• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On opening day last year, Marco was our ace

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I see that ulmax has hijacked the thread with that special language of his that most of us don't understand. But, don't let that intimidate y'all from posting.
Sorry about that..im going to look at trades...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hard to believe nowadays, but on opening day last year, Marco Gonzalez was our ace. Now he is the rotation's weak link. When the season ended last year, Chris Flexen was our ace. Now he is in the bullpen. My how the turns have tabled.

I don't know if we have one ace, two aces, three aces, or four aces, but we have one of the most dominant playoff rotations in baseball.
I think there's a compelling argument we have the best rotation in baseball.

Robbie Ray has been inconsistent, but at his best he's an ace on most rotations. Castillo is an ace. Gilbert and Kirby I think are also dominant, if not possibly better than Ray and Castillo. Having a guy with a 3.89 ERA as the weak link in our rotation is a good problem to have.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just kidding. It's an open forum. Do what you do.
Gotta admire his passion as a fan. I don't know who Conforto is, but he's all over that guy, and so many more.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admire his passion as a fan. I don't know who Conforto is, but he's all over that guy, and so many more.
He was an outfielder for the Mets. Had some good years, not great. Comparable to Haniger. Had a down year in 2021. Became a free agent over the winter and has yet to sign with anyone for 2022.

He hits left-handed, so he would be an asset in the middle of our batting order as France, Haniger, JRod, and Suarez all hit right-handed. The left-handed protection was supposed to be Winker but I think it is now safe to say that the Winker experiment has been a bust. Trader Jerry will undoubtedly move Winker this winter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an outfielder for the Mets. Had some good years, not great. Comparable to Haniger. Had a down year in 2021. Became a free agent over the winter and has yet to sign with anyone for 2022.

He hits left-handed, so he would be an asset in the middle of our batting order as France, Haniger, JRod, and Suarez all hit right-handed. The left-handed protection was supposed to be Winker but I think it is now safe to say that the Winker experiment has been a bust. Trader Jerry will undoubtedly move Winker this winter.

lol just saying ulmax likes that guy a lot, and about 50 other players I've never heard of. He really gets deeper into the weeds of baseball than any of the rest of us. Really loves his baseball.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol just saying ulmax likes that guy a lot, and about 50 other players I've never heard of. He really gets deeper into the weeds of baseball than any of the rest of us. Really loves his baseball.
Yep, especially the lower minors, collegiate, and high schoolers. He was probably a scout in a previous lifetime.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice having this rotation locked in for next year too with more guys waiting in the minors. We can really prioritize adding a bat this offseason

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is the local a lot people linked the Mariners to until Jerry traded for Winker wasn’t?

Marco is the weak link but he is definitely going to be a big part of the rotation in the playoffs. Scott better have a quick hook ready for any starter outside of Castillo. Marco and Flexen can bridge the gap of a bad start by someone.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading @ulmax's posts about draft picks and prospects. Knows so much about guys I've never heard of lol.