• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm ... 6 point up on canucks with canucks having 3 games in hand ... thats not good lol

Hey, the Canucks are all in for the playoffs this season, the Sedins are staying put, Miller might be re-signing with the team, full steam ahead am I right?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Canucks are all in for the playoffs this season, the Sedins are staying put, Miller might be re-signing with the team, full steam ahead am I right?

1 outta 4 aint bad imo

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of term and a lot of clutter bucks.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news about Kevin Stevens, man I know that painkillers are a necessity for some folks, but the addictive nature of those drugs is very dangerous.

Kevin Stevens pleads guilty to drug charge - Article - TSN

Yeah. Sounds like a guy who has some addiction issues. He was busted for coke back in the day too, wasn't he?

Anyway. Oxy is powerful stuff. I had knee surgery a couple months back and got a prescription for a whack of them. I cut myself off after like 4 days though. I could feel my self relying on them just a little for sleep, obviously pain and for just feeling good. I still have the rest of the pills in case of any setbacks (or injuries) and every now and then I get a little urge to pop one after a long day. They're addictive as hell for the wrong people.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Sounds like a guy who has some addiction issues. He was busted for coke back in the day too, wasn't he?

Anyway. Oxy is powerful stuff. I had knee surgery a couple months back and got a prescription for a whack of them. I cut myself off after like 4 days though. I could feel my self relying on them just a little for sleep, obviously pain and for just feeling good. I still have the rest of the pills in case of any setbacks (or injuries) and every now and then I get a little urge to pop one after a long day. They're addictive as hell for the wrong people.
I had a procedure done last week. Surgeon prescribed Oxy. I bought a half quarter of weed (haven't been a regular user in many many years) and used that instead. Worked great and I'm totally not addicted. I swear. Definitely don't have a rolled j sitting in my cupholder.

Only problem was when I returned to work it was hurting pretty bad and I couldn't really pop out for a doob ya know.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... i dont think Gillis or Gilman would have signed Clusterfuck to that deal ... timing is everything lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might have given him a NTC though lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i had my diverticulitis episode i was given hydrocodone ... Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... did become ... comfortably numb

I said to myself that I didnt want to keep taking the stuff and stopped with about 10 pills left in the bottle

cleaning the med cabinet and recently saw it still there and the devil on my shoulder said ... "you know ... you could probably sell those :noidea: "

/douche meter increased

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to suss out a solution to the opioid problem is a major goal of a lot of the research groups in my department, some trying to better understand what they do in the body to become addictive, others trying to develop non-addictive alternatives.

Getting the pharmaceutical lobby out of the decision on marijuana would be a great step, though, to providing a non-addictive alternative. There's some promise in peptide-based drugs, but they're still in the discovery phase, and aren't likely to hit the market for 5-10 years, unfortunately.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaning the med cabinet and recently saw it still there and the devil on my shoulder said ... "you know ... you could probably sell those :noidea: "

For various reasons, we probably have $5,000 (street value) of oxy, hydrocodone, and others in our cabinet. Besides bad luck (ruptured colon, ruptured disc, dental implant, etc) we have so much of it because it just doesn't seem to give the wife or I any actual relief. So the prescription goes unused, and accumulates.

Plus, they hand out scrips in this part of the world for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.