• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One week till the draft....make your predictions

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With one week till the draft, make your predictions. Here are mine:

* 5 QB's drafted in the first round just missing tying the record from 1983's draft.
* I think we will see some record breaking first round trades. A few teams will bet several future draft picks to move up. This may be the most exciting first round in NFL history.
* This will be the longest first round in draft history (because of all the trades)

Anyone else want to make any predictions?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "some record breaking trades"? You mean the most by number or the largest moves up or something else

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "some record breaking trades"? You mean the most by number or the largest moves up or something else
I think it might be a combination of both. I tried to look up what the records were in regards to trades, but couldn't find much on it.

I don't think we'll see a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type trade, but I think we could see the biggest volume of good picks and overall trades in the first round.

Again, I don't even know what that record would be. Kinda talking out of butt like usual. :D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be a combination of both. I tried to look up what the records were in regards to trades, but couldn't find much on it.

I don't think we'll see a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type trade, but I think we could see the biggest volume of good picks and overall trades in the first round.

Again, I don't even know what that record would be. Kinda talking out of butt like usual. :D
stink-ace.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's always hard to predict but always a fun night and NEVER goes as the "experts" think even though their mocks seem to be used by 90% of fans as a barometer of where a player should go and lead to 90% of the "they reached too early" or "he was a steal" stupid comments we will surely read all night and for the next few weeks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half of the draft will be dominated by offensive players (12 out of the top 14 would be my initial guess) so a lot of the playoff teams will likely be picking defensive prospects.

As such, I think the Bills will likely trade up for Brian Thomas Jr or AD Mitchell.

Teams needing interior OL and slot receivers will be okay trading back because those areas are really deep.

I think there is a really good chance the Falcons and Chargers trade back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half of the draft will be dominated by offensive players (12 out of the top 14 would be my initial guess) so a lot of the playoff teams will likely be picking defensive prospects.

As such, I think the Bills will likely trade up for Brian Thomas Jr or AD Mitchell.

Teams needing interior OL and slot receivers will be okay trading back because those areas are really deep.

I could see the Bears possibly trading back too. Of course Vikings being the team to make the move to 5

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2023 NFL Draft there was a record 43 trades.
Six trades in the 1st round alone. That will be tough to top imo but could happen.

In 2019, there were 40 trades. The previous record.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about the Bills. They've reportedly met with McConkley on multiple steps in this process.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was quite the debate not so long ago...
LOL, actually yeah you're right. I still recall soooooooo vividly during the regular season that a sizable percentage of Bears fans, including yours truly, were counting on Fields to improve to the point that we didn't need to draft any QB and instead count on the immense haul we'd receive in return from trading the pick. Obviously that turned into a crushing failure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, actually yeah you're right. I still recall soooooooo vividly during the regular season that a sizable percentage of Bears fans, including yours truly, were counting on Fields to improve to the point that we didn't need to draft any QB and instead count on the immense haul we'd receive in return from trading the pick. Obviously that turned into a crushing failure.

It's the wrong way to look at it though IMO. Glass half full is that they gained a #1 pick from a trade last year that allowed them to upgrade at QB and avoid any stress over the 5th year option (and/or extension) with Fields.

Of course, Fields must be looking at the upgrades to the Bears' offense and thinking WTF, where was that for me lol?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crushing failure? You did get a 6th round pick in return for him that could turn into a 4th round pick. It's like a US savings bond...that puppy will pay out one day!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crushing failure? You did get a 6th round pick in return for him that could turn into a 4th round pick. It's like a US savings bond...that puppy will pay out one day!
LOL, yeah a next year conditional 6th for a 1st round pick, who was traded up to acquire to begin with. No doubt, the Bears made out like bandits.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah a next year conditional 6th for a 1st round pick, who was traded up to acquire to begin with. No doubt, the Bears made out like bandits.
You forgot that there is a chance it could be a 4th round pick!

Regardless, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Don’t underestimate the value of that trade!

:D

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Round 1:
  • 4 QBs go in the first (3 in the top 10)
  • More CBs taken than WRs (6 to 5)
  • Latu goes in the top 10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers:

Rd 1: C, OT or DB... Barton/Frazier, Fautanu/Mims or Wiggins/Dejean
Rd 2: C or DB or WR... Powers-Johnson/SVP, Melton/Phillips, or Legette/Pearsall
Rd 3: Whatever they don't take in Rd 1-2...

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 QBs in the 1st 10 picks. 5 QBs in the top 15 picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Round 1:
  • 4 QBs go in the first (3 in the top 10)
  • More CBs taken than WRs (6 to 5)
  • Latu goes in the top 10
I just posted on the Bears board that Latu has been climbing numerous draft boards of late, and just might be the Bears pick at #9.