• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One thing everybody is forgetting about UT/BYU

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're supposed to be impressed because in a decade, USC has played 1 ranked team on the road OOC...Please. Home and Homes with Hawaii, Syracuse, Virginia and San Jose St...that's impressive to you? Even Notre Dame has been a lifeless corpse over that span....with the exception of last year, when they beat you at home.

I will take neutral site games against Virginia Tech, Michigan, Clemson, West Virginia and Wisconsin any day over that collection of shit.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Bama fans waste so much time responding to these threads. I would have a keyboard macro that just did this:

"My team won 3 of the last 4 national championships. What exactly did you say again?" :noidea:

That's all I would do. Then again, I am a Dawg and all I can do is:

"NC - 1980. Pre-season NC - 1981-present." :bawling:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt BYU is a good football team, and it definitely ain't easy going into provo and coming out a winner. However, a team that wants to compete for a title or even a BCS bowl game, has no business getting dominated by BYU, no matter the location.

Notre Dame barely beat them, Boise barely beat them, and Utah barely beat them last year, 3 losses by a touchdown total, each of which they could have easily won with a break or two. All of those games were on the road. Name any team in the country with the sack to play those programs in any setting.

So you are right, BYU is a damn good team.

I am seeing, however, that our dear Longhorn fans still can't admit that they just aren't as good as BYU or maybe a dozen other "lower budget" schools. Texas is a mediocre football team. Admit it, Longhorns, and you will start to get better.

The truth? Texas is perhaps the worst program in the nation if you look at their overall budget, and the quality of product they put up on the field. $105 million annual budget, they pay Mack Brown over $5 million a year, they get the best players in Texas (supposedly) every year, and they have one of the most storied traditions in all football in a state that lives, breathes, and sleeps football.

All this and they get smacked around by a bunch more famous for wearing white shirts and riding bicycles.:laugh3:

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DppefLN.jpg

Not to make light of the great thing nebraska football did, just thought this was funny.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame barely beat them, Boise barely beat them, and Utah barely beat them last year, 3 losses by a touchdown total, each of which they could have easily won with a break or two. All of those games were on the road. Name any team in the country with the sack to play those programs in any setting.

I am seeing, however, that our dear Longhorn fans still can't admit that they just aren't as good as BYU or maybe a dozen other "lower budget" schools. Texas is a mediocre football team. Admit it, Longhorns, and you will start to get better.

The truth? Texas is perhaps the worst program in the nation if you look at their overall budget, and the quality of product they put up on the field. $105 million annual budget, they pay Mack Brown over $5 million a year, they get the best players in Texas (supposedly) every year, and they have one of the most storied traditions in all football in a state that lives, breathes, and sleeps football.

All this and they get smacked around by a bunch more famous for wearing white shirts and riding bicycles.:laugh3:

Smiles ... I insist you stop posting rational posts. I am actually starting to like you. Please post some stupid BSU crap so my posting life can return to normal. :whistle:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
What longhorn fan said that Texas is better than BYU? Who are you addressing this to?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Texas travelled to BYU, I think they lost by about 50 points.

This was actually an improvement.

Provo is where Longhorns go to die.

No other game scared me on the schedule more than that game.

It was the ultimate trap game on the schedule.

A true nighttime road game, at altitude, after a likely blowout, and before the big game versus an SEC team.

I thought they might lose. I was not surprised they lost.

But, the quitting was a bit embarrassing on defense.

Interestingly enough, BYU has the highest winning percentage and margin of victory vs. Texas of any school with at least 4 meetings.

Heck, the 1 Texas win was a miraculous 1 point comeback win at home vs BYUs backup QB.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how much credit does BYU deserve for running the same play over and over?

Seriously...you can't even do that on the xbox for that long before the AI adjusts.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I see this thread it pizzez me off...Time to chime in on er.

