• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andersen's been hit or miss. If there were 3 finalists he'd be among them but Matthews and Marner have been unreal. Matthews gets it for me because of his two-way play.

Like Kenny said, neither team's defence is impressive. Both have a lot of bottom 6 holes, too. I'd say both teams are at the same stage in terms of being close to a Cup but neither are anywhere near contention.

I'd say it's one of Ottawa or Montreal that is closest (double vomit) but unless one of their GM's peels off the safety film and trades assets to go for it while the window is open neither is getting past the conference final and the only reason either of them would be there is because the Atlantic is a shit-fuelled barn fire and the NHL's playoff structure is ridiculous.

I also think if the Flames ever got their hands on a goalie they could make some noise.

Yeah. I think Ottawa, and probably Montreal, need to get a true number 1 C. Kyle Turris is great but he needs to be a number two or at least 1A with a great 2-way guy like Bergeron (prime). Maybe in 2-3 years Colin White becomes that guy or Logan Brown becomes that big C everyone is looking for, but they probably need to go after a player like Tavares to be true Cup contenders.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think Ottawa, and probably Montreal, need to get a true number 1 C. Kyle Turris is great but he needs to be a number two or at least 1A with a great 2-way guy like Bergeron (prime). Maybe in 2-3 years Colin White becomes that guy or Logan Brown becomes that big C everyone is looking for, but they probably need to go after a player like Tavares to be true Cup contenders.
I think they should be all over Duchene. They're probably asking for White+ but I'm not sure I don't give that up for him. Him and Stone could be a deadly combo.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should be all over Duchene. They're probably asking for White+ but I'm not sure I don't give that up for him. Him and Stone could be a deadly combo.

Rumours are the Avalanche are insisting on Chabot, which I wouldn't want either.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Kane with 269 career goals is now tied with Sylvain Turgeon, whose card young Kane appeared on in the 90's (upper right)

C4WVEuCVcAEIeQY.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours are the Avalanche are insisting on Chabot, which I wouldn't want either.
I understand that sentiment but at some point the team needs to decide if they want to win now or look toward the future. Ottawa's unique financial situation (that I'm guessing is only going to get tighter if they plow money into a new downtown arena) means having a strong pipeline (heh) is important to the continued viability of the team.

But honestly, the Sens probably have a top ten farm right now. They have a team that might be able to squeeze into a Cup with a couple of good trades. They have the best defenceman in the league in his prime. Some key guys (Anderson, Methot, Phaneuf, Brassard) are pushing into their early/mid 30s and may start slowing down. They have a new coach who's message is still fresh and the team is responding to it. And of course, there's the very real chance that if they don't get Duchene he winds up a Hab instead and the Sens lose twice by not making a move. Moving a top prospect and a pick or two for a guy who'd be capable of being the team's top scorer on its top line playing a premium position and signed for good money until 2019 would be well worth the risk in my eyes.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possible benefit to adding Duchene to the Sens would be the remote possibility that he might even be able to get Bobby Ryan going. I'd still start him off playing with Stone but experimenting once in a while and seeing if there's chemistry, if there were any benefit at all, it would be like getting two good players in one trade.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Kane with 269 career goals is now tied with Sylvain Turgeon, whose card young Kane appeared on in the 90's (upper right)

C4WVEuCVcAEIeQY.jpg
That belongs in the Freaking Cool thread, because that is freaking cool!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that sentiment but at some point the team needs to decide if they want to win now or look toward the future. Ottawa's unique financial situation (that I'm guessing is only going to get tighter if they plow money into a new downtown arena) means having a strong pipeline (heh) is important to the continued viability of the team.

But honestly, the Sens probably have a top ten farm right now. They have a team that might be able to squeeze into a Cup with a couple of good trades. They have the best defenceman in the league in his prime. Some key guys (Anderson, Methot, Phaneuf, Brassard) are pushing into their early/mid 30s and may start slowing down. They have a new coach who's message is still fresh and the team is responding to it. And of course, there's the very real chance that if they don't get Duchene he winds up a Hab instead and the Sens lose twice by not making a move. Moving a top prospect and a pick or two for a guy who'd be capable of being the team's top scorer on its top line playing a premium position and signed for good money until 2019 would be well worth the risk in my eyes.

I can't really argue with this. It's tough though, getting a player like Duchene doesn't guarantee anything.

As for the Canadian team closest I closest to the Cup I'd go with the Jets. Their core is ridiculously good and young. IMO, they could be just a coaching change (maybe a veteran goalie) away from truly competing in a declining western conference.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sbisa looks like he's on Tankcouver based on that giveaway.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sbisa looks like he's on Tankcouver based on that giveaway.

And yet leads the d in ice time todays game

I thought willie wanted to make the playoffs

Undercover tank coach?

Naw ... Not smart enough ... hes just doing it wrong

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutton with the giveaway, then a perfect screen followed by a glare from Millsy. That's a hat trick in about 5 seconds.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why isnt horvat on the ice in the final minute?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U still wanna win right willie?

Lol horvat named second star ... yet...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the Ducks play in awhile. Man... they sure are a team of dirty shitbags, amirite?

Haven't seen this many dangerous cheap shots in one game in awhile.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the Ducks play in awhile. Man... they sure are a team of dirty shitbags, amirite?

Haven't seen this many dangerous cheap shots in one game in awhile.

Haven't watched a minute of this game but let me guess:

Keslers gonna Kesle

and

Corey Perry can eat a bag of dicks!!

Amirite???

Status
Not open for further replies.