse handed out to Corey Perry, though.

Hopefully the Flames didn't wait for 50 minutes to pass before they started, though.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what usually happens when someone dares play the Capitals with the same levels of chippy cheapness that the Caps themselves play with. You are flabbergasted that anyone could be that way. It's passive aggressive bullshit and quite tiresome.

That's not what passive aggressive is. I was directly critical of a couple of the BJs cheap shots. Never said the Caps were "holier than now" or that nobody should "dare" be chippy against them. At no point did I draw a comparison or say the Caps never do that. YOU inserted that into the convo. I called what I saw. As did you. Don't put words in my mouth.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Flames didn't wait for 50 minutes to pass before they started, though.

Nah, they were engaged pretty much right from the start, just some gaffes that ended up in the back of the Flames net, give credit to the Ducks though, a good team makes you pay for those kind of mistakes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can all get behind that. ;)

Ducks are definitely one of the physically toughest teams in the NHL.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportsnet.ca

I was happy to see Johnson included as the guy from COlumbus, then I saw how unlikely the rest is. Pens will buy Fleury out before letting Murray go. No way Wild lets Brodin walk for nothing.

Yakupov? HA

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a connoisseur of all things duck (that's a lie but I do like a good Peking duck) Perry takes his fair share. He gets more non-calls on him than probably anybody not named McJesus. Yeah, he deserves all of it and he brings it on himself but still, the amount of punches he absorbs after the whistle is tops in the league.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a connoisseur of all things duck (that's a lie but I do like a good Peking duck) Perry takes his fair share. He gets more non-calls on him than probably anybody not named McJesus. Yeah, he deserves all of it and he brings it on himself but still, the amount of punches he absorbs after the whistle is tops in the league.
Dirty secret: I love Perry and always will.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportsnet.ca

I was happy to see Johnson included as the guy from COlumbus, then I saw how unlikely the rest is. Pens will buy Fleury out before letting Murray go. No way Wild lets Brodin walk for nothing.

Yakupov? HA

Also from that article.

"A lot of people," Sportsnet insider Nick Kypreos reported in March, "believe that George McPhee is targeting Marc-Andre Fleury. Let's face it: He's the best goalie out there that is available, he can be a franchise type of player and might be the guy that ends up being the face of that franchise in the very near future."

pvXCtP5.gif

My guess is that THIS did some irreparable damage.

hqdefault.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that ^^^^ the origin of the phrase "wake up li'l snoozy"?

I wish it was, but no, it dates back to our time at the swamp (aka ESPN NHL General Board) where a mad dog and a puppy dawg had a daily scrap in the yard.

Last edited:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gudas does the same thing to Prout he gets off scott free.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs erupt for 3 goals in 43 seconds.

/That kid Matthews is now one shy of 40 goals

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it was, but no, it dates back to our time at the swamp (aka ESPN NHL General Board) where a mad dog and a puppy dawg had a daily scrap in the yard.

Those were the days, I used to laugh just reading that em yeah.

All-In-The-Family-tv-sp10.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Auston Matthews is now the highest scoring rookie in Leafs history with 67 points (and counting).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres starting to goon it up. Wonder if it might be a good game to double-shift the fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.