• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That is literally one of the dumbest DUI stories I’ve ever read.
this part was cute

Deputies said when they asked Brunette for his documents, he provided the registration and insurance for the golf cart, but handed over his wife’s driver’s license and stated it was because he wasn’t driving, according to the arrest report.

Think About It GIF by Identity

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this part was cute

Deputies said when they asked Brunette for his documents, he provided the registration and insurance for the golf cart, but handed over his wife’s driver’s license and stated it was because he wasn’t driving, according to the arrest report.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Reminds me of the time Peter Worrell pretended to be Andreas Lilja :D

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Worrell identified himself as another NHL player and former teammate when he was arrested last month on a traffic violation, according to a police report.

Worrell was driving an SUV owned by Andreas Lilja when he was pulled over Dec. 6 in Pompano Beach for driving with an expired tag, according to an arrest report from the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Worrell, who is 6-foot-7 and black, repeatedly identified himself as Lilja, a 6-foot-3 Swede who is white, Deputy Lionel Davis wrote in his report.

"After asking the defendant several times his name, Worrell continued to deliberately falsify and obstruct my investigation," Davis wrote. The officer said he cleared up the misidentification when he found Worrell's passport in the SUV.

The two were teammates with the Florida Panthers in 2002-03.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell is even the Vegas Mascot?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this is purely the cause and effect but man the league is fucking boring right now.

/I think the board ads are playing a bit of a role there too.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least my team has some entertainment value in this pond hockey league lol
Pretty much every opponent of my team has entertainment value when they play except maybe for Columbus.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this is purely the cause and effect but man the league is fucking boring right now.

/I think the board ads are playing a bit of a role there too.

I will never understand why ESPN went ahead and gave everyone the ability to watch any NHL game they want as part of their Disney/Hulu subscription, but then blacks out all local games. Basically pushing every cord cutter to pirate the games. I pay 20 bucks a month on a streaming only cable package with my local cable company in a bundle with my Internet. Otherwise I couldn't legally watch any games of my local team.

Internet savvy young people are watching games for free and the league isn't making a penny off of them because they make it a hassle to actually see games. The same fans they say they are courting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every opponent of my team has entertainment value when they play except maybe for Columbus.
Hey! 4 point games are always exciting.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my math that leaves the Caps about $20 mil in cap space next season barring a bump with 8 forwards, 2 goalies and 1 defenceman signed.

Bold strategy.