• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of former Leafs, the Bruins-Pasternak standoff is starting to remind me a lot of the Bruins-Kessel standoff.

Had the Leafs not signed Marleau I would’ve gladly flipped two firsts and a second today for Pasternak. I get the feeling someone is going to pretty soon.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of former Leafs, the Bruins-Pasternak standoff is starting to remind me a lot of the Bruins-Kessel standoff.

Had the Leafs not signed Marleau I would’ve gladly flipped two firsts and a second today for Pasternak. I get the feeling someone is going to pretty soon.

Sam Bennett + Oliver Kylington for David Pastrnak

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bennett + Oliver Kylington for David Pastrnak
Bennett's trade value probably isn't too high right now, no? Which makes it weirder why they haven't agreed a contract yet. Should be an easy $2-2.5 deal.

If I'm the Flames RN though I probably just tell the B's to name their price. The farm is pretty stocked and the roster pretty full. They have a 2-3 year window right now assuming Smith isn't Elliott 2.0. Gaudreau-Monahan-Pasternak would probably be the best line in the West.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett's trade value probably isn't too high right now, no? Which makes it weirder why they haven't agreed a contract yet. Should be an easy $2-2.5 deal.

If I'm the Flames RN though I probably just tell the B's to name their price. The farm is pretty stocked and the roster pretty full. They have a 2-3 year window right now assuming Smith isn't Elliott 2.0. Gaudreau-Monahan-Pasternak would probably be the best line in the West.

Certainly better than Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland/Jagr - The only thing is I don't know how it would sit in the dressing room if Pastrnak is the highest paid player on the team. That said, I would sure like to find out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly better than Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland/Jagr - The only thing is I don't know how it would sit in the dressing room if Pastrnak is the highest paid player on the team. That said, I would sure like to find out.
I really don’t think that matters much to guys anymore. It’s a business. They get it.

I honestly think any notion to the contrary is cooked up by GM’s in negotiations, and for a while it did work pretty well but at this point I don’t think players/agents even entertain it unless the best player on the team is a McDavid type.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastrnak's an awesome player. Boston's playing hardball with him is going to soon come back to haunt them IMO.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rule changes for the upcoming season:

The NHL is making a very interesting rule change for the 2017-18 season, introducing a harsher penalty for one particular video review.

From now on, a failed offside challenge will result in a two-minute penalty against the club asking for the review. It’s a potentially powerful infraction. Can you imagine a team in a tight game giving up a goal it thought was offside, losing the challenge, then having to withstand an immediate power-play opportunity? It’s going to make bench bosses much more wary — and ratchet up the pressure on video coaches.

Incorrect goaltender interference reviews stay the same — the loss of your timeout. That’s probably a wise decision, since there’s much more grey area than with an offside call.

Another adjustment that will have strategic impact. Teams are no longer able to call timeout after icing the puck. The other club can still do so if it wishes, but tired defenders won’t be able to ask for the extra rest.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dollar amount for Bennett leaves some room to bring Jagrmeister on board.

/I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rule changes for the upcoming season:

The NHL is making a very interesting rule change for the 2017-18 season, introducing a harsher penalty for one particular video review.

From now on, a failed offside challenge will result in a two-minute penalty against the club asking for the review. It’s a potentially powerful infraction. Can you imagine a team in a tight game giving up a goal it thought was offside, losing the challenge, then having to withstand an immediate power-play opportunity? It’s going to make bench bosses much more wary — and ratchet up the pressure on video coaches.

Incorrect goaltender interference reviews stay the same — the loss of your timeout. That’s probably a wise decision, since there’s much more grey area than with an offside call.

Another adjustment that will have strategic impact. Teams are no longer able to call timeout after icing the puck. The other club can still do so if it wishes, but tired defenders won’t be able to ask for the extra rest.

Good changes

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
so it will just be the usual delay tactics of putting out too many skaters accidentally, or that pesky stick that breaks just before the faceoff
Wac bennett bridge deal :think:
not many others will, but I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.