• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One game out

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute??

Absolutely not, please do try to remember some of the things that you said about him originally and when you defended him when there were some questions presented by our friend @Shark.

Absolute?? Naw, you're discounting 2012, or have completely put it out of your mind. That season alone, refutes your declaration of his being an "absolute bust" Jarmarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Art Schlichter, Todd Marinovich, Heath Shuler, etc. were "Absolute busts!"

Listing the top 50 of them there's this...

NFL Draft: 50 Biggest Quarterback Busts in NFL Draft ...

biggest nfl qb busts - Bing
I supported the hell out of him , doesn’t change that he was an absolute bust and that shark was right and I was wrong

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I supported the hell out of him , doesn’t change that he was an absolute bust and that shark was right and I was wrong
No sir,
You were completely justified in supporting him, given his body of work at that point. His first season was spectacular (I called it outstanding ) is that in dispute? which does two things... 1. Disproves any thought of being an "absolute bust" (absolute meaning without exception) 2. Gives us the general idea of the type of dynamic QB that our team needs. (BTW: Taylor Heinicke is the stepped down version of that particular type)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir,
You were completely justified in supporting him, given his body of work at that point. His first season was spectacular (I called it outstanding ) is that in dispute? which does two things... 1. Disproves any thought of being an "absolute bust" (absolute meaning without exception) 2. Gives us the general idea of the type of dynamic QB that our team needs. (BTW: Taylor Heinicke is the stepped down version of that particular type)
It is called a one year wonder and for the resources given up to get him he falls into absolute bustdom

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is called a one year wonder and for the resources given up to get him he falls into absolute bustdom
Griffin was as good as it gets for 1 season. Granted, even in 1 spectacular season he had flaws, they all do. A short few year's later he left broken. Partly him however mostly Shanahan. Without focusing on any pics, the fan base was jaded again by bad luck. RG3 could sling it, run it and make things happen other QB's could not. His demise was not all his own. To call him a bust? Nah, there are true bust, this guy had talent. It's a shame really.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't argue against yourself man, take the win and go with it. You were right back then, and nothing is going to change it. (One year wonder dispels absolute)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone the team traded 4 picks so the could acquire Griffin I would say one year was largely a bust. Better than Shuler. At the end of next year you might be saying Heinicke was a better player.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this conversation has gone off the rails...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe anyone would even argue that he wasn’t a complete bust.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a one-year wonder "a complete bust?"

Heath Shuler is a complete bust.
Albert Haynesworth signing with the redskins was a complete bust.

RG3 was electrifying in one season.

Doesn't seem comparable to me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in the resources wasted on him then complete absolute total bust all apply despite my over 10,000 of support for him as was shuler , Ramsey and Campbell ( who also garnered 10,000 posts of support )

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dumb ass thought Shuler could play.
:scratch: :crazy:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some don't remember and shark can jump in and say if I am wrong. Both he and I were dead against the trade up and dead against drafting Griffin anywhere in the 1st round. When he started to play well we were both behind him and rooting for him. Shanahan did that kid a big favor or he had bust from day one written all over him.

He lost me after the Cleveland game when he was such a child about Cousins and telling everyone it was his team. He was right, it was his team. He should have thanked Cousins but even more I realized he was scared of Cousins because KC was really the better QB.

After all of that he and Dan got together, decided Griffin was going to be a drop QB and wrote their own epitaphs. What is Breed says "he couldn't bust a grape" after that. The guy I thought was the better QB was indeed the better QB, the guy I thought was a reach was just that. The kid never did what was best for him. End of story.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J
Some don't remember and shark can jump in and say if I am wrong. Both he and I were dead against the trade up and dead against drafting Griffin anywhere in the 1st round. When he started to play well we were both behind him and rooting for him. Shanahan did that kid a big favor or he had bust from day one written all over him.

He lost me after the Cleveland game when he was such a child about Cousins and telling everyone it was his team. He was right, it was his team. He should have thanked Cousins but even more I realized he was scared of Cousins because KC was really the better QB.

After all of that he and Dan got together, decided Griffin was going to be a drop QB and wrote their own epitaphs. What is Breed says "he couldn't bust a grape" after that. The guy I thought was the better QB was indeed the better QB, the guy I thought was a reach was just that. The kid never did what was best for him. End of story.
i was against the trade up as well and I am always against the trade ups because if it fails it’s a 5 yr recovery and most likely a new staff

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe anyone would even argue that he wasn’t a complete bust.
You can't use the adjectives "complete" and "absolute" when in fact there was the 2012 season when he was spectacular!

complete
[kəmˈplēt]

ADJECTIVE]
  1. (often used for emphasis) to the greatest extent or degree; total.
    "a complete ban on smoking" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    absolute · out-and-out · utter · total · real · outright · downright ·
    [more]
absolute
[ˈabsəˌlo͞ot, ˌabsəˈlo͞ot]

ADJECTIVE
  1. not qualified or diminished in any way; total.
    "absolute secrecy" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    complete · total · utter · out-and-out · outright · entire · perfect · pure · decided ·
    [more]
  2. viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.
    "absolute moral standards"
    synonyms:
    universal · fixed · independent · nonrelative · nonvariable · absolutist · rigid ·
    [more]

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in the resources wasted on him then complete absolute total bust all apply despite my over 10,000 of support for him as was shuler , Ramsey and Campbell ( who also garnered 10,000 posts of support )
The resources paid is a different subject altogether. "HE" was a complete or absolute bust speaks to what he did on the field (sometimes off of it too) His first year cannot be discounted and therefore negates all attempt to label him as such. It's interesting that Griffin still elicits such raw emotional responses. If folks are able to get beyond their feeling, some of the more appropriate labels are "one hit wonder" "disappointing" "The ultimate, what might have been..." "injury prone" "miscast" or "failure" without the adjectives. Other considerations might be "privileged" or "diva" perhaps both of these, if you consider the Snyder influences.

