• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trouba's a dirty mf, but i have no problem with that hit.
led with shoulder, not a charge, didn't target head, and Nosek had the puck.

Yeah, word for word, I agree with puck (especially the dirty mf part :D)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've joked about this in the past, but Auston wants it to happen...Estadio Iceteca. make it so.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think you even need to be a goalie to get this one...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milan Lucic taking an “indefinite leave of absence” from team after an alleged domestic incident. Statement from the Bruins: “The Boston Bruins are aware of an incident involving Milan Lucic Friday evening. Milan is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team. The organization takes these matters very seriously and will work with the Lucic family to provide any support and assistance they may need. We will have no further comment at this time." Obviously a very unfortunate situation in what was supposed to be a feel good story with his return to Boston.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think you even need to be a goalie to get this one...

police-car-siren.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milan Lucic taking an “indefinite leave of absence” from team after an alleged domestic incident. Statement from the Bruins: “The Boston Bruins are aware of an incident involving Milan Lucic Friday evening. Milan is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team. The organization takes these matters very seriously and will work with the Lucic family to provide any support and assistance they may need. We will have no further comment at this time." Obviously a very unfortunate situation in what was supposed to be a feel good story with his return to Boston.

Cavemen assholes tend to do caveman asshole things.

News at 11.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have gone with roid rage.

I think it is well documented that Lucic has had substance abuse issues in his past (more alcohol/drugs than PED's) and also had to deal with his father committing suicide a few years ago. This obviously does not excuse his behavior, but it likely explains that his mental health is pretty fragile and he certainly needs to seek out some professional help. Some time away from hockey is also certainly needed.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is well documented that Lucic has had substance abuse issues in his past (more alcohol/drugs than PED's) and also had to deal with his father committing suicide a few years ago. This obviously does not excuse his behavior, but it likely explains that his mental health is pretty fragile and he certainly needs to seek out some professional help. Some time away from hockey is also certainly needed.
did not know his father committed suicide.

i also didn't realize he was traded to the Kings before signing in Edmonton

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely has some issues. Police were called at least once before because he was involved in an altercation with his significant other. Nothing came of it that first time other than him yelling at cops, demanding whether "they knew who he was?!", but this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. This happened in 2011, well before his father's passing.

He probably needs some professional help but apparently his wife has alleged that he tried to choke her. This is a huge powerful athlete. That is a terrifying and dangerous situation for the victim. He should probably be getting that professional help in a correctional facility.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw CTE into the mix while I'm at it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, at least the NHL isn't like the ATP and actually has a domestic abuse policy that addresses these types of situations when they occur. I know the majority of regulars here likely don't follow tennis as closely as I do, but Alexander Zverev has now been involved in two cases where he's abused his girlfriend and was recently found guilty in a German court of a similar abuse of his ex-wife. There have been crickets from the ATP about this and he continues to play on the tour like it's no big deal.