• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty, I don't know if it was an offside challenge you are referring to, but in my opinion that challenge should be eliminated from the game. Linesmen get that call right about 95% of the time and the other 5% is so damn close that it isn't worth worrying about. If a linesman botches an offside call badly (and it has happened), then he needs to find another line of work.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty, I don't know if it was an offside challenge you are referring to, but in my opinion that challenge should be eliminated from the game. Linesmen get that call right about 95% of the time and the other 5% is so damn close that it isn't worth worrying about...

Agreed. It's so ticky tacky and the time shifting element is really bizarre. I am consistently impressed with how often the linesmen get right that call often with only centimeters of difference between correct and wrong.

...If a linesman botches an offside call baldly (and it has happened), then he needs to find another line of work.

Baldist!! Bald people need to work, too.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty, I don't know if it was an offside challenge you are referring to, but in my opinion that challenge should be eliminated from the game. Linesmen get that call right about 95% of the time and the other 5% is so damn close that it isn't worth worrying about. If a linesman botches an offside call badly (and it has happened), then he needs to find another line of work.

Especially hate it when the challenge is brought up after like 3 minutes of zone time and the "offsides" had zero to do with the goal, and the original entry was only offsides because the skater had his back foot off the ice in stride, but literally the only part of him in the zone was his front skate and ankle.

I would be okay changing the rule to being a player is onside if any part of his body is outside the line at the time the puck crosses, whether on the ice or not.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers Acquire Al Montoya

This will fix their problems or this will help pave their way for another 1st overall pick?
mp2.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benning should have traded one of the canuck goalies to the coil when Talbot went down and the canuck goalies were still stopping pucks :L

Status
Not open for further replies.