Beavers beat the crappers out of BYU last year in Provo and somehow find a way to lose to Texazz in the Alamo, makes no sense to me.:gaah:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're supposed to be impressed because in a decade, USC has played 1 ranked team on the road OOC...Please. Home and Homes with Hawaii, Syracuse, Virginia and San Jose St...that's impressive to you? Even Notre Dame has been a lifeless corpse over that span....with the exception of last year, when they beat you at home.

I will take neutral site games against Virginia Tech, Michigan, Clemson, West Virginia and Wisconsin any day over that collection of shit.

Well over that span several quality home And home opponents. Sec fans may not even know what that term means. It's where you get a game at home and ACTUALLY play in the teams stadium the following year. So Ohio st, Nebraska, Virginia tech, Arkansas, auburn. Just to name a few. Your team doesn't play anyone on the road at all OOC. I'm sure if any quality team contacts Alabama AD about scheduling a home and home series it doesn't get very far when they discuss Alabama makin a trip for a true road game. So yeah they have won championships cool. Seems to me favorable schedule has impacted that. Hell find me another team that refuses to play OOC road games.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is giving BYU mad props for playing a fucking good game. Not making an excuse here, BYU were freakin studs Sat night. Their defense played mistake free football for the majority of the game and were some hard hitting dudes. That LB #3 Van Noy, dude will be a 1st or 2nd rounder this year and will be starting on Sundays. I saw a stat that BYU is something like 48-12 at home since 2002, so it's not like going into Provo was going to be easy. I watched the BYU and UVA game and the BYU team that played UVA was nothing what we saw Sat night. Taysom Hill looked like shit against UVA; he looked like the frontrunner for the Heisman Sat night. Playing at home and at night with a program like The University of Texas coming to town will get your players and fans pumped up no matter what. With the way BYU played Saturday, I doubt any team would have beaten them. I also noticed nobody gives Texas props for traveling to Provo, seeing how the majority of powerhouse programs wouldn't have the sack to schedule that type of game.

Everybody needs to give BYU some credit for playing a damn good game......

Well said. I watched Taysom Hill play in high school, he was the team, what a stud

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well over that span several quality home And home opponents. Sec fans may not even know what that term means. It's where you get a game at home and ACTUALLY play in the teams stadium the following year. So Ohio st, Nebraska, Virginia tech, Arkansas, auburn. Just to name a few. Your team doesn't play anyone on the road at all OOC. I'm sure if any quality team contacts Alabama AD about scheduling a home and home series it doesn't get very far when they discuss Alabama makin a trip for a true road game. So yeah they have won championships cool. Seems to me favorable schedule has impacted that. Hell find me another team that refuses to play OOC road games.

So Ohio st, Nebraska, Virginia tech, Arkansas, auburn. Just to name a few.

You mean just to name them all...and Virginia Tech was a Neutral site game(as was Syracuse last year btw), you can't have your cake and eat it too. The only one that was ranked was Ohio St.

Your team doesn't play anyone on the road at all OOC. I'm sure if any quality team contacts Alabama AD about scheduling a home and home series it doesn't get very far when they discuss Alabama making a trip for a true road game.

Do you routinely just pull shit out of your ass throw it up here and not expect to be called on it...We've played Home and Homes with Oklahoma and Penn St. over that span and have Michigan St. on our future home and home schedule...all ranked BTW.

As for the neutral site games...if your team doesn't want the 5-6 million and top ten opponent that these games typically bring, so be it, but saying it is somehow less of a game is LAME.

So keep bragging about your schedule and playing no FCS opponents while you bring in the Arkansas St, Utah St. and Idaho's of the world...a shit team is a shit team, pretending otherwise is only fooling yourself.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I see this thread it pizzez me off...Time to chime in on er.

Beavers beat the crappers out of BYU last year in Provo and somehow find a way to lose to Texazz in the Alamo, makes no sense to me.:gaah:

Beavers might have started sucking towards the end of the year b/c they can't even compete with FCS schools right now.....

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ohio st, Nebraska, Virginia tech, Arkansas, auburn. Just to name a few.