I've stated this hundreds of times in earlier threads and perhaps it's time to reintroduce it again... I AM NO LONGER A FAN OF THIS TEAM (Fr fanatic) I do support them fully, they are my hometown team, and I want them to win every game that they play, At this point in my life, I'm only offering informational support in general and on this site in particular, sans the emotional tie that comes from being a fan/fanatic. I sleep better, my food doesn't upset my stomach and I enjoy eating it after games. The anger bill is paid in full, they no longer have the tie that leads to the ongoing historical post-game or operational disappointments, and now I can see and evaluate them with clear eyes and a freedom that comes with unfettered thoughts. (I stopped smoking, drinking and using weed because of my children in addition to the obvious health issues that comes with use)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't use the adjectives "complete" and "absolute" when in fact there was the 2012 season when he was spectacular!

complete
[kəmˈplēt]

ADJECTIVE]
  1. (often used for emphasis) to the greatest extent or degree; total.
    "a complete ban on smoking" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    absolute · out-and-out · utter · total · real · outright · downright ·
    [more]
absolute
[ˈabsəˌlo͞ot, ˌabsəˈlo͞ot]

ADJECTIVE
  1. not qualified or diminished in any way; total.
    "absolute secrecy" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    complete · total · utter · out-and-out · outright · entire · perfect · pure · decided ·
    [more]
  2. viewed or existing independently and not in relation to other things; not relative or comparative.
    "absolute moral standards"
    synonyms:
    universal · fixed · independent · nonrelative · nonvariable · absolutist · rigid ·
    [more]
I can. because one year doesn’t make a career. For what we paid, he was a complete and total failure.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The resources paid is a different subject altogether.
I can see this argument.

I think the better question is, "Was it worth it?"

You have to incorporate the assets given up if you ask WAS IT WORTH IT?

From that perspective, I answer no

Personally I felt Bobby 3 sticks gave us a magical year. the "Diva, inability to protect himself and enormous ego signs" were red flags that appeared quite early

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J

i was against the trade up as well and I am always against the trade ups because if it fails it’s a 5 yr recovery and most likely a new staff
They couldn't fully recover from all the draft choices they gave up but got lucky in that Shanahan didn't believe in Griffin either and hedged his bet by taking Cousins in the 4th round. Sadly, like some fans the owner never forgave KC for being better and let him go. From all reports because they also didn't like Kyle Shanahan they let several potential draft choices go instead of trading Cousins to San Fran. You'd think it would be hard to fuck up as bad as the owner did in this entire matter but he managed it quite nicely. Then a few years later he told Gruden, draft Haskins. The man is an idiot.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a bad ending for Griffin after the Minnesota game. That's the game he had the 76 yd TD run in. During the post game presser he stepped to the mic and the first thing he said before taking a question. "Maybe I should've run out of bounds huh." that was in reference to the Atl game where he get knocked out and where he should've went out of bounds or threw the ball away on that particular play, but didn't n got lit up. I knew then he didn't understand situational football. Griffin also refused to protect himself as a QB and he paid the price for that several times as well.

And while I agree with you, KC scared Griffin. I don't see that necessarily as something out of the ordinary. It's kinda the nature of sports. Starter goes down, back up comes in and plays well, suddenly the starter isn't the man anymore. What I think really pissed Griffin off was the love Cousins got from the fan-base. First for the relief pitching victory against Baltimore and then the starting victory against Cleveland. Adding insult to injury Cousins also broke Griffin's rookie record for most passing yards for a 1st time starter. Sure Griffin was scraed Cuz could step in and take his spot, but he was pissed because of the love Cousins got from the fans. Plus lots of fans started saying the Redskins had 2 legit starters not 1 and that pissed him off too. In hindsight fans were giving both Griff n Cuz too much credit at the time. But where Cousins would go on to improve and sharpen his QB skills eventually proving that fan prediction correct about himself. Griff's best days were already behind him.

The Skins in general were also extremely lucky in 2012. In 2012 Griffin by himself had 12 fumbles. Opponents only recovered 2. 2 Redskins WRs Garcon and Josh Morgan scored TDs for the Skins on Griffin fumbles. As a team the Skins had 26 fumbles that year and only lost 6 and just 1 went for a TD for Skins opponents. How many times do you think a team has fumbled 26 times in a season, only lost 6 and scored more TDs, 2, off their own fumbles then their opponents did, 1 TD. Can't be a lot of times I imagine.

Far as Snyder n Griffin teaming up n calling shots, yeah. that was the final kiss of death to Robert's career as a starting QB. Telling Shanny he wanted to be a QB like Peyton Manning. Heh. I bet Shanny thought to himself. Yeah, I'd like as well you stupid, triflin mothafuckers. Saying it is npt gonna make it so. .

Was Griffin a complete bust......I dunno. I'm not sure it makes a difference. Of one thing I have no doubt. He was a fuckin hard-head. And like all our father's told us. A hard head makes for a soft ass. Or a cat who couldn't a grape if they fell on it.

s