• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One game, for everything you own

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane-Crosby-OV
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry
Stamkos-Kopitar-Jagr
Parise-Toews-Lucic

Subban-Keith
Chara-Weber
Karlsson-Suter

Quick
The Queen

Coach: Me

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not include Jagr because Id be worried with his team rallying in the final 5 minutes hed take a dumb highsticking penalty

/recency effect

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about winning and Jeff Carter isn't a guy that gets frustrated and acts like a child - Sid acts like a child and does things that captains shouldn't do - you don't want that negative energy on your team - you want guys who will work hard and not complain to the refs all the time about why they don't get calls, etc - Sid is bad energy for a team

Bullshit narrative alert!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed a checking winger who could chip and goal and add snarl. Is that not Nino?

Crosby is a top line player. And I would not replace anyone on my top line with him, based on this year. Nor would I put him on a third or fourth line because that's not his role. I am not saying that Nino is a better player than Sid. I am saying in the role where I have Nino it makes more sense to have him there over Crosby.

Kopitar has delivered this year, Kane and Toews have delivered this year. That's my top line.

YOU'RE NOT KIDDING
3815728-2388303171-cry-a.gif

If you ask Crosby to play that role for you, he plays it better than Nino. No doubt in my mind about that.

This is how Rob Zamuner ends up on Team Canada.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Leans back in chair. Enjoys seeing ridiculous arguments leveled against OV turned on Crosby)

OV >> Crysby.

Didn't Carter cry to get out of Columbus? Or am I thinking of somebody else? :noidea:

Not exactly. He was pissed he got sent here because he trusted his GM in Philly and got slapped in the face, and he was enough of a dick about it here that the team decided they didn't want him. He didn't specifically cry *about* Columbus. He would have been the same on any team that his Hookers and Coke buddy Richards wasn't on.

Have I told you guys my Jeff Carter story?!?

Fuck Jeff Carter.

The End

Do work in my lab?

If you ask Crosby to play that role for you, he plays it better than Nino. No doubt in my mind about that.

This is how Rob Zamuner ends up on Team Canada.

Point taken. :thumb:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV >> Crysby.

Not exactly. He was pissed he got sent here because he trusted his GM in Philly and got slapped in the face, and he was enough of a dick about it here that the team decided they didn't want him. He didn't specifically cry *about* Columbus. He would have been the same on any team that his Hookers and Coke buddy Richards wasn't on.

Do work in my lab?

Point taken. :thumb:

If I recall, he got traded after he signed his big contract? As was Richards, right? Makes much more sense.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, he got traded after he signed his big contract? As was Richards, right? Makes much more sense.

Yeah, both him and Richards got deals and the proverbial "You're my BOY Blue!" from Holmgren. Then he traded both days before their NTCs went into effect.

I don't blame him one bit for being pissed. I do blame him for not trying while he was here.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand leaving Sid off rosters for creating four lines based on a complete team, but saying it's because he's petulant and a bad energy is hilarious. Hell, even when the guy has won, it's never because of him, right?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand leaving Sid off rosters for creating four lines based on a complete team, but saying it's because he's petulant and a bad energy is hilarious. Hell, even when the guy has won, it's never because of him, right?

<sarcasm>He's just riding the coattails of other players, pix</sarcasm>

He set the tone in Sochi and that also included a constant rotation of linemates. I'd say he was one of Canada's top forwards in the tourney.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sarcasm>He's just riding the coattails of other players, pix</sarcasm>

He set the tone in Sochi and that also included a constant rotation of linemates. I'd say he was one of Canada's top forwards in the tourney.

I'm just constantly floored by how the criticism changes with circumstances.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Kane - Datsyuk - Parise
Stamkos - Crosby - Kopitar
Bergeron - Toews - Zetterberg

Doughty - Keith
Chara - Subban
Weber - Suter

Price
Lunqvist

Babcock

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody selected Matt Cooke for a winger? Addition by subtraction (subtraction of player(s) on the opposing team's bench)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Kane - Datsyuk - Parise
Stamkos - Crosby - Kopitar
Bergeron - Toews - Zetterberg

Doughty - Keith
Chara - Subban
Weber - Suter

Price
Lunqvist

Babcock

This looks like a pretty good one. I'll post my own either tonight or tomorrow, I've gotta think about the last few spots. One thing I'm surprised by is that Rask hasn't been mentioned by anyone.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a pretty good one. I'll post my own either tonight or tomorrow, I've gotta think about the last few spots. One thing I'm surprised by is that Rask hasn't been mentioned by anyone.

Appreciate it. I might not have enough screening the goalie type players but I thought the playmakers to scorers and defensive upside of the players would win out.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa-Crosby-Giroux
Zetterberg-Stamkos-Kane
Pacioretty-Toews-Wheeler
Landeskog-Bergeron-Parise

Suter-Weber