• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One thing I'd like to know

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is how often we throw screen passes to our RBs compared to other teams. It seems like we'd be at the bottom of the league in terms of throwing to our backs this and last season, no?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we literally never throw screen passes

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been screaming for this all season! If out wrs can't get open run some screens for rbs. Heck even Kyle Williams.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can recall more WR screen plays than I can RB screen plays.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone expected that to be James's role, but they don't even try. I don't know what else it could mean beside he's been disappointing them in practice.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good topic...we never run designed screens to RB..and only once in a great while will we run screens to a WR..bubble screen. In fact, in general we don't throw enough passes to RBs in general...ala the so called WCO. When we have thrown to our FB we have been fairly successful this year though we rarely do it. 1 and at max. 2 times a game. We also don't draw enough. This has been true under A.Smith as well. Just an observation...noticed this for a long time about screens. BTW watching O vs. W pac12 today..Huff running nice routes and having great game. Liking the DBs of Oregon as well.
:agree:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is how often we throw screen passes to our RBs compared to other teams. It seems like we'd be at the bottom of the league in terms of throwing to our backs this and last season, no?

Geez, how many times can we re-hash this same old question. Move along already!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not against throwing ANY RB screens, but in general it takes too long to develop. most teams don't run it much if at all? for me, not a problem if we don't call it.

also wondering if Kaep can do those short, TOUCH passes to the RB?

i'd rather Kaep just sets and throws, guess this means more crossing or 'rub' routes?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not against throwing ANY RB screens, but in general it takes too long to develop. most teams don't run it much if at all? for me, not a problem if we don't call it.

i'd rather Kaep just sets and throws, guess this means more crossing or 'rub' routes?
RB screens are quick to develop. Gore is a good receiver and Kap throws darts....a good combo for this play. The problem with Kap is that he can't put a soft touch on his longer passes...still darts. Not to mention him staring down anybody he is going to throw to so a screen play is better for him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap might knock over a rb on a screen pass

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can recall more WR screen plays than I can RB screen plays.

Gore, Hunter, can excel at it too if given the opportunity. It doesn't necessarily has to be the fast guy's role. Gore is extremely dangerous in space.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I disagree. I think with our OL we could be a very good screen team. Especially throwing them to Hunter (and James, but I see James as a lesser version of Hunter in many ways)

I don't think it's the presence of Kap either, because we didn't run them with Smith either. I don't think Kap would have any issues throwing the screen.

Generally, screens are one of the safer pass plays. That's why they're common on 3rd and long.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staley is an excellent blocker in space. against the texans, we could have burned them badly on the outside, but we rarely went there.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone expected that to be James's role, but they don't even try. I don't know what else it could mean beside he's been disappointing them in practice.

Yeah in the preseason as well as practice reports, he seemed to excel in that situation. Regular season-nothing though so far. Maybe Hunter is just so good, they don't even consider it?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman loves to get cute on offense, but he draws the line at screen passes and reverses.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We havent run a screen in ages.... come on now, where ya'll been?!?!?! lol

I forgot who, maybe Dodub? or Three? but someone joked that the reason we tend to suffer vs the screen on defense was because we never run any screens during practice on offense lol... i thought that was funny as sh*t....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week04Sack01.gif

The 49ers do have some shitty luck when they do try to run screen passes. Not only did they have a blitzer, but Kap's spy in the middle was all over it and the defensive linemen did a good job of recognizing and following the offensive linemen to the right.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it might be pretty hard to run screen passes when teams designate a QB spy.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week04Sack01.gif

The 49ers do have some shitty luck when they do try to run screen passes. Not only did they have a blitzer, but Kap's spy in the middle was all over it and the defensive linemen did a good job of recognizing and following the offensive linemen to the right.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it might be pretty hard to run screen passes when teams designate a QB spy.

we need to be taking advantage of that with vernon or mcdonald