You mean just to name them all...and Virginia Tech was a Neutral site game(as was Syracuse last year btw), you can't have your cake and eat it too. The only one that was ranked was Ohio St.

Your team doesn't play anyone on the road at all OOC. I'm sure if any quality team contacts Alabama AD about scheduling a home and home series it doesn't get very far when they discuss Alabama making a trip for a true road game.

Do you routinely just pull shit out of your ass throw it up here and not expect to be called on it...We've played Home and Homes with Oklahoma and Penn St. over that span and have Michigan St. on our future home and home schedule...all ranked BTW.

As for the neutral site games...if your team doesn't want the 5-6 million and top ten opponent that these games typically bring, so be it, but saying it is somehow less of a game is LAME.

So keep bragging about your schedule and playing no FCS opponents while you bring in the Arkansas St, Utah St. and Idaho's of the world...a shit team is a shit team, pretending otherwise is only fooling yourself.

Lol @ this you seem to pick what you want to focus on. Ranked or not it's ridiculing to play one OOC road game in 10 years. That Oklahoma game was like 11 years ago lol. It's not all shit talking when your team hasn't played on road much at all OOC. Just a coincidence? I'm sure Alabama AD would admit these neutral sites are more appealing than say going on road 1500 miles away. Oregon just played Virginia On road. That's something like 3000 miles. So yeah Utah state and Hawaii. Are you foolish enough to believe that someone like Georgia st, western Carolina, Chattanooga Wouldn't get killed by those teams? A fcs team and a team that just came up from fcs to sunbelt this year. I essence your basically playing 2 fcs teams

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ this you seem to pick what you want to focus on. Ranked or not it's ridiculing to play one OOC road game in 10 years. That Oklahoma game was like 11 years ago lol. It's not all shit talking when your team hasn't played on road much at all OOC. Just a coincidence? I'm sure Alabama AD would admit these neutral sites are more appealing than say going on road 1500 miles away. Oregon just played Virginia On road. That's something like 3000 miles. So yeah Utah state and Hawaii. Are you foolish enough to believe that someone like Georgia st, western Carolina, Chattanooga Wouldn't get killed by those teams? A fcs team and a team that just came up from fcs to sunbelt this year. I essence your basically playing 2 fcs teams

Does anybody really believe that USC is any more likely to lose to Utah St. than Alabama is going to lose to Chattanooga? Well maybe after last week they do, but that is besides the point. Shitty teams are Shitty teams, you claiming otherwise is just putting lipstick on the pig. I'm am not making excuses for my team's schedule. I know exactly what we do, 1 good team, preferably neutral site and 3 pigs. You are the one trying to pass of your pigs for beauty queens.

Now you're bringing Oregon into the conversation...WTF does that have to do with USC or Alabama...Alabama played Hawaii back in '02, that was 4300 miles away, at least that involves one of the teams that is germane to the discussion.

Of course the Alabama AD would say these games are more appealing, because they are...

A. You get National TV Prime-Time Coverage
B. You get a multi-million dollar payday every year vs. collecting on the home end of an H&H
C. You usually get a ranked opponent because these games are typically scheduled near term
D. Your fan base gets to see you play a larger variety of OOC opponents
E. They are typically at the beginning of the year where great coaching can typically have a bigger impact.
F. Winning a big game early can either cement you at the top or springboard you into the top of the rankings, while if you lose you have plenty of time to recover.
G. Any backlash about it not being a true road game is more than offset by not going to someplace like Provo getting waxed...Just ask Texas, a win in Austin followed by a loss in Provo is not nearly as beneficial as two wins in say Denver.

I could go on and on, there are literally thousands of reasons that a big neutral site game is appealing, but since you seem to think they are somehow less legit, I will digress.

On the FCS note, If the USC AD isn't smart enough to realize that beating Hawaii or Utah St. gets you no more street cred than beating Chattanooga, that is not our fault. Consequently losing to Utah St can get you fired. Now you can rant about how USC likes to challenge themselves...blah blah blah. I will be busy polishing the crystal.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never forget that texas sucks.

Are you high?