• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Lucky Pierre on the cesspool carved up Coyotes management for their lack of moves at the trade deadline.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Wings playoff drive starts Saturday night in Edmonton.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Lucky Pierre on the cesspool carved up Coyotes management for their lack of moves at the trade deadline.
What moves, other than Vrbata, were there to make? Nobody wanted Shane Doan, contrary to what MSM guys like Dildo might think. They don't have any other UFA's. What's the issue?

Also, re: Vrbata, he's their highest scorer. He's one of the few veteran forwards on that team. They've let him go twice, letting him go again would probably mean he isn't coming back again. Maybe they want to keep him around and moving him for a spare part at the deadline wasn't worth antagonizing someone you want to keep. Why doesn't that make sense to people?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What moves, other than Vrbata, were there to make? Nobody wanted Shane Doan, contrary to what MSM guys like Dildo might think. They don't have any other UFA's. What's the issue?

Also, re: Vrbata, he's their highest scorer. He's one of the few veteran forwards on that team. They've let him go twice, letting him go again would probably mean he isn't coming back again. Maybe they want to keep him around and moving him for a spare part at the deadline wasn't worth antagonizing someone you want to keep. Why doesn't that make sense to people?

I also have a feeling that Yotes GM John Chayka is probably not well liked or has not been welcomed into the GM fraternity and nobody is looking to due him any favo(u)rs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have a feeling that Yotes GM John Chayka is probably not well liked or has not been welcomed into the GM fraternity and nobody is looking to due him any favo(u)rs.
Maybe. Brian Burke definitely isn't his biggest fan lol.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the florida PANS hockey stats nerds have managed to make trades with the old guard

maybe the difference here is Chaykas old stats company did business/had contracts with alot of nhl teams prior to him becoming a GM ... they paid for the services ... and thought he was full of shit ? :noidea:

/but then wouldnt that make you want to deal with him??? lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't. Vegas would be loony to take him.

I heard similar about the Sens and Ryan.

The Sens don't have to ask Ryan, his conditions allow him to be exposed.

There are rumours that they might ask Dion to waive his so that they won't have to expose one of Methot or Ceci. Phaneuf has played well enough this year that he might get taken though, which would suck. He has a high cap hit (good for Vegas to reach the floor) with comparatively less actual money being paid (good for Vegas because a non-contender might not want to spend a ton of money). Unlikely they'd take him but not 100%.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Wings playoff drive starts Saturday night in Edmonton.

Ten points and seven teams back so I'm gonna go with:

zxl58Pv.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get any lower than 7 teams back - all in!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sens don't have to ask Ryan, his conditions allow him to be exposed.

There are rumours that they might ask Dion to waive his so that they won't have to expose one of Methot or Ceci. Phaneuf has played well enough this year that he might get taken though, which would suck. He has a high cap hit (good for Vegas to reach the floor) with comparatively less actual money being paid (good for Vegas because a non-contender might not want to spend a ton of money). Unlikely they'd take him but not 100%.
Sorry, it was indeed Dion I had heard about. It was whether they would or not on Ryan.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think if he's exposed Phaneuf will go to Vegas. Veteran defenseman who has plenty of playing experience and could very well be their #1 defenseman.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maurice takes jab at Leafs for using age excuse - Article - TSN

When asked about his team’s struggles in their own end in reference to the youth on his team, Maurice said he wouldn’t use age as an excuse.

“The mistakes that I made, I did just a horrible job in relation to my colleague Mike Babcock in selling our age and the mistakes,” Maurice said facetiously Friday. “So, when they've lost a game it's just a wonderful learning experience and they win it's a triumph of character and we have the opposite thing going on here, right.

“So, but that's my choice because I don't ever want to walk in to a season to say we aren't here to win the Stanley Cup.”

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul, your team is on its second decade of "rebuilding". You've made the playoffs in 2 of the last 10 seasons in which you've coached an NHL team.

Babcock's team is in year 2 of a rebuild. If he has anything resembling your record 3 years from now he will be fired, not given an extension like your GM (who is also bad at his job) said yesterday he plans to give you.

Comparing your situation in any way shape or form to Babcock's is ridiculous. You're just kinda shit at what you do.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think if he's exposed Phaneuf will go to Vegas. Veteran defenseman who has plenty of playing experience and could very well be their #1 defenseman.

I like the way you think
jack_johnson_columbus.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul, your team is on its second decade of "rebuilding". You've made the playoffs in 2 of the last 10 seasons in which you've coached an NHL team.

Babcock's team is in year 2 of a rebuild. If he has anything resembling your record 3 years from now he will be fired, not given an extension like your GM (who is also bad at his job) said yesterday he plans to give you.

Comparing your situation in any way shape or form to Babcock's is ridiculous. You're just kinda shit at what you do.

BBB is a fine poster, I just wish he would stop beating around the bush and say what's really on his mind.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate NHL.tv for not including a subscription for NHL Network games like MLB.tv does for MLB Network games. They don't even give you the option to pay a little extra to get access to those games, which I would, since the Pens seem to be blacked out for me once a week because NHL Network picks up their games. The service is transparent about this when you buy it, saying you could be blacked out of up to 30 of your team's games (which is ridiculous), but it shouldn't be that hard to incorporate NHL Network games somehow into the service while still profiting.

At the very least, they could reimburse customers for games they get blacked out of if the team they list as their favorite or the team to which they subscribed gets picked up nationally.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames needed the LA Kings clock guy tonight - Off to OT.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael freaking Backlund after a big save by Moose. Flames lucky to pull this one out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.